[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw there's no more Comus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: First_utterance.jpg (463 KB, 1500x1488) Image search: [Google]
First_utterance.jpg
463 KB, 1500x1488
>mfw there's no more Comus
>>
File: Comus_Inside_Cover.jpg (107 KB, 380x846) Image search: [Google]
Comus_Inside_Cover.jpg
107 KB, 380x846
>yfw this was the inside cover of the LP
>>
But they made To Keep From Crying and Out of the Coma, as well as a few live albums and an EP?
>>
File: Diana_Single.jpg (25 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
Diana_Single.jpg
25 KB, 300x299
>>63359361
I've listened to all of those except the live albums, and the EP was the Diana Single, unless I've thinking of something else.
>>
>>63359382

The EP has Diana and two other songs.

Roger Wootton and Bobbie Watson are touring with Current 93 if you want to see them, by the way.
>>
Maybe if Comus didn't rape virgins so much there would be more
>>
File: Comus_Out_Of_the_coma.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Comus_Out_Of_the_coma.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>63359361
>>63359408
I even bought the Song for Comus Compilation just to get that unreleased track (spoilers: It's worth it if you don't already own the album) and I'm STILL Hungry. The EP is essential listening for anyone who's heard the album BTW.

>>63359415
Calm it Larkin Grimm.
>>
>>63359456

Check out the Incredible String Band if you haven't.
>>
File: Residents.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Residents.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>>63359532
>the Incredible String Band
I'll try, but it's hard to find almost anything like Comus.
>>
this has strong elements of Comus (4:45 for example) as well as other stuff. incredible album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_muKex7j-9M

i spent like $3k trying to go to europe and see Comus' reunion on Melloboat, ended up failing to travel to stockholm in time. one of the biggest fuckups of my life
>>
File: choices.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
choices.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>63359680
>i spent like $3k trying to go to europe and see Comus' reunion on Melloboat, ended up failing to travel to stockholm in time. one of the biggest fuckups of my life
I 100% understand that. I'd love to see them live, but chances are it wouldn't live up to my expectations. It's Sad what happened to Roger Wotton's voice.
>>
File: hodd_Toward.jpg (178 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
hodd_Toward.jpg
178 KB, 500x612
>>63359680
That's really good by the way.
>>
File: Uncle_Acid_The_Night_Creeper.jpg (82 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Acid_The_Night_Creeper.jpg
82 KB, 1000x1000
>>63359680
Why isn't there more inspired stuff with heavy sludgy guitars?
>>
>>63360150
glad you like it

anecdotally, she is the daughter of the singer from Steeleye Span, who are a british folk band. unlike Comus they are not Wyrd Folk but they are still from a related lineage.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.