[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the settlers have dusted, what's the consensus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Now that the settlers have dusted, what's the consensus? Where does it place in TWY's discography? In the general pop punk genre?
>>
It places in nowhere in pop punk. The Wonder Years stopped being pop punk after Suburbia. They are now indie emo. There was nothing poppy about this record. That's the problem with 90% of today's pop punk. There is no pop. The only pop punk bands that is sticking with the style and making it their own is Neck Deep and State Champs. "Life's Not Out To Get You" was perfection.
>>
>>63369878
Neck Deep are literally garbage, saw them as the support for TWY on The Greatest Generation Tour
That said, ever since that show I went off the Wonder Years, was just really obviously scripted stage banter which rubs me the wrong way.

Song For Earnest Hemming Way and Thanks for the Ride are great, but the rest is somewhere between forgettable and straight not very good. Stained Glass Ceilings is totally shit.
>>
>>63370001
Oh no I've seen live videos of Neck Deep, they can't sing their songs. But I'm talking about their music. I find it to be the catchiest pop punk band out there right now. Their melodies and harmonies are the top notch.
>>
>>63370115
I kinda wrote them off for the live show, whats the choicest banger they have?
>>
>>63370148
Fuck. So many. Check out the "Can't Kick Up The Roots" and "Kali Ma". And if you like those check out the album in its entirety.
>>
>>63369503
This band stopping being good after suburbia!
>>
>>63370878
Have you even heard their early shit. Way better than LNOTGY
>>
>>63371092
Nah nigga. Fuck that yelling at the top of their lungs bull shit singing. That yell/sing bull shit is one of the problems with today's pop punk. LNOTGY was Neck Deep finally finding the best them. Wishful Thinking was like a prologue of sorts but Life is them at their best.
>>
Idk about this album but the Upsides is the greatest wonder years album of all time
>>
>>63369878
>. The Wonder Years stopped being pop punk after Suburbia
ITP: TGG =/= pop punk

shut the hell up
>>
Okay guys, let's be real

WBPF > Suburbia > Upsides > Get Stoked > TGG > No Closer to Heaven

Anyone who argues with this is objectively wrong.
>>
>>63373606
No EP's no meme albums:

The Upsides > TGG > Suburbia = NCTH
>>
>>63373672

Oh please, that EP was the peak of their existence as a band. You're Not Salinger Get Over it is the best song they've ever written.

And that meme album is way better than their pretentious pseudo-intellectual bullshit that they play these days.

Also, suburbia is wayyyyyyy better than No Closer To Heaven. The drums sound better than on any other record, it's got a sick opening and closing track, and it flows better than any other album.
>>
>>63373719
The EP was sick but you can't compare EPs to albums.
And the meme album has been disavowed by the band so no point including it and also it is trash,

Suburbia had the highest highs outside Upsides but I felt it was very inconsistent also that "DAE LE RELIEGION SUX" track was cringe and I'm not even religious
>>
>>63373761
I agree that the religion song was lame as heck, but I think with Suburbia they came into their own sound while the Upsides was a more generic pop punk album.
>>
>>63373810
Fair enough I can respect that opinion.
>>
>>63369503
album is top 10 of 2015. its beautiful and is not even pop punk. cigarettes and saints fucks me up senpai. imo their best album
>>
File: homepage_large.b90c9388.jpg (101 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.b90c9388.jpg
101 KB, 319x319
>>63373912
The only album that beat it as my AOTY was Turnover desu
>>
>>63373939
great fucking album. id say in terms of emo id say the best albums were NCTH, Peripheral Vision, and Mariettas As It Were
>>
One of my favourites from 2015. Their last three albums have sounded slightly more mature which I like. Cardinals and A Song For Ernest Hemingway are probably my favourite tracks from the album.
>>
File: turnover-640x640.jpg (12 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
turnover-640x640.jpg
12 KB, 640x640
>>63373995
Need to check out that Marietta album.

Did you listen to Turnover's new EP released a couple days ago?
>>
>>63374046
i dig it
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 633x758
>everyone raves about pop punk constantly
>you absolutely cannot get into it
>tfw you just know you're missing out on something but it won't click
>>
>>63374218
>everyone raves about pop punk constantly
What

Everyone I know IRL and online hates it
>>
>>63374240
depends where youre from. everyone in north jersey loves this shit and its quite fun going to shows desu
>>
>>63374240
/mu/ usually discusses it in a positive light and most of my friends like it
>>
>>63374265
>>63374285
damn i have the opposite experience as you two i'm p sad rn desu

>tfw no qtpi qts to discuss modern baseball with
>tfw no pop punk bros to share pizza with
>>
>>63374387
move to a city. its the most pop punk thing to do anyway. fuck this town yada yada yada
>>
>>63374448
>Literally in the biggest city in Canada

I just don't know the right people I guess.
>>
>>63374470
>canada
found your problem m8
>>
So, are you guy talking about actual pop-punk? Or is everyone talking about emo-pop with "heavy" breakdowns starring a singer who's been up all night sucking a bag of dicks?
>>
>>63375344
toronto is the pop-punk captial of canada tho. west coast here, wish we got half as many pop-punk shows as toronto
>>
>>63375531
Any canadian pop punk bands I should check out?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.