[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of this album and band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: real-estate-days-album-cover.jpg (44 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
real-estate-days-album-cover.jpg
44 KB, 620x620
what does /mu/ think of this album and band?
>>
classic 2011 pitchforkcore

Is it the most pitchfork band after Deerhunter and Beach House?
>>
It's nice
>>
Days is really good. Their self-titled was OK. Atlas was really disappointing.

They're catchy but their next record will probably sound exactly the same as the first three, which is boring.
>>
Fun album. Was one of the first albums I discovered through /mu/
>>
boring

dated buzzcore from the pre-PoC p4k era
>>
most of their songs/albums have approximately the same feel but imo they do it well and pretty consistently so i still like it
>>
>>63355471
Yes. Real Estate is a top tier p4k band . Deerhunter and Pavement are the only other ones I can think of. Beach house got panned, so they no longer apply.
>>
Decent background music
>>
They don't seem like a band I would like, but for some reason I keep coming back to their music
>>
band: mediocre
album: a decent one to keep in the car for normals

music for when you don't want to listen to music, essentially.
>>
When I heard Green Aisles I was hooked, but the rest of their discography turned out to be okay at best.
>>
>>63355691
Exactly this. They're ridiculously formulaic, but their formula works beautifully on Days. I don't expect them to make anything half as good again.
>>
great album
>>
>>63355348
i want to ride my bike on the beach
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.