[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
let's discuss
>>
music is dead R.I.P.
hip hop, poptimism and sjw politics killed it
>>
post link scrub
>>
why is this identity politics bullshit spreading into every little thing now

tumblr was a mistake
>>
>>63351614
retarded race-baiting as expected from MTV
>>
>>63351651
www.mtv.com/news/2793656/rip-indie-rock/
>>
>>63351614
Let's not.

>>63351633
>Muh hip hop boogeyman
>Muh es jay dubyas boogeyman
>>
>>63351614

>2 years ago in college
>didn't want to listen to beyonce
>tumblrina gets mad and says "straight white guys hate pop because they can't dance"

i-is she right?
>>
white males invent indie rock and this is how mtv repays them
>>
Indie is dead but its not because of race bullshit. It's because it's creatively bankrupt as a genre. DIIV and Porhes are generic as fuck carbon copies of 90s-early 00s bands. Look at bands like Mac Demarco, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend who are popular and would fall under "indie". None of them are original. No one's doing anything interesting in indie anymore. What was the last big "classic" indie rock record that received mass amount of acclaim (hard mode: not made by a band formed in the 70s-90s so no Swans etc.)
>>
>>63351672
I don't know, but it's starting to annoy me

not even /pol/
>>
>>63351695
What the fuck are you rambling about? All I'm saying is that I miss when good bands like Deerhunter and Animal Collective were the majority and not shit like Kendrick Lamar and Grimes.
>>
its okay
hardcore and slam is gonna take over soon.
>>
>>63351744
mac demarco unorinigal? who would you say he's stealing from?

also what about Titus Andronicus?
>>
>
>>
His critique of indie rock has nothing to do with race. It feels like they made him pepper it in to get his article published, because they knew we would talk about it. MTV is trying and failing to jump onto the "shock-politics" bandwagon after betraying their purpose in the early 2000's, becoming "edgy" reality show central. It's ironic that the network that paraded Jackass and Viva La Bam is putting this out. The stunts they pulled are the apex of white male boredom. I sincerely hope they crash and burn and that everyone orchestrating this goes broke. Okay, I don't hope anything that mean, but I did for a second.
I can imagine the dude feeling bad about this, but doing it for the money even. I found his "indie rock is boring" spiel to be on point, but there were about two or three sentences like "...white people did this.... ehhhh?? Is that good enough for the bait??"
>>
>>63351754
This is bait right?
>>
>>63351792
Well literally this song for one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ

Other than that he's pretty much a mix of a 70s soft rock Jimmy Buffet type sound with 80s jangle pop/chorused guitars.
>>
File: yes.jpg (55 KB, 421x376) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
55 KB, 421x376
>>
>>63351744
Everything is a copy of something better
The genres themselves have infinite potential but the people behind them are what the problem is.
>>
File: wew.png (1 MB, 1069x801) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
1 MB, 1069x801
>MTV
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.