[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm about to get my first pair of real headphones, and i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
i'm about to get my first pair of real headphones, and i'm thinking of getting sony mdr v6. they just seem like the most value for their money. but then again i'm just gonna listen to music casually, i don't work in a studio or anything like that. i understand they're industry standard and all, but maybe it's not the best for me? is it a smart buy? are they durable? maybe help me? i need affordable (sub 100 usd) headphones that don't need an amp
>>
>>63383476
I got some AKG240. Theyre well under 100 bucks. Great cans.
>>
I love mine but I listen to mostly acoustic music mostly- jazz and classical. There might be better headphones you can get if you listen to a lot of electronic music.
>>
>>63383509
don't the ear cups get fucked up easy? i guess that's a really minor problem though

>>63383529
the genres i listen to are like
jazz, hip-hop, emo, post-rock, and assorted electronic shit

what would you recommend?
>>
>>63383476
cant go wrong with them as a first good headphone. if you haven't heard other high quality headphones before they will blow your god damn mind.
>>
>>63383476
These were also my first pair of real headphones. The quality will blow your mind but they're way too delicate. Mine only lasted a year. I would honestly recommend the AKG240 as other anon did. Sturdy, great quality, and the over the ear cup is great. You can't wear the v6's for more than like 3 hours before your ears turn red and get smashed
>>
>>63383607
I got them back in November and they're great for me. I listen to a lot of emo and jazz as well and they sound great. They're by no means the best pair of cans out there but they're superb for the cost so I'd recommend them. Can't comment on durability very accurately but mine have held up perfectly for the 5 months I've had them.
>>
>>63383739
that's the impression i'm getting, yeah. i've had really cheap shitty headphones for all my life and i'm tired of it

>>63383781
my ears are abnormally big too so it's hard to find comfortable headphones. that's kind of unfortunate. i've heard the k240s kinda need an amp though, but i'm pretty tech retarded and i'm sure i'll fuck up somewhere. plus aren't amps in the 30$+ range? i think that can be a bit steep.

i'll definitely keep the akgs in mind though, thanks.
>>
>>63383857
if you do get them Beyerdynamic custom one pro velour pads fit them and no only improve the comfort but the sound. and they are only $20
>>
File: pads.jpg (88 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
pads.jpg
88 KB, 375x500
>>63383882
pic related. also "not only"
>>
>>63383850
i think i'm gonna stick with the sony headphones then, and i guess if a year or so from now i'm not satisfied with them i'll try with the akgs or something. they both seem like good headphones for the price in any case so there's probably no real going wrong in this case

>>63383906
huh. that's pretty good to know, actually

thanks anon
>>
>>63383986
I've got some sony mdr v6's and they are superb. Perfect when you have to ride on a plane also.
>>
>>63383906
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-EDT250V-Headphone-Pads-Black/dp/B0016MF7W2

are these the ones you have, btw?
>>
>>63383476
Brainwavz hm5
>>
>>63383476
I recommend these. They were my first pair of good headphones and I loved them. Really solid all around and very well balanced.
Good choice m8
>>
>>63383476
Being realistic finding the right headphones would require testing multiple headphones for a reasonable amount of time... the impossibility of this makes headphone shopping something of a difficult experience
>>
>>63383906
>>63383882
Currently using this set up, it's the best budget method for quality sound I've found. But I have very average sized ears and they can hurt my ears after awhile from how tight they are, so they might be too small for OP who says he has big ears. But if you can tough out breaking them in a bit, it's the best.
>>
>>63384056
yes
>>
don't be that guy that wears these outdoors
>>
Get something with a swappable cable, like the Sennheiser HD 380. If the cable breaks, you can just buy a new cable, instead of headphones
>>
File: 1391648783475.jpg (13 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
1391648783475.jpg
13 KB, 278x278
Hard to say. i personally don't like the MDR because they have sharp treble and reduced bass and their cheap pads that flake on your ears. they also have a 3 meter non-removable cable which makes it hard to move around. I'd say in that price range there are a lot of competitive headphones like the m40x or the Sennheiser hd558 or the xpt100 for people that don't like the MDRs sound quality
>>
File: 02.png (49 KB, 419x248) Image search: [Google]
02.png
49 KB, 419x248
>>63383509
>>63383529
>>63383850
>>63383857

The K240 needs an amp, don't trust the "only 55 oomph label" without an amp they sound good with an amp they sound really great

The fiio e6 works but the e10k is even better
>>
>>63388041
>>63388041
I can still use them fine without the amp right? I'd be happy to buy them knowing I can use them without an amp out and about and still have good headphones, then when I'm at home use the amp for better quality.

Also what amp is good to buy for them? The headphones themselves I can get for $100 AUD.

Are they comfy with glasses?
>>
>>63388211

The quality between amp an no amp is big, also they are semi open and leak and let in a lot of sound. They are not very good exterior headphones and are bigger than the V6

They are extremely comfy even with glasses they use some auto adjustable magic headband. The best amp for them is the fiio e10k or the O2 odac
>>
>>63383476
comfy headphones and reasonably sturdy unless you throw them around like a monkey.
>>
>>63388340
That's cool. I currently just use cheap in-ear earphones or AGK K44's, which are all just cheap shit. Would it be worth buying a pair with the intention of eventually purchasing an amp?
>>
File: 012.jpg (59 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
59 KB, 650x433
>>63388429

They are very durable, so yes

They used to be 170 dollars headphones thanks to the new model mk2 they are cheaper know
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.