[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album not universally loved by everyone on /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Why is this album not universally loved by everyone on /mu/? What are it's flaws?
>>
4chan by nature is a pretty racist site. So theres that
>>
Chance and gambino are the only rappers that i like
>>
his voice is annoying
his lyrics are corny
>>
>>63362779
I don't know
>innovative rapping style
>perfect mix of cloud rap beats that are actually good (Acid Rain) and soul rap (Good Ass Intro)
>only mainstream rap album to incorporate footwork
It's like this decade's masterpiece is hiding in plain sight
>>
Too popular, not pretentious enough.
>>
>>63362818
Are you memeing?
>>
>>63362818
u make me gag
>>
it's a great album. i got burnt out on it from listening to it too much
>>
>>63362779
his voice just annoys me
>>
>>63362794
We're not racist, we just don't like cultural practices that are objectively bad for western society. Like nigger thug culture, throwing gays off buildings, and genital mutilation.

For me personally, I just don't like rap that much.
>>
for me it's that his vocal delivery often sounds grating and annoying. i imagine it's what people who don't like busdriver hear when they listen to busdriver.

i think his lyrics are quite good and occasionally if there's a pimp enough beat i can get down on it. i think the title track on 'acid rain' is fucking stellar. also his voice is really nice on this track, less histrionic, more sadat x.

the actual song "ac
>>
>>63362888
>nigger thug culture
this statement
1) is inherently racist, so if you sincerely believe this is a category you must admit to being a racist
2) only describe like 2% of rap at best
3) doesn't really convince me that such a category, if it exists, lacks cultural value

so like, even if you were right, which you arent, you'd still be wrong
>>
>>63362888
Now that I've listened to it, I'd have to say the high-pitched whines and his voice irritate me so much that I can't pay attention to the lyrics.
>>
>>63362963
try the title track

i agree, he's usually annoying
>>
>>63362956
somebody's a cuck
>>
>>63362779
NANANANANANANA
NANANANANANANA
NANANANANANANA

AH AH AH AH AH AH
>>
>>63363055
this is what through me off the album

what the fuck was point of that
>>
it was popular in the year it came out though

he was a fad like any other

>flaws
there's no use in nitpicking. most popular albums are at least competently crafted, the question should be, what did it excel at?
>>
Was Chance the Rapper the proto-Young Thug?
>>
He seems like a real nice dude but goddamn nothing on this album really caught my attention but his nasally voice, and i'm awful with lyrics so thats basically a non-factor to me.
>>
>>63363161
It excelled at combining soul, cloud rap, and footwork into one defining sound, and supplied a lot of memorable verses that were relatable to high schoolers
>>
>>63362853
No, because i enjoy rapping that isn't retarded gigga nigga shit like kanye west and kendrick lamar.
>>
Second half of the record is painfully average.
>>
>>63363213
this board is 18+
>>
>>63363556
>Acid Rain
>Chain Smoker
>Good Ass Outro
It has a weak middle section but starts and ends 11/10
>>
Cities Aviv is the only good memerapper. Him and this local guy named Bent (used to be XXX Rottweiler Hundar) but I doubt he's relevant on /mu/.
>>
>>63362779
Gonna have to agree on the voice comments.
>>
This album changed my life, no lie.

I would be down to get Acid Rap tatted on me (ofc I won't) because of it's impact on me, and just how great it is. Strong 8/10 imo.
>>
>>63362779
Chance isn't even the best rapper in the Beatles.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.