[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know any good folk/folk punk groups? IE neutral milk hotel,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
Anyone know any good folk/folk punk groups? IE neutral milk hotel, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Dead Milkmen, violent femmes, etc?…

Pic is related it's one of my favorite albums of all time
>>
Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
>>
>>63364837
Ghost Mice
>>
Vashti Bunyan (freak-folk)
Shirley Collins (traditional folk)
Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat (dark neo-folk)
>>
>>63364837
JUST KEK M-
>>
>>63364855
(anarcho folk-punk)
(folk-punk)
>>
File: tMG.jpg (36 KB, 300x347) Image search: [Google]
tMG.jpg
36 KB, 300x347
Not really "folk punk", but every AJJ fan moves on to pic related eventually, so if you haven't already you may as well make that jump and give All Hail West Texas a listen, OP
>>
>>63365000
holy shit how have I not listened to them before? Not OP but your suggestion is going to define my next couple weeks
>>
>>63364855
seeing TBIAPB being referenced is always weird to me because they're about the only semi-relevant thing to ever leave my hometown
>>
This is an up and coming folk punk song i made called "The Liberation of Bernie Sanders from the Maniacs of the USA"

What do you guys think of it?

https://soundcloud.com/folk-punk-hero-13/gosong
>>
>>63364837
Definace, Ohio
>>
>>63364905
>Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat (dark neo-folk)

I'll never listen to him because of that name
>>
>>63364837
>favorite albums of all time is an Andrew Jackson Jihad album

I almost feel bad for you
>>
Dayz n Daze, although they're very polarizing you either like em or hate them.
>>
>>63365313
defiance ohio is cool, i like this performance by them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T68lEeFZs04
skip to 1:57, that's my favorite part
>>
>>63365696
I don't have to open this to know it's the dancing fantano vid
>>
>>63365731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
>>63364837
>Andrew Jackson Jihad,
I thought they're just AJJ now
>>
>>63365752
they are, but fuck that
>>
>>63365752
Well that's boring but maybe i should have seen it coming.
>>
i was really into this kind of music for a while, my favorite band was the taxpayers
>>
>>63364837
wingnut dishwasher union, ramshackle glory
>>
http://music.humankitten.net/
>>
File: 1457972553693.jpg (53 KB, 680x867) Image search: [Google]
1457972553693.jpg
53 KB, 680x867
If Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains aren't your favourite folk punk band you're a pleb desu
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.