[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest Assholes in Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1035x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1035x672
Doing a college paper on narcissists and assholes in the music industry who AREN'T Kanye West. I have a few examples, but some more would really help out.

Anyone got any?

Pre-2000s, if possible
>>
Bono
>>
Roger Waters
>>
Wagner
>>
Moriessey
>>
Paul oakenfold
The lad from oasis
>>
File: rw01.jpg (45 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
rw01.jpg
45 KB, 500x625
>Spit on a fan
>Threatened to destroy all the band demos for The Wall if Richard Wright didn't leave the band
>Sued David Gilmour/Nick Mason over Pink Floyd, a band he resigned from
>>
The members of Blur
Bono
Liam Gallagher
Mike Love
Anton Newcombe
Henry Rollins
Courtney Love
>>
>>63338285
Deadmau5
>>
>>63338339
Wow that's pretty douchy

Comes to prove that you should never know that much of the people you consum entertainment/art from
>>
>>63338319
really the best answer
>>
>>63338285
why not write about something more interesting
>>
Nico, she was a heroin addict racist pos in a shit band.
>>
File: John-Fogerty.jpg (47 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
John-Fogerty.jpg
47 KB, 600x400
>>63338285
This fucker was an asshole to the very end - even as his brother and former bandmate was dying of AIDS.
>>
>>63338401
t h i s
also hopsin
>>
Axl Rose
Maynard James Keenan
Glenn Danzig
>>
File: 1361139296931.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1361139296931.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
Billy Corgan
>>
Kanye west was an asshole
>>
Every famous person really, but their PR guys usually filter it out.
>>
>>63338494
Don't really let it affect the way you view Roger Waters. He still is incredibly talented and has a certain way of pouring his soul into whatever he happens to be working on. You can tell on his records with not only Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and The Final Cut in particular) but his solo career that what he is doing, he is doing because he passionately believes it.

To put one of the events into context, the first occurred during the In The Flesh Tour, which saw the band increasingly frustrated with their lack of connection with the audience. You can hear Roger's anger boiling in each concert recording as the tour progresses. Pink Floyd once played small venues and concert halls where, in quiet passages of the music, you could drop a pin in the audience and you could hear it. Now they were touring stadiums packed with drunken delinquents who just wanted to get fucked up at a concert. This culminated in the final concert of the tour, at Montreal. The crowd was extremely loud, even by comparison of the already rowdy tour, and in an acoustic song, an audience member let off a firework near the stage, prompting Roger to freak out. You can find it on Youtube. In the ending solo for Pigs (Three Different Ones) a teenage fan threw a bottle at the stage and in a fit of rage Roger had him dragged towards the stage by the security guards and lifted up close enough so Roger could spit in his face. Roger kicked him back into the audience, and the show went on.
>>
Don Henley and Glenn Frey.

Seriously, that Eagles documentary is like a monument to the depth of smarmy unlikeability humanity can achieve.
>>
Lennon
Kanye isn't even in the top 30 biggest asshole musicians
>>
Noel Gallagher
Roger Waters
Larkin Grimm
>>
Gesualdo
Phil Spector
Scott Stapp
>>
>>63338285
Captain Beefheart
>>
>>63338641
lol no.

Roger Waters is a narcissistic, overrated, self-indulgent hack. He has the lyrical depth of LiveJournal poetry, no musical chops to speak of, and alienated literally everyone who ever worked with him. He somehow convinced himself he was successful in spite of the bandmates that contained his overwrought, faux-pretentious horseshit, and turned Pink Floyd into a vehicle to make cringe-inducing, off-brand Andrew Lloyd Webber-style "rock operas".

His post-Floyd works have the subtlety and smug self-satisfaction of an older, ponytailed uncle lecturing kids about Ronald Reagan and corporations while adjusting his socks and sandals. The sonic aesthetics skew toward "terrible" and "dated".

The only people who find The Wall or The Final Cut deep are moody teenagers that are so terminally uncool that they lack the capacity to find a better band to be obsessed with. The only people who like his solo albums have voted for Ralph Nader in the last 8 presidential elections and wipe their ass with hemp toilet paper.
>>
>>63338651
which documentary?
>>
>>63338285
Noel Gallagher
Frank Zappa
Eminem
>>
>>63338641
I stopped caring about the opinions and acts of artists, you can just like their OC and fuck the rest.

