[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the only Bowie album i've really enjoyed so far.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: bowie.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
This is the only Bowie album i've really enjoyed so far.

The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust bored me and Low was okay I guess but nothing too special imo.

What do I listen to next?
>>
Hunky Dory
>>
Heroes and Low are honestly his best, so try out Heroes next. "Blackout" is my fav song from Heroes.
>>
I love a few songs on The Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust but others fall really flat for me. Like Starman, Soul Love, and Moonage Daydream are incredible, but songs like Star, It Ain't Easy, and Hang On To Yourself make me wonder why it's so acclaimed.
>>
>>63390428
Mine too, great album. Also let's dance and station to station, especially station to station, his second best after heroes
>>
Station to Station is GOAT
1. Outside is closest to the style of Blackstar
>>
File: Starsky & Hutch.jpg (41 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Starsky & Hutch.jpg
41 KB, 615x409
ITT we name artists that would make good buddy cop duos.
>>
Someone post the Mario cover, please.
>>
File: 1PdDPY7.jpg (746 KB, 1800x2405) Image search: [Google]
1PdDPY7.jpg
746 KB, 1800x2405
>>63391465
do you mean this?
>>
'Hunky Dory' is my personal favourite.
if you liked 'Blackstar' you might like 'Station to Station'.
I also recommend 'The Man Who Sold the World' and 'Young Americans'.
If you want to get a basic overview of his work and what styles of his you enjoy/ dislike just list to 'Changes Bowie' and look into the albums the tracks you enjoyed are from.
>>
>>63390332
Station to Station
>>
>>63392292
Post more of this shit.
>>
Heroes > Low because faux dystopian Orwellian/Blade Runner aesthetic plus Sense Of Doubt always reminds me of late night 80s movie reruns where they play background music that sounds exactly like the synths in the song. In a word: proto-vaporwave
>>
>>63390537
>let's dance
Why would you recommend that to anyone
>>
>>63393517
I don't think you could like those albums for worse reasons.

Anyway OP try Station to Station. Its theatrical and emotional and danceable all at the same time. The best of Bowie
>>
I went to 1. Outside straight after Blackstar and really enjoyed it, it has a similar kind of what the fuck factor.
>>
Scary Monsters is really good
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.