[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Wish Fulfilment so underrated? I honestly think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
Why is Wish Fulfilment so underrated? I honestly think it's one of the best songs of the 90s, even one of the best songs about unrequited love OAT.
>>
This is the most boring band I have listened to of all time. Can someone explain the appeal?
>>
>>63376590
the genius of Sonic Youth is that their least famous/non-singles songs are hidden gems. Wish Fulfilment for example.
>>
wish fulfillment is the only good song on that album
also one of the best SY songs, the number of times i replayed that tune must be in the hundreds by now
>>
>>63376590
I hope you didn't come to that conclusion from this album alone. Listen to Daydream Nation and see if you still don't get them.
>>
>>63376630
>only good song on that album
Swimsuit Issue is pretty good too imo
>>
>>63376656
I listened to Daydream Nation and EVOL
>>
>>63376630
>only good song on that album
>doesn't rate sugar kane
>doesn't rate the destroyed room
k

also
>>63376568
>I honestly think it's one of the best songs of the 90s
s t r e t c h
just say it's one of your favorite songs of the 90s instead of making silly proclamations.
>>
>>63376656
I'd say start with EVOL, actually. idk Daydream Nation is kind of draggy in a lot of areas, t bh
>>
>>63376688
Damn, those are their best albums.

I suggest you give up on trying to get them. Nobody has to like everything.
>>
>>63376716
>s t r e t c h
No, I'm serious, it's up there with Mayonaise and Blown A Wish

It's a fantastic song, also one of Sonic Youth's most meaningful and heartfelt. Also something about the way Lee sings those lyrics, just- it's a highly underrated song.
>>
>>63376590
Weird (de)tuning

Squalling noise

Good pop songwriting chops

Ineffable cool factor
>>
>>63376688
Try Dirty, then. It's really quite good, despite what this thread implies.

>Swimsuit Issue
>Sugar Kane
>Youth Against Fascism

some of their goat songs i mo
>>
>>63376837
I always loved the run from "Chapel Hill" to the end.

And "Theresa's Sound World" .. mmm
>>
That album is pretty underrated
>>
>>63376864
yeah!!

>>63376877
this
>>
>>63376568
This is album does absolutely nothing for me
>>
>>63376688
Evidently Sonic Youth are not for you. What do you normally listen to?
>>
>>63376688
Maybe you'd enjoy their 4th phase: melodic guitar pop. Try Sonic Nurse.
>>
File: zombie kim.jpg (244 KB, 269x750) Image search: [Google]
zombie kim.jpg
244 KB, 269x750
Daily reminder that Sister is their best album.
>>63377065
this desu
>>
>>63377268
I thought that was kurt cobain until I enlargened it lol
>>
Nic Fit is objectively the best song on the album, so your opinion is wrong
>>
>>63377317
*embiggened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSUncPXtE9k
>>
>>63377342
I like you
>>
>>63377344
>embiggened

how are you enjoying the first grade, anon?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.