[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet. Could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: JTlci8p.jpg (265 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
JTlci8p.jpg
265 KB, 1584x962
This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet. Could you imagine anything worse than an entire board dedicated to flaming hipster faggots who think obscure music = good music? I can't.

This is not even b8, /mu/ is awful. The quality of the posts are incredibly low and if anything is disliked all you have to do is make it " >meme music " and apparently that makes you correct around here.

Then there's the tripfags, truly the worst on 4chan. They do nothing but sprout their god awful opinions for attention except unlike other boards many of them are actually liked and respected, despite posting with a name on an anonymous board.

At least half of the board takes reviewers like Fagtano, Pitchfork and Shitruffi seriously and become mindless mouthpiece drones for these laughable hipster opinions.

Only on /mu/ could talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music. Yet classical music is accepted to be good, what does that make it? Great-great-great-great-great grandpa music? The inability to play any instruments or create a melody while being able to talk really fast over a repeated drum beat is now considered musical genius here

There are very few, if any good things you could say about this board. I mean look at this chart, most of it is terrible or like 7-8/10 at best yet a lot of it is hailed as the "best music ever" despite the fact they're really just hipster albums with little substance.

The culture is cancerous and toxic, I mean you have people who have just started listening to music and then one week later proclaim this shitty music as the best when they've only heard 10 albums ever.

Be ashamed of yourselves /mu/
>>
I know this is bait, but
>implying literally any of those are obscure
>>
>>63358844
Here's your (you)
>>
>I posted it again!
>>
>>63358844
>This is not even b8
Bait confirmed, but I agree that the tripfags here are the worst
>>
There are two albums that topped Billboard on that chart, and they're some of the more recent ones.
>>
>>63358844
Yes, I'm a tripfag but dude, this post is complete trash
>mu-core is meant for new people to get into music they might have not found and opens up their spectrum
>Hip-hop if done right can be better than most other stuff. You can't hate a genre entirely without hearing all of the albums in it.
>"Obscure", believe me, those aren't obscure hipster crap.
>>
but we made Jason FUCKING Aldean big

