[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is a good place to start with andrew bird?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: andrew-bird-030812-download.jpg (116 KB, 646x350) Image search: [Google]
andrew-bird-030812-download.jpg
116 KB, 646x350
Where is a good place to start with andrew bird?
>>
>>63348805
that one record he has about eggs
>>
Illinoise
>>
>>63348805
Noble Beast => Armchair Apocrypha => Mysterious Production of Eggs => Bowl of Fire
>>
>>63349058
While I think Noble Beast is his best album, I'd start with Armchair or Eggs. Both of those are a little more accessible and a little more indicative of what makes people like him. Noble Beast is much more subtle and cohesive, but it could come off as a little bit slow and a little bit too subtle for someone just getting in.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRk2iHkOcNE
this is cool
>>
>>63348805
Start with Armchair Apocrypha. It's a good grab bag of his different styles. Lots of catchy tunes and interesting arrangements.
>>
It's hard to really start somewhere with AB, because he's got so many different styles. He's definitely not somebody that you want to listen to chronologically, because that doesn't really give you any idea what he does nowadays. I'd agree that Armchair Apocrypha is a good jumping in point.

Also:

Noble Beast > Armchair Apocrypha > Mysterious Production of Eggs > I Want to See Pulaski at Night [EP] > The Swimming Hour > Weather Systems > Fitz and the Dizzy Spells [EP] > Soldier On [EP] > Break it Yourself = Hands of Glory > Useless Creatures [EP] > Oh! The Grandeur > Things Are Really Great Here > Thrills > Echolocations: Canyon > Music of Hair > The Ballad of the Red Shoes

Don't know where Are You Serious falls yet. From what I've heard I'm suspecting near the top. It sounds promising so far.
>>
>>63349034
Nice
>>
Awesome thank you all so much!
>>
>>63349098
Hell yeah this is awesome!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.