[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet. Could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: JTlci8p.jpg (265 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
JTlci8p.jpg
265 KB, 1584x962
This is truly the worst board on the entire fucking planet. Could you imagine anything worse than an entire board dedicated to flaming hipster faggots who think obscure music = good music?

This is not even b8, /mu/ is awful. The quality of the posts are incredibly low and if anything is disliked all you have to do is make it " >meme music " and apparently that makes you correct around here.

Then there's the tripfags, truly the worst on 4chan. They do nothing but sprout their god awful opinions for attention except unlike other boards many of them are actually liked and respected, despite posting with a name on an anonymous board.

At least half of the board takes reviewers like Fagtano and Shitruffi seriously and become mindless mouthpiece drones for these laughable hipster opinions.

Only on /mu/ could the talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music. Yet classical music is accepted to be good, what does that make it? Great-great-great-great-great grandpa music? The inability to play any instruments or create a melody while being able to talk really fast over a repeated drum beat is now considered musical genius here

There are very few, if any good things you could say about this board. I mean look at this chart, most of it is terrible or like 7-8/10 at best yet a lot of it is hailed as the "best music ever" despite the fact they're really just hipster albums with little substance.

The culture is very cancerous and toxic, I mean you have people who have just started listening to music and then one week later proclaim this shitty music as the best when they've only heard 10 albums ever.

Be ashamed of yourselves /mu/
>>
File: bowiepop-qr.png (107 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
bowiepop-qr.png
107 KB, 411x411
cool

so when are we adding this gem to the /mu/core fellas?
>>
>>63346681
>rock/metal etc
meme music
>>
>>63346681
>who think obscure music = good music?

Where? Kanye? Taylor? Grimes? Weezer? Radiohead? Nine Inch Nails? DJ Shadow? Kendrick Lamaar?
>>
>>63346723
he's confusing it with when /mu/ had a shred of taste.
>???
>>
>>63346681
great b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
This is now a Fela Kuti thread.

WOOOOH WAIII DOOOOOH
>>
>>63346701
>>63346707
Your standard /mu/ reply of nonsensical dribble

>>63346723
This is the /mu/ paradox. Popular old artists are hated, yet obscure artists are worshipped. At the same time modern talentless hacks like Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar are also worshipped. It just goes to show how brainless this board is.
>>
This is the worst community on the Internet and I love it.
>>
>>63346754
>Popular old artists are hated

Where? Bob Dylan? Leonard Cohen? Tom Waits? Brian Eno? Talking Heads? Captain Beefheart? Frank Zappa?
>>
>>63346754
Sounds like babby wants Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Beatles, and Rolling Stones on the /mu/core list. =3
>>
>>63346754
Ah, so you're buttmad your dadrock isn't on the list
Also, >>63346780 is correct
>>
music is subjective
there is no 'better' pleb
people like to think in hiveminds - that's just how the world operates

so what's your point? our hivimind doesn't conform to your definition of good? well hoop-de-doo faggot

the fact that you try to elevate your opinion to facts makes you even worse than this board desu
flush yourself
>>
>>63346681
>>63346754
You like classical rock don't you squidward.
>>
>>63346815
Generally new people hivemind over the essentials, BNM and Fantanocore but to call /mu/ a hivemind is wrong. Sure there are mammoth genres of music like the entirety of r&b/soul/funk ignored and non Western music, but we have generals for classical, jazz, noise, metal, dance music and others too.
>>
>>63346754
why do you shitpost OP? seriously, why do you do it? Are you unaware of your shitposting, or are you actually potato?

btw dribble is a sports term, you're thinking of drivel.

>[spoiler]gr8 b8 m8[/spoiler]
>>
>>63346681
Is this pasta?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x667
>>63346754
>dribble
>>
>>63346854
I don't think so. OP actually typed this out lel
>>
>>63346681
good post
>>
>>63346844
>new people hivemind over the essentials, BNM and Fantanocore but to call /mu/ a hivemind is wrong

yeah sure try talking about something different and see your thread wither and die in less than a minute.
>>
>>63346681
Your insecurity seeps all throughout this post.
It's sad to think you actually care about /mu/'s opinion on anything music related.
You obviously are so triggered by fact people have a different opinion than you so you try to justify or elevated your opinion to the point you think it's objective. Then you slander others to seem superior.
Are you that delusional or are you just underage?
Literally kill yourself, people will continue to like what they like even if masses or individuals don't agree with them.
I know it may be kind of hard to comprehen since you're such a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>63346681
>Only on /mu/ could the talentless (hip-hop artists) be called geniuses while many extremely talented artists (rock/metal etc) are hated because they are 'old' and apparently that makes them 'dad' music.
I was kinda agreeing with you up until here
Just because you personally can't find merit in certain types of art doesn't make them any less valid to others who can, although you're probably memeing so good job
>>
>>63346913
If it fits within an umbrella there is a /general/ for you should get some replies but I don't deny there are styles of music completely ignored.

