[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is better than 100% of the shoegaze it inspired.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: psychocandy.jpg (96 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
psychocandy.jpg
96 KB, 800x800
This album is better than 100% of the shoegaze it inspired.
>>
Loveless is barely better
>>
>>63359211
That album inspired late 80s and 90s noise rock bands like Sonic Youth, Dinosaur jr and Th faith healers and probably shaped Mbv early sound, but Cocteau Twins were the responsibles of the Shoegaze movement.
>>
>>63359211
Love this album but it's probably one of the most redundant things I've ever heard.
>>
>generic bubblegum pop music + excessive amounts of feedback and distortion
>good

I fucking hate indie dorks
>>
>>63359501
that does sound good though
>>
>>63359211
>Implying it influenced shoegaze
U make me laff OP
>>
>>63359211
Favorite Band. Also they got better with age. Munki is one of the greatest albums of all time and barely anyone knows about it.
>>
>>63359630
MBV was a rip off jamc/cramps for 4 years.
>>
>>63359211
Stone and dethroned is also great.
>>
>>63359690
Are you deaf?
>>
>>63359729
no but you certainly are if you think pre kevin singing was anything but.
>>
>>63359729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7cDMI1KRo
>>
>>63359690
My Bloody Valentine had more in common with Spacemen 3 than JAMC
>>
>>63359630
You're objectively wrong.

>>63359501
>implying that's all there is to it
>implying even if it was that it wouldn't already be fantastic

>>63359670
I like you. Their discography is underrated as fuck. Barbed Wire Kisses is Psychocandy levels of greatness, Honey's Dead, Darklands and Munki are all fucking brilliant, they have GOAT singles and EP's and Automatic is pretty good too.
>>
>>63359211
No. Just fucking no. If you believe that you really need to listen to more music.
>>
>>63360413
u dumb? mbv takes more from spacemen 3 and cocteau twins
>>
>>63359729
The New Record by My Bloody Valentine sounds very JAMC-ish and I think it's been stated that Kevin was influenced by JAMC
>>
>>63361471
Except Kevin literally said he was blown away when he saw JAMC live.
>>
true
>>
>>63359264
Not even the best My Bloody Valentine record.
>>
>>63363404
meme band
>>
>>63363426
"You Made Me Realize" and "Isn't Anything" are far better than Loveless.
>>
>>63363440
contrarian opinion
>>
>>63363457
Loveless is very good, but overrated. You Made Me Realize is their best work.
>>
>>63363465
meme band
>>
Should be obvious
>>
this album kind of sucks
>>
>>63359211
Brian Jonestown Massacre did it better
>>
>can't you see
>you've got me chasing honeybees

really?
>>
>>63359331
>>63359461
Both true
>>
I really don't care for these comparisons because if you're going to call Psychocandy a progenitor of shoegaze it pales next to the aims achieved by Loveless. Stuff is really great Spector-thru-noise, but I refuse to believe anyone who rates it above Loveless listens to music on anything better than their laptop speakers or apple earbuds. Big fucking monitors will show you what a huge thrill Loveless is. bliiiiiss
>>
>>63363404
in the beatles
>>
>>63366072
ok nice.
>>
I actually disliked the record quite a bit initially because of how some insisted that it was old school / proto shoegaze and better than modern shoegaze. I just didn't feel the similarities were overwhelmingly significant and it felt lazy compared to later, more lavishly produced shoegaze records. HOWEVER, once I got it out of my head that JAMC were supposed to be a prime example of shoegaze (they're not), I begun I appreciating them as an admirably stripped down noise pop band, with Psychocandy obviously being the best example of this.
>>
>>63359211
Stop forcing it. It's a horrible album.
>>
>>63364960
What do you expect, a symbolist poem? That words are brilliant for that kind of chill shit song
>>
>>63359211
/thread.
>>
>>63365930

This, a hundred times. Psychocandy isn't bad at all, but Loveless is the ultimate masterpiece of noise pop.
>>
darklands is better
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.