[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which is best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1372x1372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1372x1372
which is best
>>
Smell The Glove
>>
But OP there are only 3 albums there
>>
>>63359363
why are you comparing albums that have nothing to do with each other. all you're going to get is a bunch of people giving their opinions on which they prefer

anyway, heres mine: spiderland > songs of love & hate > leaves = unknown pleasures
>>
>>63359379
Kek
>>
Songs of Love and Hate = Spiderland >>>>>powergap>>>>> Unknown Pleasures > Limp Bizkit > Your favourite album > Leaves Turn Inside You
>>
>>63359457
lmao

UP >= Leaves > SOLAH > Spiderland
>>
songs of love and hate > spiderman >>>>>>>>>>>> leaves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unknown pleasures
>>
only two of these albums are even remotely similar but they're both 10/10s
i mean i get you're going with black and white album covers but then the lemon of pink is the best album
>>
Songs of Love and Hate > Leaves Turn Inside You > the Beatles swimming in a pool > that one t-shirt
>>
>>63359962
and what makes this post less stupid and ignorant?
>>
>>63359991
better taste in music than you
>>
>>63359379
Underrated
>>
Spiderland > Leaves Turn Inside You > Love and Hate >>> Unknown Pleasures
>>
>>63360008
shut up sal
>>
the t-shirt one
>>
>>63360363
i get all kinds of pussy with my spiderland shirt tbfampai
>>
>>63359363
Song of Love and Hate>UP>Spiderland>Leaves
Unwound is overrated
>>
>>63360390
w2c?
>>
>>63360442
nightchannels
>>
>>63360223
>>63359400
>>63359457
>Spiderland > Leaves
>Spiderland > Songs
>Spiderland > UP
god fucking dammit /mu/ when will you stop being such faggots
>>
>>63359363
unvnd. but i might be biased because that's like my favorite album
>>
1) UP
2) Spiderland
3) SOLAH
4) Leaves
>>
>>63360474
>>63359962

>the bone-headed contrarianism of /mu/ finally caught up to it's love for spiderland
you fags probably think Beethoven is overrated too.
>>
Spiderland > Leaves > Songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unknown Pleasures

I don't know what you were thinking OP, putting the greatest album of all time next to one of the worst albums to grace the music industry
>>
>>63361020
>>63359824
why the hate for UP?
>>
>>63361050
It's one of the most dull and tasteless albums I've ever heard. Ian Curtis' voice is god awfully annoying, the drums do nothing but hit a kick-snare-kick-snare pattern, the guitars just play generic power chords, it's so fucking boring that Stars of the Lid would be jealous. If anything the question should be "why the love for UP?"
>>
>>63360976
contrarianism isn't what you think it is, parrot.
>>
>>63361083
I hate to be one of those guys, but fro your description you completely missed the point of UP.

>>63360976
>hurr durr contrarianism
>hurr durr /mu/ drone

Spiderland is a fantastic album, but I don't see how it's better than any of the other three.
>>
>>63361155
"no u dont get it man its SUPPODSED to bore u 2 slip"

Thanks for proving once again that Joy Division fans are complete retards.
>>
>>63361104
>calls me wrong
>doesn't even explain why
s m h
>>
>>63361185
>twisting logic instead of accepting humility

you misunderstood what joy division were about, it's that simple. maybe read a few books on them or watch a documentary.

>>63361205
when you subscribe to kneejerk defense mechanisms like the /mu/ spawn you are, you don't deserve explanation.
>>
>>63361253
>read a few books about one of the most dull and uninteresting bands on the planet
Average Joy Division fan everyone
>>
>>63361155
>Spiderland is a fantastic album, but I don't see how it's better than any of the other three.
fair enough. they're all great albums. i've just been seeing a lot of people on here calling spiderland shit lately and it's been rustling my jimmies

>>63361083
as the other anon said, the whole point of the album is supposed to be bleak and hopeless. it's not depressing in the whiney, minor chord progression on acoustic guitar way. It's depressing in the emotionally devoid way.
>>
>>63361280
...i can see that "accepting humility" bit of mine went over your head

no, read a few books/watch a documentary so you can gain the contexts you clearly lack. dumb child.
>>
>>63361185
>provides shit criticism
>expects quality feedback
"Dull" and "tasteless" are completely subjective. Ian Curtis' voice being awful is also completely subjective, imo his baritone voice really fits their style, it's a nice contraste to the more razor sharp guitars. Also, they were heavily influenced by punk and it was 1979, "generic" powerchords were the thing. And still, that album is filled with memorable guitar riffs. Then you have Hook's bass playing, alien at that time and extremely influencial. Plus the albums unique production, brilliant use of a sense of space, really nails the empty, gloomy sound/aesthetic they were going for. And to top it all you have Curtis' lyrics. It's considered a classic for a reason anon, I'm no expert, by any means, but there's a lot to say about UP and it's absurd to dismiss it just like that.
>>
>>63361302
>it's meant to be depressing but in a boring way

