[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love this album. It's fucking great!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: pepe_loves_muse.jpg (191 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe_loves_muse.jpg
191 KB, 500x500
Thoughts /mu/?
>>
i like the little frog
>>
>>63371400
Glad u do Anon
>>
>>63371393
It's a great album. It's a shame Muse turned to complete shit
>>
anyone have this little frog without the album?
>>
Holy fucking shit, I finally found someone who agrees with me on this album! Cheers anon. People think it's overblown as fuck and they are mere Radiohead copyists, but I absolutely love Megalomania. It's the sound of someone slowly going insane. Citizen Erased is the sound of someone getting slowly brainwashed and believing they are not (and becomes the start of a delusional phase), while Micro Cuts sends the poor man burning in Purgatory and Megalomania is the final nail in the coffin. This was the reason for me not looking for new music as a teenager because it offered the whole universe, musically. Till David Bowie, that was.
>>
>>63371629
Couldn't agree more, Drones was a disappointment.
>>
>>63371393
This is definitely the highlight of their career. They haven't made anything comparable to it since BHAR, and that really didn't come close to this. songs like citizen erased, space dementia, etc are legendary. 9/10 imo, sucks that they are complete garbage now
>>
Origin of Symmetry, Hullabaloo and Showbiz are actually good.
>>
>>63371688
Drones wasn't a disappointment because the 2nd law was shit. Drones is actually enjoyable
>>
its alright tbf
good frog also
>>
>>63371730
How about Absolution? One hella roller coaster ride of a record.
>>
File: pepe_loves_this_bl.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe_loves_this_bl.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
>>63371658
Here you go
>>
I strongly dislike Muse and find them annoying.
>>
>>63371773
Absolution is alright, although it's not as strong as the aforementioned.

>>63371733
Both of those are garbage. Drones feels soulless and cringey. It has basic political stuff but it feels preachy and the concept and story feels a bit hollow. 2nd law was too much of experimentation to the point it felt like it lacked substance. BHAR has too many weak links. Absolution is pretty solid.
>>
>>63371894
Absolution > OOS
>>
>>63371894
How about The Resistance? I found myself hating the record when it first came out because I thought the guitars were a mess, but I find myself enjoying the album now.
>>
>>63371979
I actually like the Resistance. It gets shit because of how 'poppy' and top-40 (it isn't) it is. It's an enjoyable album and I like the themes a lot. It's vastly superior to 2nd law and Drones when it comes to songwriting and even musically.
>>
>>63371788
aw thanks :*
>>
>>63372005
Agreed, I Belong To You got so much shit but I found it hilarious, I think it was the clarinet part that did it. I have a hunch people hated it because it was the album that got them their first Grammy, the usual "sell-out" shtick - but in no way was it Top 40 material. Tbh it was a lot more experimental than Black Holes And Revelations.
>>
File: i dont like thing.jpg (84 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
i dont like thing.jpg
84 KB, 500x628
>>63372128
Spot on. It was hilarious at the time. Whenever I even mentioned liking it, there was someone who wanted to get into an argument about it and I just felt like I was always repeating the same things.

Sorry for liking thing.
>>
>>63371807
You are a Radiohead fan, aren't you? I don't understand how could anyone find them annoying. Bland? Maybe, but annoying?
>>
>>63372305
Some Muse fans manage to be annoying and sorely lacking in humour, their last.fm page were full of rants and hate towards that song. I mean, seriously why?? I Belong To You has such a beautiful ending; in fact there's this sense of slapdash humour contrasting with the romantic notions of the album theme, which made me rethink my attitude towards it. Also United States Of Eurasia/Collateral Damage was the same - I don't think any band has made me want to laugh and cry at the same time (or sometimes all at once).
I wish Muse would get back into their classical/experimental period. I wouldn't mind them venturing out of their comfort zone and failing. Someone has to kick their arses.
>>
>>63371400
i like u wolves
>>
>>63372628
I don't identify with their fan base at all, I've grown disillusioned with the majority, or the loud ones, I dunno. I just feel out of place in something like that.

I love United States of Eurasia. To be honest, I think they did the orwellian theme more justice than what they get credit for. It was digestible for a simpler mind, they told stories that can be relatable to many, experimented musically in ways I didn't expect them to AND it wasn't awful and cringey like in the 2nd law.
>>
File: pepe_explain.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe_explain.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>63372417
>>
>>63371629
BHaR was the beginning of the end, their real downfall was when they stopped making ethereal songs about nothing where Bellamy's voice was just another instrument in the mix and started injecting bullshit directionless pseudo-political bullshit into everything.

The Resistance was absolute garbage with the exception of maybe two or three songs as a result.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.