[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the first wave of prog die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: yesfragile.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yesfragile.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
When did the first wave of prog die?
>>
1980, give or take, I guess
>>
1977 at least in the UK
>>
when Red was released, so 1974
>>
started to decline around 74-75. Completely dead by 1977
>>
Was there any significant prog in the 80s except King Crimson, Marillion and Rush?
>>
>>63351044
well there were loads of avant-prog bands
>>
>>63351044
Cardiacs
>>
>>63350819
In the late seventies, what year is debatable, but it was definitely done by 1980
>>
Asia was probably the last gasp of 1st wave prog. Mid '80s.
>>
>>63351044

Yes and Genesis, Genesis was very relevant during the 80's
>>
What do you mean by 1st wave anyway? Are you thinking when Prog bands stopped with the 10+ minute songs and started moving towards new wave, pop and traditional Rock (discipline, moving pictures,90125 etc) would that be the second wave?
>>
>>63353607
First wave - 70s
Second wave - 80s and 90s stuff like neo and retro prog
third wave - from late 90s until now
>>
>>63353654
i see, in my opinion, the last 1st wave prog album was Hemispheres
>>
>>63353983
That's just my classification
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.