Do you know of any book that tales the tale of Pink Floid that's well written?
>>
Milo
>>
>>63338285
bob dylan?

kanye is basically a modern dylan but with hip-hop instead of folk rock
>>
>>63338900
"History of the Eagles"
>>
>>63338641
wish you were here was good, but the wall and the final cut are both piles of shit.
>>
>>63338285
Lars Ulrich is a bit of a douche. The rest of Metallica were a little hot headed in the 80s and 90s. They treated their replacement bassist, Jason Newstead like shit for years before he finally left the band.

watch "Some Kind of Monster" (film) for some more insight on that whole ordeal. It would be very good for a paper on narcissism. Good luck!
>>
File: mu has decided.png (464 KB, 1046x499) Image search: [Google]
mu has decided.png
464 KB, 1046x499
Daily reminder
>>
>>63338285
John Lennon was a pretty colossal asshole
>>
>>63338641
kek that last bit sounds like Gira
>>
File: Wanna go for a Ride.jpg (776 KB, 781x1047) Image search: [Google]
Wanna go for a Ride.jpg
776 KB, 781x1047
>>
>>63338291
>donating shitloads of money to charities
>asshole and narcissist
k
>>
>>63339246
>picking lauren
why?
>>
>>63339390
He was an asshole but that's not necessarily the same thing as a narcissist. He donated quite a bit of money to charity and admitted to his mistakes in interviews, especially his last one.
>>
>>63339562
Fair point, I missed the narcissist bit

But he was still a huge dick when he was younger
>>
>>63339562
Haven't heard it, could you summarise what he said in that regard?
>>
File: smiths guy 2.jpg (83 KB, 682x400) Image search: [Google]
smiths guy 2.jpg
83 KB, 682x400
>>63338285
the gallagher brothers of oasis
henry rollins
mike love
milo
and how could you have a biggest assholes in music list without morrissey?
>>
File: rickroll.jpg (26 KB, 447x505) Image search: [Google]
rickroll.jpg
26 KB, 447x505
has trolled almost as many ppl as kanye
>>
>>63338285
Noel & Liam Gallagher
Ronnie Radke
Bono
Jack White
Roger Waters
Justin Bieber
Axl Rose
John Lennon
Hopsin
Azealia Banks
>>
>>63338285
Kanye West isn't an asshole.

Try Eminem or John Lennon.
>>
>>63339663
>mike love
inb4 Mikeposting

But he fits the bill well. He's a gigantic asshole with an ego the size of the moon
>>
>>63338654
Sorry for being an idiot, but can you explain me why Lennon was an asshole?
>>
File: mike.jpg (124 KB, 375x398) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
124 KB, 375x398
>>63339798
lies
mike's cute n' harmless
>>
>>63338285
Andrew Eldritch
>>
File: WinButler.jpg (22 KB, 466x310) Image search: [Google]
WinButler.jpg
22 KB, 466x310
First-class asshole, from what I've heard.
>>
>>63339862
Beat his wife and kid. Emotionally abused his son to the point where he called him a "whiskey mistake." Hey Jude was originally about him (Julian) because Paul felt so bad for him

Also an enormous homophobe who regularly made fun of his manager. And almost beat a man to death over a joke
>>
>>63338339
>Threatened to destroy all the band demos for The Wall if Richard Wright didn't leave the band
Citation needed.

He also has admitted that he was wrong in suing his ex bandmates.

People change.
>>
>ctrl+f
>mark kozelek
>0 results

mark kozelek
>>
Frank Sinatra beat up hookers.
>>
>>63339863
mike pls, your rock and roll hall of fame speech is an embarassment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSAQX2uuUY

And you can't write songs for shit, yet you take credit for the best ones
>>
Miles Davis

how has this not been said yet? dude fucking hated everybody
>>
>>63338918
>Do you know of any book that tales the tale of Pink Floid that's well written?

Saucerful of Secrets: The Pink Floyd Odyssey by Nicholas Shaffner
>>
File: bpafu3I.jpg (281 KB, 1333x1500) Image search: [Google]
bpafu3I.jpg
281 KB, 1333x1500
>>63339968
>Kozelek
>Kozilek

He's an Eldrazi Titan, it makes sense he'd be a jerk
>>
Professor here
I seriously recommend you do the paper on Mike Love, he may not be as obnoxious as Kanye or as scummy as Gary Glitter, racist like Nico or Frank Sinatra but the most effective paper would just be on Mike Love and his antics. He's just genuinely one of the shittiest human beings to ever be involved in the music industry and I imagine your professor would have an absolute field day with the countless things you could cite to support you.
>>
File: Dave Mustaine.jpg (33 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
Dave Mustaine.jpg
33 KB, 493x750
Surprised nobody has brought him up he is an Asshole but a fantastic musician
>>
>>63340056
Honestly all he would have to do would be to put the lyrics to Student Demonstration Time on paper and hand it in for an A
>>
File: heems-1.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
heems-1.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
If the word got out about this slimy little fuck oh man oh man
>>
>>63338353
I get henry is pretty fucking crazy but what all has he done
>>
>>63338285
>>63338285
>>63338285
TRAVIS SCOTT
>>
>>63339627
Well, it goes further than his interviews, really. He made an entire song about admitting he was a jealous guy, for instance. He made another song about how women are mistreated in general - one that also commented on the condition of black people.

In the interview he talked about how he mishandled his first marriage, how he overdid it with getting at McCartney in the early 70s, a few other things.
>>
Lenin. total douche. Yoko too maybe. If you consider caterwailing music.
>>
>>63340170
do tell
>>
>>63339989
This so much

I've also read Lou Reed was a dick
>>
>>63340278
>le modern art isn't art etc.

