[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/muse/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: origin_of_symmetry.jpg (286 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
origin_of_symmetry.jpg
286 KB, 1425x1425
Do people unironically dislike Muse in this board?
There's no equivalent of them.(Talking about pre-BHaR. Their newer stuff doesn't sound as original, but sounds good nonetheless) No other band makes similar music, besides some songs of Radiohead and that band is inferior to Muse in any way. Atleast Matthew doesn't sound as whiny and annoying.
>>
>>63372603
>No other band makes similar music
>Totally sounds like a radiohead rip-off
>>
>>63372655
Give me an example of a Muse song sounding exactly like a Radiohead song.
>>
>>63372603
>No other band makes similar music, besides some songs of Radiohead

>Atleast Matthew doesn't sound as whiny and annoying.
yeah, he sounds worse

also their fanbase are teenagers from reddit

>>63372715
exit music (for a film)
>>
>>63372655
>Radiohead rip-off

Try another insult that hasn't been kicked around for 10 years, wise one
>>
To be honest, pic related is pretty good.
>>
>>63372603
>There's no equivalent of them
Porcupine Tree and Oceansize were way better
>>
Maybe it's the trend to dislike Muse, seeing as they fill stadiums and win Grammy awards now. Pitchfork also hates Muse, consistently rating their music below 5 (curiously enough, OoS has never been rated).

....Muse isn't for everyone, I guess. But I never understood how people liked Radiohead though
>>
File: ggggg.jpg (33 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
ggggg.jpg
33 KB, 500x359
>>63372889
>seeing as they fill stadiums and win Grammy awards now
>....Muse isn't for everyone, I guess

>implying popularity equals quality
>>
>>63372928
Who knows? I don't like them cos they were popular though, that would be the dumbest thing ever. They made interesting music
>>
Muse was seriously my favourite band for the last 10 years. But after 3 mediocre albums and increasingly worse live show (too much spectacle, not enough playing actual songs) I've come to grow apart from them.

I regularly listen to stuff from Showbiz to BHaR and have a blast, and still retain a lot of respect for their work. It's just that you can just tell they're trying to become like U2 or any other huge stadium rock band, and quite frankly, I don't like that.
>>
>>63373021
This.
>>
>>63373021
>>
>>63372889
yeah i always found it interesting that p4k skipped their two best albums oos and absolution.... shady
>>
Origin of Symmetry is a solid album but
>>63372861
is definitely right
>>
>>63373021
This tbqh familia
>>
Drones is one of the worst albums I've ever listened to in my entire fucking life holy SHIT what an awful band.
>>
>>63372715
Literally everything from Showbiz/OoS and Pearly.
>>
>>63372603
ITT: braindead losers who jerk off to hentai
>>
>>63374334
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>63374301
Don't forget The Trickster too.
>>
>>63374778
nah but i mean i've never met a single interesting person who listened to muse.
>>
Dead inside is quite literally the worst song-writing I've ever seen. I laughed my arse when I listened to that album because it was so fucking bad.
>>
Say what you will about Muse, but OOS is a masterpiece. Their album post Black Holes are pretty lackluster though.
>>
>>63374996
Mercy -> Defector was the high point.

The Handler and Reapers were fantastic.
>>
>>63372603
>besides some songs of Radiohead and that band is inferior to Muse in any way

fuck, OP. I love Muse and I was all ready to come here and agree with you. but I can't agree on that part
>>
>>63372715
A song called I Can't.
>>
>>63373021
this right here
>>
>>63374960
Hey I'm a braindead loser who jerks to hentai and I hate muse
>>
>>63377227
congratulations
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.