Wow what a good excuse for a shitty band

Stop trying to defend your garbage album, you're not going to convince anyone this way.
>>63361319
>no man 2deep4u MY opinion iS OBJECTIVR and U R RONG
>READ A FEW BOOKS
>BOOKS THAT SUPPORT MY OPINION
>>
>>63361253
>kneejerk defense mechanisms
spend some more time on /mu/. every time an album gets a lot of praise here, people eventually get sick of it and there is a contrarian backlash. this is a fact
>>
>it's a "sal starts rambling about accepting humility" episode
>>
>>63361373
yea it's almost like most stupid people i chastise on this board are guilty of this

>>63361361
i'm not talking about opinions, i'm talking about the musical and historical contexts, which again, you lack
>>
>>63361361
reminder that boring is NEVER a legitimate criticism of any form of art. learn some more about minimalism you pleb
>>
>>63361368
you couldn't prove that if you tried but i'd like to see you try anyway.
>>
>>63361356
Oh wow, look, average Joy Division fan grasping at what little straws the band left them.
>>63361436
>READ A BOOK
>YOU KNOW, A BOOK WHICH SUPPORTS MY OPINIONS WHICH I PASS OFF AS "HISTORICAL CONTEXT"
>NOT A BOOK WHICH BASHES THE BAND
>>63361451
Dude, I listen to a fuckton of ambient music and I run a drone music project, you think I don't know what the fuck minimalism is?
If anything Spiderland is even more minimalist than UP anyways, so fuck right off with that shit.
>>
ITT: faggots that got into music after listening to Joy Division and still haven't grow out of them
>>
>>63359363
Unwound, no contest
>>
>>63361552
i think it's hysterical how you sit here and imply i don't approve of dissent when we've both established that you're not interested in possibly having your shallow stance swayed

someone with the attitude you have pertaining to music is probably a really shitty musician too incidentally.

>>63361634
>self-righteous peanut gallery

cute
>>
>>63361552
>If anything Spiderland is even more minimalist than UP
ok but spiderland came out a decade after UP. they're both super minimalistic, and i'm surprised you like one but not the other t bh
>>
>>63361470
Let me throw burden of proof to you, mister
Inductive reasoning shows that anon's claim has a lot of basis in truth
>>
>>63361698
>inductive reasoning

more like shit observational skills
>>
>>63361659
Your arguments make literally no sense. You pass your opinions off as fact and then proceed to shoot off on a thousand and one ad hominems. Are you sure you're old enough to browse this site?
>>63361674
Big fucking deal, Spiderland is still light years better than UP. Both are minimalistic but unlike UP, Spiderland actually does some revolutionary and unique in its runtime. How many albums before Spiderland used natural harmonics as lead melodies? How many created a natural sounding method of changing between two time signatures? How many created the raw intensity of so many of the songs did, without using any distortion at all?
>>
>>63361734
If you're seriously attempting to deny that any record that gains a decent amount of popularity on this board doesn't become the victim of some form of backlash over time, then I'm afraid you're the one with shit observational skills
>>
>>63361763
Oh wow, look, average Slint fan grasping at what little straws the band left them.
>>
Spiderland > LTIY >>>>> UP > Love and Hate
>>
>>63361807
I'm just using the same arguing style you did to show you how futile and useless you are at proving any points.
>>
>>63361763
sure they make sense, you just don't read over what you type and present.

and i'd be the first to argue that someone who's not interested in having their stance swayed one way or another is probably not old enough to browse this site.

>>63361777
nah of course that happens, but i think it's more or less a form of trolling than having your opinion completely changed by the popularity on this board. i'd like to think that people aren't that insecure.

