[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Pearl Jam not recognized as one of the best rock bands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Why are Pearl Jam not recognized as one of the best rock bands of there 90s? There is no other mainstream rock band that progressed as much over the course of four albums in the 90s, their output is infinitely better than Nirvana's and Radiohead's (poor man's "experimental" music) and their first four records are near enough 10/10s.
>>
Because Eddie Vedder sounds like he's gargling a throat full of semen.
>>
>>63370621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taIjCV1edZ4
I like what they did with this cover
>>
Alice In Chains > Everything else that came out from Seatlle in the early 90's.
>>
>>63370686
Alice in Chains are very good, and I would almost agree with you there, but AiC made two very good albums and one great EP while Pearl Jam had four classics albums, and improved and developed their sound in a way that no other 90s american rock band did.
>>
File: tumblr_mmw4r0ijxT1rp8le8o1_1280.jpg (192 KB, 570x424) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmw4r0ijxT1rp8le8o1_1280.jpg
192 KB, 570x424
>>63370648
/post
>>
>>63370648
>>63370759
But that's a shit response.
>>
>>63370686
>Soundgarden
You were close though.
>>
>>63370621

Faith No More were an infinitely better 90's band who's music was much more diverse and progressed more than any of the bands you mentioned.
>>
>>63371181
Faith No More are a comedy act. None of their albums are good and they played a hand in creating two of the worst genres of all time: nu metal and rap-rock.

>>63371094
Soundgarden are just a boring version of Led Zeppelin.
>>
>>63371220
>this post
mama mia
>>
I love Pearl Jam but the reason is because 25 years of progression as a band still hasn't gotten them to the level Soundgarden was at with their first EP.
>>
>>63371220
Thread closed. Apparently this guy is literally too stupid to argue with.
>>
>>63371316
Hey, I'm just somebody who is very passionate about Pearl Jam's 90s output. I don't like Faith No More, so what? I respect the front man because I know he worked with John Zorn and shit. But that doesn't make his band good.
>>
Best rock bands of the 90s:
>Nirvana
>Nine Inch Nails
>Radiohead
>Megadeth
Notice how all of these bands have one thing in common: they never stopped experimenting and growing with each album. Pearl Jam is nice but literally every album of theirs sounds the same, that's why they aren't among the best.
>>
File: 1432122667324.jpg (352 KB, 906x1024) Image search: [Google]
1432122667324.jpg
352 KB, 906x1024
>>63371429
First of all, all of the bands you listed are bad. Second of all, compare the album Ten with the album No Code. They do not sound similar at all. Compare Vs. with Vitalogy. I doubt that you have even bothered to listen to all of the Pearl Jam albums.
>>
File: 1439493342558.jpg (85 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1439493342558.jpg
85 KB, 625x626
>>63371478
>First of all, all of the bands you listed are bad.
>>
>>63370621
Because they're responsible for post grunge.
>>
>>63371600
I would absolutely say that Nirvana, NiN, Radiohead, and Megadeth are sup-par bands. Don't get me wrong; none of them are terrible, and I was exaggerating when I said they were bad. Nevertheless, I genuinely don't think any of those bands come close to Pearl Jam's 90s output. I think they're fucking weak bands who I would be embarrassed to listen to in public desu
>>
>>63371684
Why do you think this anon?
>>
Bruh the smashing pumpkins destroy any 90s band this is just common knowledge at this point.

Their first four albums are all incredibly different from eachother
>>
>>63370621
They are you clown. They are widely recognized as one of the best rock bands of the 90's. Maybe not on /mu/ where most of the people here aren't even old enough to remember 9/11, but to adults and people who care about rock music they are recognized appropriately.
>>
>>63371220
you're a comedy act desu
>>
>>63372728
this desu2
>>
>thinks PJ is the best rock band of the 90s
>calls FNM is a silly comedy band
>calls Soundgarden boring LZ derivative
>calls Nirvana and Radiohead bad
I'm the biggest PJ fan in this thread but this is just so far beyond silly it's kind of funny.

>>63372344
>Bruh the smashing pumpkins destroy any 90s band this is just common knowledge at this point.
They're great too but lol no.

>>63372728
This is pretty accurate anyway. Pearl Jam has been considered one of the best bands of the 90s ever since Ten came out.
>>
>>63372344
Maybe that would be true if Billy didn't sound like a squealing pig when tries to sing any note higher than the first line in "Bullet With Butterfly Wings."
>>
>>63370621
I don't think Pearl Jam even wanted to be recognized as one of the great 90's bands though. The whole Ticketmaster thing kinda sealed their fate.

They're easily the best of the 90's grunge bands though, and I fucking love Soundgarden. Vs is one of my favorite rock albums ever.
>>
>>63374203
>The whole Ticketmaster thing kinda sealed their fate.
What do you mean by that?
>>
I always found them incredibly dull. I had their CDs back then, but then everyone did.
>>
It's not that they're necessarily a bad band, but Eddie is an incredibly pretentious 2deep4u asshole and he also feels the need to harangue the audience at every show about how he's not a Republican and that people who believe in God are stupid.
>>
File: bawditone.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bawditone.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
WITH AAAAARMSSSSS WIDEEEEEEEE OPEEEAAAAAAAAAAAN
>>
Never forget that Pearl Jam are responsible for unleashing Nickelback, Creed, and Staind on us.
>>
>>63375249
The only people responsible for Nickelback, Creed, and Staind are Nickelback, Creed, and Staind.
>>
>>63375249
So...should we then blame Led Zeppelin or Van Halen for causing Poison?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.