[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Find a flaw
>>
the image is too small
>>
who wants to sleep on a bed with no blankets
>>
>>63383961
AND I CAN'T SLEEEEEEEEP IN THE WAITING ROOOOOOM!
>>
File: cant_see_too_small.jpg (2 MB, 5880x3720) Image search: [Google]
cant_see_too_small.jpg
2 MB, 5880x3720
>>
>>63384033
I AM A PATIENT BOY
>>
Oh my god what the fuck anon
>>
>>63384183
I WAIT I WAIT I WAIT I WAIT
>>
PRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYEEERRRRRSSSS FOR SUCCESS
>>
>>63384183
1 2 3 RIBENA
>>
>kozelek breathing through his mouth during medicine bottle
>>
reminds me of her
>>
I can't. The only reason it's not my favourite album ever is because Pet Sounds exists
>>
Lord Kill The Pain
Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but it is such a a stark contrast to the rest of the album that it just takes me out of the vibe that every other song adds towards. Keep in mind that most of the songs off of the first three albums were already written at this point (a lot of them were on the demo that was pre-DCH) so can you imagine if instead of having Lord Kill The Pain they had used something like Mother, Funhouse, or Uncle Joe, all of which would fit into the album much better than LKTP.
>>
>>63383919
its boring as fuck?
>>
>>63384606
Katy Song would have gone well I think
>>
>>63384606
I thought it was good having a more musically upbeat song with somewhat humorous lyrics. To me, the drone-y Down Colorful Hill belongs more on Rollercoaster than it does here
>>
>>63383919
rollercoaster is better
>>
>>63384642
holy shit switch Japanese To English with Katy Song and you have THE greatest album of all time
>>
>>63384642
I actually disagree (to an extent). It's an amazing song, but I feel like it fits in more with the songs off of Rollercoaster than DCH. I really wish Rollercoaster and Bridge had been condensed into one album, it could have been better than the near-perfect (LORD, KILL MY GIRLFRIEND) DCH. Imagine this in place of the second and third album:
1. Grace Cathedral Park
2. Katy Song
3. Mistress
4. Funhouse
5. Evil
6. New Jersey (Bridge Version)
7. Blindfold
8. Uncle Joe
9. Strawberry Hill
10. Brown Eyes
Literally a perfect album.
>>63384691
I've always thought of DCH as the more droney album with the long songs than Rollercoaster, which I always though of as the more song-based album. Its reasonable to argue that Lord Kill The Pain is good for breaking up the depressing, long songs I guess...
>>
Last two tracks suck desu
>>
File: qt.png (77 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
77 KB, 256x358
>>63384828
>Michael
>bad
Kill yourself desu
>>
>>63384606
Uncle joe is so underrated
AND I AM NOT VERY WELL READDDD
>>
>>63384813
Fuck that'd be a sweet album. Can I have the piano version of mistress as a bonus track?
>>
>>63384871
Not very well
>re(a)d
Consider I will lose my
>house
Can you spare me of my
>pain
Can you spare me of my
>te(a)rs
Cool wordplay there. Yeah it's a great song, the beginning part when the guitar drops out and he shouts "where have all the people gone in my life" sells it right off the bat.
>>63384909
We could just have a bonus CD of all the songs from those albums that weren't included. I'm actually thinking about listening in that order and seeing how it flows...
>>
How can you actually listen to this without either passing out from boredom or giving up because of the dumb lyrics? Playing a guitar slowly =/= emotional or "masterpiece"
>>
Rec a guy who loves the first two Red House Painters album something.
>inb4 essential slowcore recs
I want long sad songs with good lyrics and ethereal guitars, and although I love Low, Codeine, Duster, etc... that's not why I love RHP.
>>
>>63385223
Try listening to the album more than once before shitting on it pal.
>>
>>63385223
>dumb lyrics
Can you give examples? Because I've always considered Mark Kozalek's lyrics to be a serious strong point. For instance:
>So it's not loaded stadiums or ballparks
>And we're not kids on swingsets on the blacktop
>And I thought at fifteen that I'd have it down by sixteen
>And twenty-four keeps breathing in my face
I feel like this a pretty good encapsulation of how it feels to be a young adult who is realizing that life is passing them by and their dreams are not being realized like they had hoped. Medicine Bottle has similarly good lyrics i think.
>playing a guitar slowly =/= emotional or "masterpiece"
Well of course not, but when you have guitar melodies that help conjure emotions, backed by martial drums, dreamy vocals, and reverb-coated production, it certainly helps add up to an emotional experience for me. The songs being slow and decently lengthy never makes it feel like they have overstated their welcome because of how well all of these elements build into each other.
>passing out from boredom
It seems that the problem is your attention span, not the albums "length" (it's not even a long album at all)
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 633x758
>>63384871
>IM LOOKING AT THE CEILING
>WITH AN AWFUL FEELINGG OF LOSS
>AND LONELINESS
>>
>>63384813
>cutting off Rollercoaster
Picture of a frog with an angry expression surrounded by red
>>
MAIIIIKOOOL....

DUDE JAPAN LMAO

if scaruffi didn't like this it would be less appreciated on /mu/
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.