he's the best
>>
>>63358844

You seem a bit angry.
>>
>>63358844
Good albums. Have a nice day.
>>
>>63358974
why do you do it. do you realize this is an anonymous image board. what is the point of using a trip outside of threads where it is actually relevant.
>>
>>63358844
>Only on /mu/ could talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music
you blew it here, try better next time
>>
>>63358844
>being this mad on a chinese cartoon website
>>
File: mucorerate.jpg (438 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mucorerate.jpg
438 KB, 1600x1200
>>63358844
>This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet
/mlp/, /tv/, /a/, /v/, /pol/, /b/, /soc/
/mu/'s not great but definitely not the worst
>This is not even b8, /mu/ is awful. The quality of the posts are incredibly low
I'll agree with most of this, but there are typically a couple of redeeming threads going on at any given moment
>Then there's the tripfags, truly the worst on 4chan.
Definitely annoying but they've always been a huge part of /mu/, xus and Aaron don't trip (anymore) and they are worse than every tripfag other than Montie (I'd take unty over them honestly)
>At least half of the board takes reviewers like Fagtano, Pitchfork and Shitruffi
Fantano and Pitchfork have a lot of indirect influence on the board whether people admit it or not, which is unfortunate
Scaruffi is not that bad even if he's super pretentious about music that's popular (mainly that ignorant essay on the Beatles with tons of misinformation)
>Only on /mu/ could talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses
Unfortunately, people exclusively listening to hip-hop and taking it more seriously than the artists themselves do isn't exclusive to /mu/.
>while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music.
This only happens in hip-hop/fantano/pitchfork/shitpost threads which can all be avoided. Most people on /mu/ don't dismiss music as "dadrock"
>The inability to play any instruments or create a melody while being able to talk really fast over a repeated drum beat is now considered musical genius here
There are some good hip-hop albums even if most are bad, and production work does take some skill
>There are very few, if any good things you could say about this board. I mean look at this chart, most of it is terrible or like 7-8/10 at best
Yeah I really have to disagree here, all these albums range from solid to great. Some of it is among the best of all time (Beefheart and MBV)
>>
File: 1457440081471.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1457440081471.png
330 KB, 330x319
>mfw plebs can't handle the truth
>>
/a/ has worse trips than /mu/
>>
File: 1457234211460.jpg (83 KB, 330x367) Image search: [Google]
1457234211460.jpg
83 KB, 330x367
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Amm3ElngPI
>>
>>63360971
>Most people on /mu/ don't dismiss music as "dadrock"
I've been to other other boards and a lot of people think /mu/ dismisses music that is either "old" or "popular", unless it's "obscured indie hipster shit."
I remember going to a thread on /co/ and someone method queen as a "reddit band" and everyone there flipped there shit.
"Fuckin /mu/ and their lewronggeneration bullshit" goes through everyone's mind and avoid this board like the plague. So, we get the worst reputation for all the wrong reasons. Not like anyone here cares.
If you to see how detached /mu/ is from this site, post the album essential charts to any other boards. You'll get replies like "Wow, I only know two album on there"
>>
>>63362450
Thank god. 4chan is filled with cancerous faggots. I'm glad this community isn't filled with autists like /a/ and /v/.
>>
>>63359650
Attention
>>
File: 1371748584406.jpg (236 KB, 1200x1014) Image search: [Google]
1371748584406.jpg
236 KB, 1200x1014
I mean, I disagree with a couple of his points, but seriously there is something fucking wrong with this place lately. This last month or so I've hardly spent more than 5 minutes on here each day because half the threads are worthless generals and self-promoting circlejerks and the other half are meme threads. This place is past community reform, we need the janitors to start cracking down.
>>
>>63362600
nah
i like the loose shitposting atmosphere
the problem with some other boards is too much moderation and seriousness so everybody just acts autistic
>>
>>63358844
you had me up until "talentless hip hop artists"
>>
that caveman thread yesterday was great
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 234x230
>>63358844
Wew lad
>>
If you think /mu/core is actually obscure you're a living meme
>>
>>63358844
>Those albums are not obscure
>Most of those albums are fucking great and acclaimed everywhere besides /mu/
>>
>>63358844
>enjoying music
>>
The only good albums on that list are ITCOTCK, Remain in Light, and Exmilitary
>>
>>63362624
I don't want to see shitposting, if I did I could just go to /b/ or /r9k/
>>
>>63362852
well not everyone agrees with you
>>
>>63362866
my opinion is right and yours is wrong
>>
>>63358844
None of that shit is obscure. most of them are critically acclaimed. this is the music board, we know what we're talking about.lurk more and don't be a baby everytime someone called your music is shit. it's all in good fun.
>>
>>63362600
Kinda true, but we've been through worse. the trips nowadays can't even stir shit up well.
>>
>>63360971
>the glow pt. 2
>6
watch it boy
>>
File: Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg (3 MB, 2478x1840) Image search: [Google]
Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg
3 MB, 2478x1840
OP is correct. I've been lurking here for 5 years and I can confirm. This board is full of plebs and drones who just started listening to music a month ago.
>>
>>63358844
>This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet.
Former /v/irgin faggot here. /v/ is vastly worse than /mu/. Not only that but, this board shares a website with /b/, /pol/, /r9k/, and fucking /s4s/. This board is shit, but far from the worst.

>The quality of the posts are incredibly low.
Most of it is jokes and b8. Report them if it gets out of hand and help make the board a less shit place.

>Only on /mu/ could talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music.
Saying all hip-hop is talentless shows you don't know shit about music. Just because some hip-hop artists are untalented morons, doesn't mean the genre as a whole is shit. I guess producing an album and writing a book requires no talent either. Some old rock artists are very talented, and unfairly hated here, but rock is also filled with untalented fuckasses like Kiss and Motley Crue who bank off writing simple riffs and singing about their dicks. To generalize entire genres as talentless/talented is fucking stupid and is worse than most shit that gets posted on /mu/.

>I mean look at this chart, most of it is terrible or like 7-8/10 at best yet a lot of it is hailed as the "best music ever" despite the fact they're really just hipster albums with little substance.
Anyone who listens to music outside of trash on the radio could identify basic "/mu/-core". Everytime I visit the record store, I don't even need to try to look for most albums on that chart. They are displayed as the record store's picks favorites. Most of that shit is extremely popular, and calling any of it "hipster" only further proves how little you know about music.
>>
>>63359650
I'm not the same guy but I can definitely confirm that its for attention
>>
File: bort.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
bort.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>63358844
Well i'm glad those people agree with my own opinion as well. I think they articulated why they were good better than i could have because its thier thing, but never the less after listening to the album i can say i do indeed like the same album.
>you are bort
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.