[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Discuss
>>
>>63380752
Great pop punk band. Folie A Deux is a great album and everything they did before it was good, too.
>>
>>63380752
Under the Cork Tree is also very good.
>>
>>63380752
Their best album
>>
>>63380931
FaD is weird. Don't get me wrong: it's a great album, but it's also not the standard pop/emo-punk it sounds like at first. It takes a few listens, but eventually you start to realize that it's got a lot more going on. It's like if a suburban cash-in album tore off it's shirt and started singing soul while Brian Eno nodded along in the background.

Years later and I think there's still nothing quite like it.
>>
>>63381439
God Amercia's Sweet heart is such a good song. I only like that album and the album before it in their discography.
>>
>>63380752
personal 10/10 from a 8/10 band
>>
File: L0HHDGB.png (206 KB, 419x439) Image search: [Google]
L0HHDGB.png
206 KB, 419x439
Wtf even is this thread?
Is this just the latest product of the meme factory?
>>
>>63380752
their only good album
>>
>>63381439
To me, it sounds like the lead singer is trying to do his best Elvis Costello impression on that album
>>
>>63381789
no, FaD and TTTYG have been diagnosed "bretty good" by /mu/ for ages
>>
>>63381997
Elivs Costello actually has a feature on What a Catch, Donnie.
>>
From Under the Cork Tree is better, in my opinion.
>>
>>63380752
Shit tier band listened mainly by teenagers suffering from "drepession".
This band and others like twenty one pilots and panic at the disco create the most annoying shit like community in music.
>>
>>63382920
there old stuff before their breakup is good though :(
>>
>>63382920
yeah their fanbase is cancer but what does that have anything to do with their music

stump has a damn good voice and they had quite an ear for hooks

plus pretty odd was good too
>>
WHERE IS YOUR BOY TONIGHT, I HOPE HE IS A GENTLEMAN
>>
I was in a thread the other day with a chart I made for these guys. I'm glad /mu/ isn't looking at them with scorn anymore because they have such a wonderful catalog and none of their members are even 40 yet.
>>
>>63383046
I saw that thread, and I objected that you gave TTtYG too high a score and Folie too low of one.

Mostly agreed though.
>>
>>63383614
I was gonna make FaD a 10/10 because I love it and its worthy of that rating but I felt like people would have disagreed. But it really does man. Few albums I've heard still hook me like that one does. I saw them live 2 weeks ago and they did Disloyal Order and I was changed man.
>>
Someone should make a nostalga-core chart. With tbs, brand new, fall out boy, and shit along those lines.
>>
>>63383862
but nostalgia-core is Blink182
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.