[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pleb listens to Animal Collective and can't form his own opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
hey /mu/. Just listened to this album for the first time and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I wasn't in love with it or anything, but I didn't hate it either.

Should I listen to it again or is Animal Collective a band you're supposed to "get" right away? I've found that most /mu/core artists I like are ones that I've listened to multiple times and eventually grow on me.

So is this group any different? Do you think I would enjoy other Animal Collective albums if I listened to them, or would I be wasting my time?
>>
ok
>>
>>63340732

Just listen to MPP when you're high and shut the hell up
>>
>>63340732
it grows on you a lot, i was a pleb when i listened to SJ for the first time and didn't really get it and thought it was pretty weird but now it's one of my favorite albums

MPP is probably more accessible

Feels and Sung Tongs and Spirit have pretty different styles as well so maybe explore their catalog a bit more too
>>
I loved SJ as soon as I heard it, what are you goobers on about?
>>
File: 612.gif (909 KB, 254x286) Image search: [Google]
612.gif
909 KB, 254x286
>>63340811

Thanks anon. I'll be sure to check them out when I get the chance.

Nice dubs btw.
>>
>>63340732
i definitely feel that anco benefits from multiple listens and they are my favorite band
>>
Just keep revisiting their albums. I didn't care for anco for like 5 years but i started to listen to more of their catalog and revisit their albums and it started to click. There really is no other band that sounds like them and all of their albums are pretty unique.
>>
>>63340772
This tbqh pham
>>
>>63340732
come back after you've marathoned it with your wife's son.
>>
If you don't know what to think of Strawberry Jam, listen to the other Animal Collective albums. Start with the first one and move forward chronologically. I'm sure you'll have an appreciation for some of it by the time you're through.
>>
listen to it more. And on LSD.

inb4
>needing drugs to enjoy music
while not being necessary it improves retention of complexly arranged music
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.