[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: a Front.jpg (105 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
a Front.jpg
105 KB, 600x586
What the fuck?
>>
give it multiple listens, gotta learn music theory to get the full effect of it, yadda yadda yadda
>>
File: 1456995011598.png (40 KB, 438x537) Image search: [Google]
1456995011598.png
40 KB, 438x537
ten
>>
don't bother, it's literally just a novelty record
>>
it's shit, m8. people pretend to like it only for hipster cred or they brainwashed themselves into liking it after hundred of listens
>>
>>63392876
I'll consider giving it another listen, but from what I've heard the first time around, my only reaction is "what the fuck".

>>63392885
>>63392906
Huh, I can see that.
>>
It doesn't even sound weird or complex just rough. Anyone of zappas records is more interesting to pick a contemporary.
>>
>>63392876
How does knowing music theory helps understanding this album? I think the best way to get it just listening to it enough so it doesn't become too hard and that just trying to focusing on each instrument and the polyrhythms
>>
great album
>>
>>63393074
I mean it depends on your preferences, but I personally love analyzing and breaking down music, and it's an extremely mathy release, with it plays with builds and releases of tension, time signature changes, etc. It helps unravel the web to know what beefheart was trying to do with each track.
>>
>>63393130
So you literally analyze everything while listening to it?
>>
>>63393147

Not him but why wouldn't you...? Don't tell me you're one of those people who just throws an album on while playing a video game or something...
>>
What to heck !!
>>
>>63392906
Much like death grips
>>
>>63392885
>>63392906
Who the hell let Fantano in?
>>
File: when you see it.png (351 KB, 450x549) Image search: [Google]
when you see it.png
351 KB, 450x549
You have been visited by the Heathcliff of Dadaist Perfection! Eclectic taste and an understanding of the avant-garde will come to you, but only if you respond with "he's bad news" to this post.
>>
>>63393452
Do you know how hard it is to analyze everything on an album like TMR from a theory point of view?? You also need perfect pitch to do that or atleast insane hearing.
>>
>>63393531
Yeah that's why this album is for patricians only. Plebs with no ear or intellect can't understand it.
>>
>>63393572
You can still understand music without being able to perfectly analyze everything from a theory point of view. And of course music is not all theory and there are a lot of other things to notice.
>>
>>63393572
I am a pleb with zero knowing of music theory and I love this album.
>>
>>63393583
>music is not all theory
Spotted the pleb who doesn't know what music theory is

>>63393591
Good for you chump
>>
>>63392851
Oh boy.
It's a novelty record guys.
That's about it. Other wise its a scam, a spook, a Rothko if you will. Which bares no substance yet you buy into it.

Let's remind ourselves that that Don was mentally ill, never had the discipline to learn an instrument himself and physically & mentally tortured his band. Not to mention, he kept all the money himself and was deeply paranoid when reporters would ask about his Trout Mask band and whether they got payed or not.

The drummer who transcribed all of Dons work was mentally & physically abused so much that he had a problem coping with the outside world after TMR and turned full Jesus freak. Too many acid spiking and beatings.
Don is a hack, most of his life is a fabricated lie and you take that to the bank.

Go out one night and play TMR to your friends, see if they don't look at you like a disgusting freak.
>>
>>63393531
don't need perfect pitch, just a good ear
>>
>>63392851
I'd rather listen to social distortionI'm
>>
>>63392851
I thought it was fun. That's it fun, just a weird record 7/10

but seriously beefheart was fucked up making this album seriously what the hell
>>
>>63393634
dude to analyze everything from a theoritcal prespective you have to understand literally every note in the second it's being played. You need to know what notes make the harmony, understand the chords and all the scales and everything. Good ear is an understatement.

>>63393610
>Spotted the pleb who doesn't know what music theory is
explain yourself please
>>
>>63392906
ella guru is the banger of a lifetime. You are wrong.
>>
>>63392876
What bullshit.
>>
>>63392851
When I heard it described as the rock equivalent of free jazz it made much more sense as far as what it was trying to do goes
>>
File: 1458170847199.jpg (74 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1458170847199.jpg
74 KB, 480x640
>>63393130
>he needs to know music theory to breakdown and analyse music
>>
>>63393866

what is the story behind this picture?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.