>there are mammoth genres of music like the entirety of r&b/soul/funk ignored and non Western music

Still the most variety for a music board of its size and traffic around.
>>
>>63346681
I'm on your side, this board should be erased from the internet once and for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_i4MFB3FK4
>>
>>63346681
Oh my god who gives a shit?
>>
>>63346926
>Your insecurity seeps all throughout this post.

>It's sad to think you actually care about OP's opinion on anything music related.

the irony
>>
>>63346944
>Still the most variety for a music board of its size and traffic around.

Man I sure enjoy talking about the same 10 albums/bands/artists over ad over. The only place where there's some in-depth discussion are generals, and even then the memes are overabundant.
And there's is a bias against older rock music, I don't know if it's a clash against reddit, americans millenials hating boomers, or a reptilian conspiracy, but for rock music to be discussed here it has to be either: 1) experimental and/or with an unusual edge or 2) be the Beatles/Weezer/Talking Heads.

Not I care that much really, but most of the timethis place thinks it's better than it really is.
>>
>>63347074
>The only place where there's some in-depth discussion are generals

Theres your answer isn't it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the place in the slightest and I agree 90% of the board is utter fucking dogshit trash but the /generals/ work and if it doesn't exist, force it.

There is nowhere better so you have to make the best of it. If you want to talk about 60s rock, start a general for it, then another and another, fuck the haters and keep at it, there are obviously plenty of people who do like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 278x181
>/mu/ sucks because they don't like the same music as me
>hip hop can't be real music because I don't like it
>/mu/ said my taste sucks so I'm going to shut post about how much I hate it
>>
>>63347074
>>63347117
here you go, even started it for you so you can bump it

>>63347158
>>
>>63346994
How is it ironic? I'm not slandering OP. I'm pointing out how he's insecure about his music taste. That's all. Anything else you might as well be implying things.
>>
>>63347163
Let's see how this goes.
>>
>>63346681
I mean hopefully you use lots of different sources and sites to get music news and ideas from, but each one of them is an in-group just like /mu/.

You should get out more
>>
/mu/ /metal/ core is pretty good
shame I don't have the chart
>>
>>63347074
Still the most variety for a music board of its size and traffic around.

Well, that I know of. Know anywhere better? I'd love to know so I can finally leave
>>
>>63347203
>metalcore is pretty good
>>
>>63346681
did anyone read all of this?
>>
>>63346681
who cares. /mu/ majority are american kids who loves shit like e.g. death grips. I don't cry despite noone loves The Fat of the Land here. I just look for similiar taste epic diamonds in this /mu/shit.
>>
Oh look! It's your daily "MU IS THE WORST TERRISHITBAD BOARD ON HERE". Is this the first one or has there been one already?

By the way OP, if your faggot ass is still in this thread anyway, /mu/ has been shit since lead up to MBDTF's release.

>>63347254
Nope.
>>
I agree there is too much meme-posting, but,

The music that people here discuss, is music that they genuinely love. its music that they are genuinely passionate about.

Despite all the memes, /mu/ posters are still actually passionate music fans ~
>>
>>63347271
Bitch you posted this twice already. Go attention whore somewhere else.

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>63347216
He didn't mean metalcore. He meant the core metal essentials.
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (67 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
67 KB, 452x452
>tripfags are respected
>>
>>63347256
I like fat of the land m8
>>
>>63347210
RYM isn't necessarily better, but i'd consider it as an alternative. It's filled with avant-teens who jerk it to Klaus Nomi, Future, and traditional SEA folk
>>
>>63347371
Oh I never really thought of rym as a community, I just used it for ratings lol. I'll check it out
>>
>>63347371
RYM does have a lot of avant-teens but those aren't artists they particularly fawn over. It's more of The Books, Fishmans and Cardiacs
>>
>>63347371
The forums are pretty shitty though, I do prefer the chan board layout desu
>>
>>63347509
They listen to loads of both categories.
>>
If you don't like memes you can fuck off. Go talk about how Freddie Mercury had serious pipes or some shit
>>
>>63347609
this pretty much
>trying to seriously use 4chan for earnest discussion
>>
>>63346681
>Being this mad about a music board
>Writing about it on that music board
Wew lad
>>
Lmao every one of these threads whines about Kanye West

Is it the same nerd posting every time
>>
>>63346748
best post on this thread
>>
>>63346681
Is this a post from 2011? Half of these things are /mu/ stereotypes that people try too hard to break now.
>>
File: 1456192360755.jpg (75 KB, 473x590) Image search: [Google]
1456192360755.jpg
75 KB, 473x590
>>63347670
Le douchey black man amiright xd
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.