[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre is this? It can't be metal, because I actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: melvins houdini.jpg (131 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
melvins houdini.jpg
131 KB, 800x800
What genre is this? It can't be metal, because I actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>63345951
Sludge metal is more of a noise rock/hardcore punk thing.
>>
you need not concern yourself
>>
>>63345951
Houdini is the fifth album by American sludge metal band Melvins, released in 1993 on Atlantic Records. The album was the band's major label debut after releasing their previous albums on the independent label Boner Records.
>>
>>63345951
>It can't be metal, because I actually enjoyed it

pleb
>>
>>63346021
This
>>
metal in the early 90s is different from what you make think. there are a lot of pretty interesting releases. If you want something more out there try Spheres by Pestilence
>>
It's basically the sound of a punk band making metal music, which is why hipsters love it
>>
>>63345966

oh, alright

>>63346021

>pleb
>implying most metal isn't pleb

>>63346128

thank you

>>63346163

>hipsters

nice meme
>>
>>63346296
>implying most metal isn't pleb

You obviously don't know much about music.
>>
>>63346021
wow
>>
>>63345951
Not only is it very much metal, it's one of their plebbiest albums
>>
>>63346476
what a metalhead thinks is plebby is usually a good thing though
>>
>>63346476
I like this album, where do i go from here?
>>
>>63346494
10 Songs, Gluey Porch Treatments, Ozma, Bullhead, Eggnog, Lysol
>>
>>63346332
>metal
>music
>>
Stoner sludge fo sho
>>
>>63346332
Most of any genre is pleb
>>
dad""""rock"""""
>>
judging by the way /mu/ talked about it before, I thought it was some sort of generic /mu/ approved alt rock band. Guess I was wrong, should have know /mu/ had some sort of soft spot for Sludge Metal since Mastodon gets a few threads here occasionally.
>>
>>63348107
How the fuck have you not heard of Melvins? They're considered one of the most influential sludge metal bands of all time and one of the most famous metal bands of the 90s.
>>
>>63345951
melvins suck shit, listen to electric wizard, acid bath, eyehategod, sleep, fucking anything besides melvins
>>
>>63348712
kill yourself
>>
>>63346709
No. Just because something is rock doesn't mean it's dad rock.

Dad rock is stuff you hear on the radio on classic rock stations.

This isn't classic rock and the Melvins hardly get any airplay.

Faggot-ass pleb
>>
>>63346296
>>pleb
>>implying most metal isn't pleb
Most of anything is mediocre.
Being an ignorant elitist doesn't entitle you impeccable taste, faggot.
>>
File: metal people.jpg (37 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
metal people.jpg
37 KB, 500x526
>>63349408

but metalfags are always the elitists

>pic related
>>
>>63345951
>"being closed-minded is cool, right mom?"
>>
>tfw no gf who listens to Melvins
>>
>>63346494
Melvins have such a diverse discography. I personally went onto Bullhead next, which is a good middle ground between Houdini and Lysol. Of course, when you're finished with that, check out Lysol.
>>63346534
The rest of these are also good picks.
>>
>>63349833
>tfw top qts at Melvins shows
>tfw too beta to talk to qts
kill me lad
>>
>>63345951
i have some recs for you that are pretty similar, but since you write off entire genres because of their fans i think i'll keep them to myself
>>
babbys first sludge metal
>>
listen to Karp
their first album is godtier
>>
>>63349898

I was just memeing to get my thread some attention, I actually know some metal fans and they are (mostly) pretty good people. a little on the autistic side but I consider them friends.

gib recs pls
>>
>>63350022
no, fuck off
>>
>>63349796
I'm not defending elitist metalfags.
I'm pointing out that you're an elitist for dismissing an entire genre of music.
>>
>>63350022
big business - here come the waterworks
eyehategod - s/t (the vocals are a bit abrasive at first but they fit with the music)
high on fire - death is this communion
om - conference of the birds

also as another anon said check out electric wizard and acid bath
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.