[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Benadryl-core/DPH-core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
This was a good idea, no memes. Let's try and fill the rest of this out.
>>
File: Oh, No! It's Devo.png (634 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh, No! It's Devo.png
634 KB, 600x600
>>
whats that first album? looks cool
>>
>>63352586
dj area 51 - not much of this is real
>>
File: a3061876186_2.jpg (111 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a3061876186_2.jpg
111 KB, 350x350
>>63352586
DJ Jazzy Jeff - All Of This Is Fake
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0lpVCUpZc
>>
Deep internet is the best musical approximation of DPHing I have heard

RIP deep internet
>>
music sounds tinny, distant and agitating on DPH. why the fuck would you willingly do DPH anyway, or at least after the first time?
>>
>>63352759
Some people find it thrilling and an aversion from boredom, to be fair no other drugs have a remotely similar experience

I only did it twice though and do not want to go further down the rabbit hole lest I burn a hole in my brain while fighting off imaginary spidercrabs
>>
Shouldn't all DPH core just sound like a nightmare?
>>
Soundtracks for the blind lol
>>
>>63352792
taking DPH to kill boredom is like burning down your house to kill a mouse

there's literally nothing engaging, fun or interesting about DPH. there isn't even a euphoria that's not a placebo; why not just take DXM?
>>
Death consciousness

Waste Yrself

I don't fucking know duster stratosphere
>>
Horse Jumper of Love by Horse Jumper of Love (March 11, 2016)

https://horsejumperoflove.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>63352935
great band from a great city. but i don't know about DPHcore from them

maybe "having to stay awake while on a regular dose of dph"-core
>>
>>63352891
seconding waste yrself
>>
>>63352586
mc hammer - most of this is a ruse
>>
File: 31Y70ZFMXFL.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
31Y70ZFMXFL.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63352586
https://djrozwell.bandcamp.com/album/none-of-this-is-real
>>
>>63353228
I could kinda see it.
>>
completely asinine dose of DPH-core

Suckdog - Drugs Are Nice
Whitehouse - Bird Seed
Current 93 - Dogs Blood Rising
Yellow Tears - The Pissmop LP
Isolrubin BK - Crash Injury Trauma
>>
File: coop.gif (982 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
coop.gif
982 KB, 500x353
DPH is fucking awful. You just feel dead tired but can't sleep at all, you get cottonmouth, you see shit on the walls and faces on everything, usually spiders as well.

I remember seeing a Nazgul walk up to my second story window and tap on the glass.

It's also terrible for you to abuse. I did it cause I was a dumbass teen, but I don't recommend it to anyone. Go lift or something.
>>
>>63353257
yea i figured it out with the other answers. is this a meme album?
>>
>>63353627
It's a forced meme album

Just another lo fi bandcamp shitfest, nothing to pay attention to
>>
>>63353678
This. Honestly it's hard to distinguish between the memes and legitimate movements like post-nightcore these days
>>
>>63353627
It's a meme album but I thought it was pretty interesting and enjoyable
>>
File: icon_razz.gif (414 B, 15x15) Image search: [Google]
icon_razz.gif
414 B, 15x15
>>63353587
I think that's the entire point of "DPH-core" in this case.

>>63353678
>>63353715
>falling for the "anything that's popular without blowing up because of a pitchfork/fantano review isn't legitimate music" meme

I mean, have fun cheating yourself out of 70% of all music then, m'lady.
>>
>>63353923
I listened to it, it's just a lazy over-sampling meme album. The third track is just a Led Zeppelin song with a looped drum beat

Not everything with a cool album cover on bandcamp is the new masterpiece of the century
>>
>>63353627
>>63353678
>>63353755
>>63353923
it's not even meant to be a normal LP, it's an album with a very specific purpose and method of listening that /mu/ is trying to drag down into its memesphere. it's like if /mu/ tried to turn noise music into a new m- oh wait
>>
>>63354009
Except no one even said anything about any masterpieces.

You can't feed your wife and kids on (You)s, anon.
>>
>>63352557
I shook my head at Benadryl-core but I'm glad you posted it.
Everything sounds different on that stuff, like underwater or something.
>>
>>63352873
Come on m8, you can't say there's nothing engaging about DPH. It's a trip. Not a pleasant one, but an interesting one. Personally not a drug of choice for me, but I'd try it again. I've done it once FWIW.
>>
>>63354058
"Meme" is shorthand for "Other people liked it, so I decided to join the hive, but I didn't like it, and I got mad that I wasted my time".

The key here is "wasted my time"; /mu/ only uses music as social currency, so when they don't gain anything tangible from the act of listening to music, they get angry and lash out.
>>
>>63353365
>Current 93

oh god
>>
>>63354058
I haven't listened to the album yet. What is its purpose and how should I listen to it?
>>
>>63354269
on shuffle, with crossfade.
>>
File: OnFire.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
OnFire.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>63353587
>Nazgul

holy fucking shit i haven't played middle earth in like a decade. wow.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.