[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (421 KB, 2480x2480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421 KB, 2480x2480
Let's discuss this, seriously what did and didn't you like about this album? iIt seems to be super polarizing so I'd love to hear some opinions.
>>
>>63384576
This album made me feel like they need to do more R&B/gospel inspired songs and ambient pieces and quiet trying to be radio friendly indie.

Also it could have been shorter but at the same time I don't think it's that's big of a deal, the album over all feels really cozy.
>>
it sounds like a more new wave blur except a lot better

pretty good
>>
I gained respect for them for it. Matt Healy has a good vision and I just hope he keeps fucking with his formula
>>
I'd love to see them do a fully ambient/post-rock kind of record, but as it stands it felt a bit mixed as they went half experimental half still trying to stick to standard indie rock to please their fans.

Disappointing.
>>
>>63384805
This

It sucks they have a fan base that they won't let them grow or experiment without alienating I remember seeing in a cringe thread something along the lines of "the 1975 is the only bad who can write a song without words that i'd listen to" and I think it may be good their opening up their fans to more left field stuff and I'm really excited for LP 3 from them because I know it's going to be super polarizing and experimental like I said they'll probably grow with their fans.

It's just a shame they've created this box for themselves because they're really talented both visually and musically. They did this pop up thing in London that I've seen pictures of and I think it was a nice companion piece for the album.
I also don't have a problem with the title I think it fits the album really well.
>>
it got completely lost in the middle post-Please Be Naked but then came back a bit for The Sound and then by Nana i was over it

would've been a solid 8/10 if they cut like 4-5 fillers
>>
I loved it. Started to really build on the kinds of stuff they touched on in their EPs, and went a little more out there on a few of the tracks.

>>63384805
I like that when they did go with the more standard sounds, they pushed them to the almost comically 80s level (like they did with Heart Out before)
>>
>>63385110
The Sound is my favorite pop song of the year so far I must admit.
>>
Fantano went a lot easier on this than I thought he would have. But I'm glad to see some other people actually digging this album. My gf got me into them 2 years ago and I loved the black/white *ahem* aesthetic from the first few EP's and their S/T. I feel like this album is a good way to stray away from that before that went stale.
>>63384740
I agree with you 100% on the length. I think if they cut it down to 10-13 songs it would have been considered a lot better.
>>
I know this is gonna sound weird but for some reason this band is really good at visual aesthetics mixing them with sonic aesthetics, like this song sounds like the city. It's slightly generic but it's still really good, I wish this song was on the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lur5B3a4_fk
>>
>>63385328
Not weird at all. I think that mixing visual/sonic really enhances music a lot - I can connect more with a song when it's paired with a really good visual. Definitely something that the band (and the albums) do extremely well

I disagree about it being on the album though
>>
this three song streak is amazing though!
>>
File: shbokjlc.jpeg.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shbokjlc.jpeg.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63384576
Wish it had more of UGH! vibe all the way through. Pretty amazing song.
>>
as a fan of this band i'm honestly super happy to see the positive comments. that being said, I like the album but definitely didn't love it like I expected to. a few songs could have and probably should have been cut out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.