[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I forgot how much I love Interstellar Overdrive. What does mu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I forgot how much I love Interstellar Overdrive. What does mu think of this song? Are there any albums where the whole thing is like this?
>>
>>63351523
Syd was a hack
>>
>>63351535
talented hack
>>
>>63351535
At least he didn't spend multiple double albums bitching about his daddy issues lol
>>
>>63351523
Syd's the only one that matters
>>
>Floyd album without Dave
downvoted
>>
>>63353332
Dave didn't do shit. After Syd left, Waters did all the work. Even Mason contributed more to music in general than Dave ever did.
>>
>>63351523

Interstellar Overdrive is such a fantastic song, OP. It has elements of doom metal, free jazz, jazz fusion, hard rock, heavy psych, etc and it was around way before that other stuff

Syd was the man. It's too bad we lost him, but for what it's worth, Piper at the Gates of Dawn is still unmastched in terms of how mind expanding it is

i love the ending on bike, especially the laughing track all sped up, sounds like ducks quacking, very bizarre, and one of my favorite moments is the coda for The Scarcrow, the 12 string guitar syd plays is absolutely beautiful with all the reverb, all i think about is like fields of barley going on forever under a perfect blue sky day, gently breeze, its amazing

but yes, interstellar overdrive is my shit. its the best psych jam you'll ever hear

i would rec listening to the mono version because the stereo verion's panning is kinda dated and awful, and it also removes the farfisa organ from the mixing. you can hear it better on the mono
>>
>>63353332
Don't act like astronomy domine and interstellar overdrive aren't their two best songs.
>>
>>63351523
>>63353558
>A delay effect was created by producer Norman Smith by superimposing a second version of the song over a previous version.[2]
^^^^ also forgot to mention this, very awesome
>>
>>63351523
>>63353558
>>63353582
>i think about is like fields of barley going on forever under a perfect blue sky day, gently breeze,
the word i was looking for was 'pastoral', kinda like david gilmour's the narrow way part 1 on ummagumma
>>
File: 1444672291690.jpg (96 KB, 890x656) Image search: [Google]
1444672291690.jpg
96 KB, 890x656
>>63351535
>implying
>>
>>63353441
Bullshit. Gilmour co wrote a lot of songs up until The Wall. Mason was too busy collecting vintage race cars.
>>
>>63351523
The used the Death Grips sample amazingly
>>
>>63353558
Speaking of which, does anyone have the Mono version of Piper on file? I can't find dick in the archive.
>>
>>63353667
I'd be interested in this too
>>
boomp
>>
>No Piper At the Gates of Dawn in Mono ;-;
>>
>>63352203
>implying wright isn't the goat member after syd
>>
Wish Syd fags would fuck off, a very very average psychedelic album, and a truly dated album too
>>
>>63355400
>>63353851
>>63353667
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4052331
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1584238
>>
>>63355710
what would you say is a good psych album
>>
>>63351523
The only good bit of the tune is sampled off Death Grips.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.