>>63361836
i guess you can say you were only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>63361763
i'm not saying spiderland is bad. it's fantastic, but unknown pleasures is too. you're trying to explain why spiderland is good by looking at the historical context surrounding it, but you haven't even bothered to do that for joy division. it's literally post punk incarnate. it came out at the hight of the punk rock movement, and it still retained the raw DIY aesthetic, but instead of anger and aggression, the driving emotions behind the music were apathy and despondency. it was totally revolutionary at the time just like spiderland.
>>
>>63361894
A D
H O M I N E M
>>63361894
Of course I was, after all unlike you I can only pretend
>>
>>63361894
Then we agree
I was just pointing it out, I think stuff like that altering your opinion is asinine
>>
>>63361894
>i think it's more or less a form of trolling than having your opinion completely changed by the popularity on this board
you're giving people here way too much credit
>>
>>63362003
do you have selective memory, zero self-awareness or do you just not know what ad hominem means
>>
>>63361997
I don't care about your opinions on Spiderland or UP, you keep having the misconception that I do
I didn't use any historical context lmao, I just based my arguments off of the album's merits and qualities. Unfortunately UP has neither.
There are so many better Post-punk abums out there. This Heat's s/t, The Fall's HEH, Television's Marquee Moon, all are very entry level but they are still excellent examples of the genre.
It has the DIT aesthetic, sure, but it's still a fucking boring as shit album no matter what you want to mask it as.
And no, the only revolution it caused was a revolution of whiny upper middle class white girls.
>>63362047
Do you have selective memory, zero self-awareness or do you just not know how to argue without coming off as a pretentious jackass?
>>
>>63362047
kill yourself you attention whoring tripfag
>>
>>63362217
Why the fuck are you arguing if you only care about your own opinions and are too close minded to even consider the arguments of others? Holy shit I swear to god this place is full of 15 year olds nowadays.
>>
>>63362217
>I didn't use any historical context lmao
your last post was literally said "How many albums before Spiderland" did x y and z you fucking halfwit. that's called using historical context.

anyways i'm not going to argue with you any further as it's a waste of time.
>>
>>63362231
yea no one cares what you think

>>63362217
>answering questions with questions

you aren't being very intellectually honest for someone who wants to appear above pretense.
>>
>>63362217
This Heat's first record isn't post punk
>>
>>63362337
That's all you've been doing this entire time, you just didn't spell it out loud for everyone to see unlike what I did. Stop acting like you're any better than I am you dense Joy Division fan.
>>63362344
That was me mocking your arguing style, in case that didn't come across.
Oh nice, poor babby can't argue anymore because he doesn't actually have any arguments in the defense of his shitty band.
>>63362348
>STOP ARGUING IN A FORMAT I DISAGREE WITH
>>63362365
I'd argue that it is, either way if you really disagree you can still use Deceit as another great example of fantastic entry level post-punk
>>
>>63362421
>>STOP ARGUING IN A FORMAT I DISAGREE WITH

no, just stop being intellectually dishonest. it's disappointing.
>>
>>63362458
>intellectually dishonest
You remind me of that anime shitposter who keeps on using the word "anti-intellectual" only except the fact that he was memeing and you're actually somehow being unironic.
>>
>>63362421
>I'd argue that it is, either way if you really disagree you can still use Deceit as another great example of fantastic entry level post-punk
oh yes absolutely
I disagree with Joy Division being complete shit but there's definitely tons of post punk records leagues better than Unknown Pleasures
>>
>>63362490
There you go, that's a platform we can agree on. I still think s/t is better than Deceit but both are fantastic albums so whichever one floats your boat.
But either way why anyone gives a shit about UP when there are so many better albums in the same genre is beyond me.
>>
>>63362487
so you're saying you're not being intellectually dishonest?
>>
>>63362555
No, I'm saying that you come off as incredibly pretentious and pseudo-intellectual when you argue, and your tripcode isn't helping either. So start addressing legitimate points and details or go and derail some other shitty thread.
>>
>>63362526
>But either way why anyone gives a shit about UP when there are so many better albums in the same genre is beyond me.
Yeah I dunno either
I was gonna say it's pretty easily accessible but so are bands like Wire, Mission of Burma, and The Sound, maybe even moreso, and even they don't get the fanfare that JD does
>>
>>63362681
Yeah definitely, I'd say their unexplainable overpopularity would be another contributing factor as to why I dislike them so intensly, aside from just their awful music alone
>>
>>63362732
>that stupid fedora-tier photo
Wow you literally just said "hurr durr ur arguments are invalid because i say so". Good job you know how to use a thesaurus. Now take a long walk off a short pier and take your tripcode with you.
>>
>>63362815
Dude you're not convincing anyone here, not even people arguing for the same points that you are, never mind the person you're arguing against. You're just using the same shitty points over and over again to make yourself look like some sort of genius when in reality you're honestly one of the worst trips I've ever seen on this site.
And no, I couldn't care less

This will be your last (You) from me, because I honestly can't be bothered to deal with stupidity incarnate
>>
>>63362962
phil spector is not even relevant to your argument and who the fuck cares what young phil spector looks like
>>
>>63359923
Lemon of pink is killer
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.