[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock music is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: rock-08.png (746 KB, 1219x874) Image search: [Google]
rock-08.png
746 KB, 1219x874
Why is rock music the most inferior genre of music? Where's the class? It has nothing on the monumental achievements on jazz and classical. Not to mention it ripped off blues that the negroes were making decades before rock started to become popular. Rock includes it's subgenres (metal, electronic, drone etc...)
>>
water music is shit too, and so is grass music.
fire music is aight tho
>>
>>63364214
>Why is rock music the most inferior genre of music?
Because of ego
>>
Any Colour You Like is okay
>>
>>63364214
>jazz and classical.
People still listen to those genres??? Get off the computer, grandpa and take your meds. lmfao
>>
>>63364233
doesn't that make Hip-hop/Rap even worse?
>>
>>63364247
Sampling is at least somewhat imaginative
>>
>>63364233
>because of ego
explain
>>
>>63364247
yea hip hop and rap are pretty shit usually
maybe some are decent because they actually think about what they say but other than that its a giant cesspool of shit just like country music and a bunch of other genres.
>>
File: bowie_aladin_sane_1000px.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1107) Image search: [Google]
bowie_aladin_sane_1000px.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1107
>>63364291
The egocentrism does not necessary lies on the lyrical content, but on the aesthetically presumptions of the work taken as a whole. ie. The works of the Beatles, Bowie, Floyd, among other dinosaurs of the rock cannon are based on the assumption that rock music can be uplifted through a depuration of all impure 'negro' elements and thus rendered into a higher form of art fit for consumption by 'respectable' bourgeoisie whites. ie. jazz soul, blues and funk are transformed by megalomaniacal plastic rockstars with god-complexes (their autonomy as artists is irrelevant, their egoes being the only unifying force in the process) . this is part of the alienating process of the culture industry through which authentic forms of human expression defanged, castrated and commodified.
>>
>>63364271
Sure, if used correctly sampling can be a great musical asset, but I don't see how the act of sampling in itself makes a genre better than another.

>>63364297
What's so bad about country music?
>>
>>63364308
wew
>>
>>63364432
There's only so many ways to sing about nascar 9/ll and rusty pickup trucks
>>
>Rock includes its subgenres (metal, electronic, drone, etc.)
>metal, electronic, drone
>electronic

This is how I knew it was b8
>>
>>63364484
dont forget girls and drinks
>>
>>63364490
Yeah because that's the thing that gave it away
>>
>>63364484
idk much about country music but the songs they played on GTA:SA's K-Rose channel was pretty comfy and wasn't about any of that stuff.
>>
post yfw whites are still dominating blues and rock n' roll/roots music
>>
>>63364484
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

If you don't like this song you are what's wrong with this country
>>
I'll take Fun House and Marquee Moon over just about anything else.

To each his own, friend. I'm not interested in overarching music-history narratives.
>>
>>63364230
;)
>>
>>63364550
>americlaps
>>
>>63364490
electronic includes techno, ambient, house, trance, drum n base etc... all included under the rock canon

whats so hard to get? or do you convince yourself that something you disagree with is bait so that you can sleep at night?
>>
>>63364628
mmm no
>>
>>63364628
Electronic comes from 19040s Schaeffer and Halim El-Dabhs electronic music and rhythm and blues long before rock was even a thing, which is also just a R&B subgenre.
>>
>>63364628
>drum n base
>>
>>63364230
what about normal music smart guy?
>>
>>63364214
you must be a faggot
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.