[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mercury Rev or The Flaming Lips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Soft_Bulletin_cover.jpg (16 KB, 227x227) Image search: [Google]
Soft_Bulletin_cover.jpg
16 KB, 227x227
Mercury Rev or The Flaming Lips?
>>
>>63388077
Flips have a much better discography.

Boces and Yrself is Steam are at least as good as the best Flips stuff though.
>>
the flaming lips gave me aids
>>
File: blocko.png (169 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
blocko.png
169 KB, 500x696
>>63388077
The Lips have 5 great albums while Rev only has 3, but percentage-wise, Rev has the better discography.
>>
>>63388077
Mercury Rev were a poor man's Flaming Lips. Were. I'm talking late 90's, early 00's. They've yet to make a masterpiece like The Soft Bulletin, yet the Flaming Lips have yet to make anything that great again either.
>>
They're both pretty bad, but The Soft Bulletin is a good album, so the Flaming Lips it is.
>>
>>63388616
Oh fuck wait Rev has more bad albums than I thought.

So by a SLIGHT margin the Flaming Lips has a better discography. Goddamn.
>>
Mercury Rev good band
>>
The lips dont have anything near as good as yerself or boces
>>
Hands down Lips. Boces, Yerself Is Steam and Deserter's are all great, but literally nothing beats The Soft Bulletin. their discography up to zaireeka is really good as well. I'd even go as far as to say they've never released a bad studio album
>>
Mercury Rev are the Alan Parsons Project to the Flaming Lips Pink Floyd. Only...The Flaming Lips have become Alan Parsons Project on their own.
>>
>>63388077
>asking /mu/ whether they like a /mu/core band or a not /mu/core band better
gee whiz anon
>>
benis
>>
Mercury Rev did the Flaming Lips' 90's style better than the Flaming Lips did. I'd still say the Flaming Lips are a better band, as they've been much more consistent and stayed relevant in the 2000's with some of their best albums.

Embryonic is the best album between the two of them.
>>
Yerself is Steam and Boces are better than the Flips entire discography but I guess the flips have more good records.
>>
>>63389912
Literally this
>>
>>63388886
Which one is the /mu/core band? They're both very popular on here and each have albums on the /mu/ recommended list.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.