[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Twenty One Pilots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 627826.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
627826.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Opinions on Twenty One Pilots?
>>
trash for middle school girls.
>>
Literally no one on this board likes them.

I am no exception.
>>
I like them. Some of their lyrics are weak (especially on blurryface) but they're alright. 6/10 band
>>
Very Underwhelming
>>
>>63360043
That seems like too many pilots.
>>
fantastic modern music. Rock on guys!!!
>>
>>63360043

Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days

Say what you like they market it right, a good blend of different types of current and popular music.

I listen to twenty one pilots when I am drunk. You should do the same, but don't drink kids, cos drinking is bad, ok.
>>
>>63360365

F off kanye
>>
remarkable lack of self-awareness
probably the first guys in the room to tell you how feminist they are but are actually kind of dicks
>>
i dont like them but they're not bad for contemporary mainstream

>>63360077
you'd have to be a high school guy to dismiss a band on that basis
>>
File: michael clifford 5SOS.png (446 KB, 983x411) Image search: [Google]
michael clifford 5SOS.png
446 KB, 983x411
"Clifford proudly displays one of his favorite presents, given to him by Josh Dun, the drummer of the band Twenty One Pilots: a Fleshlight, a flashlight-shape device with a plastic vagina on one end ("The #1 Male Masturbator," the packaging reads). "You've never used one of these?" Clifford asks with a grin." - (Rolling Stone; 12/26/15)
>>
>>63360534
From what I've heard on tumblr (lol) from people who have met them - they seem to be nice guys who always have time for fans.
>>
>>63360043
Pretty bland. They just do nothing really interesting or pleasing. 4/10 not enough habanero
>>
>>63360606
hm, i'm genuinely kind of surprised by that. i might have to actually give a look-see into them and change my opinion

the self-awareness thing though was mostly aimed at how they want people to believe they're not pandering to the Top 40 when they are actually taking inspiration from every major pop act currently out there
>>
One of the few bands I'd legitimately consider to be a 1/10. They're just so awful and cringeworthy
>>
miraculously they manage to be worse than most of the current mainstream pop music just by trying to do the opposite
>>
>>63360043
Not bad musicians, but the lyrics on some of their songs are fucking cringeworthy. I don't need to hear you whine about your student loan debts or other upper middle-class white girl problems, Jesus Christ.
>>
They're a change of pace for mainstream audiences, overrated trash for anyone with real taste.
>>
nice boys who make the good, rocking tunes
>>
Twenty-one pilots is music for people who want to feel like they're going against the mainstream. Which is ironic because you can't listen to the radio for half an hour without hearing that shitty song of theirs.
>>
a band I'm glad we all agree to dislike
>>
>>63360784
I have no issues with their white guy problems but i hate when they whine about their religion/religious issues.

>>63360779
When compared to most mainstream music they're alright because they pull the best parts of top 40 music.
>>
A pair of really nice boys who just happen to be on the wrong side of the law.
>>
>>63360581
Well. I hope he's enjoying life.
>>
so fucking bad. probably the only band on /mu/ that everyone 100% dislikes.
>>
If they weren't popular we would probably like them. This board loves Why? and they're exactly the same.
>>
>>63361632
no we wouldn't

>This board loves Why?
never heard of them
>>
>>63360043
their lyrics can be cringeworthy. their first album is really good imo.
>>
>>63361596
Not true. I enjoy them.
>>
>>63361632
Ayy fuck you don't bring my beloved Why? into this
>>
>>63360043
They're one of those bands who can't decide what type of music they want to play, so they throw 8 unrelated styles onto 1 album
>>
>>63361632
>twenty one pilots is the exactly the same as Why?

(not true by the way)
>>
>>63360043
They're essentially this generation's equivalent to linkin park, along with being don't kill yourself: the band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBMxkLUIwY
>>
File: 21p.png (2 MB, 1038x984) Image search: [Google]
21p.png
2 MB, 1038x984
>>63360701
They seem like gr8 guys
>>
Personally, I think they're ok. Not a big fan but I appreciate that they are able to reach the mainstream audience while keeping their style. not a hug fan but good for them.
>>
>>63361632
>Alopecia
>stories of degeneracy, despair, suicide, fetishism, all set to bizarre psychedelic disoriented beats
>21 pilots
>muh car radio, muh innocence, some shit about a farm + guitar and drums
>>
>>63360043
>they're popular and therefore shit
>/mu/ logic
>>
>>63363389
you have listened to them, yes?
>>
wait, they're the car radio band?
lmfao, had no idea. thought they were just a band like MAGIC! that just popped up out of nowhere with a one hit wonder
yeah they're not very good
>>
>>63363460
Car radio is their best song though.
>>
>>63363389
i mean it´s obviously part of the reason avant teens hate them but let's be real they're anything but ambitious, they lyrics tend to be cringeworthy and their reggae songs are awful
they´re an ok band their singles are quite fun and i don´t mind hearing them from time to time
their fanbase though... especially on tumblr
>>
>>63363514
Really? I shamelessly use tumblr and I've never come across cringe worthy fans,
>>
>>63360534
>>63360606
They're pretty popular in Columbus. I've met them before and they're pretty cool guys. I almost feel bad for how much I hate their music.

Almost.
>>
>>63361754
KYS
Y
S
>>
>>63363388
>bizarre psychedelic disoriented beats
what
most of the time they're simply playing indie pop
you're thinking of clouddead, right?
>>
The shitty radio station at my work plays them all the fucking time and they're easily the worst thing on Top 40 radio right now. Mostly due to their fucking horrible vocals and cringey as fuck lyrics that everyone thinks is deep.
>>
Dismissing Twenty One Pilots after just hearing Stressed Out is like dismissing NMH after hearing King of Carrot Flowers pt. 2 & 3.

Their first self titled album is gold, and Vessel is 75% solid jams.
>>
Twenty One Pilots aren't even the best rappers in the Beatles
>>
No streaming service has Regional at Best, which is arguably their best album. Vessel is the lesser, stripped version of it.
>>
>>63364211
This.

I do not like Twenty One Pilots, but Regional at Best is still a good album.
>>
>>63363021
This is their only good song desu

Stressed out is one of the shittiest songs of 2015
>>
>>63364198
You know what?
You're right.
>>
>>63364276
>Stressed out is one of the shittiest songs of 2015
this
>This is their only good song desu
the album stressed out is on has this on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtlLzsDICo
>>
>>63363514
Their "reggae" songs are literally two of the 50+ songs they've released.
They have other albums besides Blurryface.
>>
They're ok
>>
Horrible, horrible trash.

But I do like Stressed Out, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.