>>63338285
>le kanye is an asshole meme

I'm fucking done with this board. fucking redditfags ruined it.

Does anyone know a place where people actually know shit about music?
>>
>>63338353
>Blur
>Anton Newcombe
>Henry Rollins
they did nothing wrong
>>
>>63338596
so cute
>>
>>63338882
Calm down, David.
>>
>ctrl + F
>no Prince

Prince
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with being narcissistic
>>
>>63340292
ok
>grows up in an upper-middle class family in Queens
>essentially acts like a rich kid pretending to be poor
>gets accepted into a ridiculously nice private high school for liberal arts for pretty much just being a resident and being Indian
>the school he went to accepts 2.8% of the applicants by the way so how nice it? that nice
>goes to a hipster college on a scholarship for being Indian
>gets literally everything he wants because he's Indian
>still has the gall to complain about how he gets "treated" even though he had a silver spoon in his mouth all his life
>meets a hipster kid with good connections named Victor Vazquez who was apart of a buzzband
>they open for MGMT all the time
>Victors band, Boy Crisis breaks up
>they both graduate and Heems works in wall street due to his fathers connections alone
>they make music as a "joke" and blow up through their millions of connections, nepotism and not really putting in any effort to do anything at all
>Das Racist's Pizza Hut and Taco Bell song blows up
>most of their live shows consist of them being late on purpose, being high off their ass on purpose and just being annoying on purpose as apart of their hipster "joke"
>act is if they are the saviors of hip-hop
>Heems gets addicted to heroin
>steals money from Victor and their friend Ashok who is also in the band to fund his addiction and to start a label called Greedhead records
>steals from his friends that he signed to Greedhead records
>has the nerve to call the people on his label "ungrateful" just because their music sucks and no gives a fuck about them
>he's only complaining that they aren't paying him
>Das Racist breaks up because of him being a drama queen and a drug addict and a literal thief
>Heems himself is extremely racist towards white people
>has tried to rape numerous girls
>has over 100k tweets of him essentially complaining and bashing white people
there's more but I'm tired of it
fuck Heems
>>
>>63340561
>BUT NOW THEY ALL LOOKING AT US DIFFERENT
>THEY LOOKING AT US DIFFERENT
>YO, WHY THEY LOOKING AT US DIFFERENT
>>
>ctrl + f dave mustaine
>zero results

what is wrong with you all? one of the cockiest pieces of shit out there, include him OP
>>
>>63340080
>>63340665
>>
>>63339968
go to bed laura
>>
>>63340679
oh, right. good that I wasn't the only one thinking of him then
>>
>>63338285
>implying kanye is an asshole
>>
>>63339979

He also had a solid connection with the italian mob.
>>
I love MF Doom but he seems like a dick for not showing up to his his own concerts. Maybe its part of his villainous image.
>>
>>63340762
No, he's just been a lazy asshole since the mid 2000s.
>>
>>63339919
Don't forget the inherent hypocrisy of Imagine.

Lennon was a terrible piece of shit person, and a slighty-above-average musician.
>>
>>63338285
Jeff Tweedy of Wilco.

Look up his previous history with Jay Farrar and Uncle Tupelo, as well as his relationship with Jay Bennett.
>>
>>63340080
Made me think of Yngwie Malmsteen.

"You unleashed the fookin fureh!"
>>
>>63339663
you're a faggot for putting henry up there
>>
varg killed euronymous
>>
Axl Rose was a fussy bitch
>>
>>63341003
fuck off henry go to bed

>>63341022
he had it coming
>>
>>63339979
That was the national sport back in the day.
>>
John Lennon(wifebeater and handicap making funner offer)
Morrissey (said the mass killings in utoya were minor compared to the atrocities committed by mcdonalds every day, like two days after the shit went down)
Kurt Cobain (sexually molested a retarded girl in his teens, according to "heavier than heaven" a biography based on Kurt's diaries in part)
Eazy-E (fucked over his friends and ruined NWA, had 9 children with 8 women. Fucked so many women he got aids. Probably infected some of them with aids since he didn't get diagnosed with it until he was on the last stages)
Iggy Pop (Definitely did something horrible in his life)
Joanna Newsom (married a jew)
>>
>>63338285
Charles Mingus was an angry asshole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Mingus#Personality_and_temper
>>
>>63338285

Dave Grohl
>>
>>63341301
nirvana era tho hes pretty reddit now
>>
thurston
>>
>>63341358
>dumping kim

how can one man be so fucking braindead?
>>
>>63341148
I know of Iggy leaving groupies stranded at airports but that's it
>>
>>63341358
this
Kim is such an admirable woman. I understand that she probably didn't wanna fuck him anymore but still
>>
>>63341148
>Kurt Cobain (sexually molested a retarded girl in his teens, according to "heavier than heaven" a biography based on Kurt's diaries in part)
What? That was consensual you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>63341358
Thurston is based. When will "everyone needs to be cool with nardwuar" meme end? And Kim looks like an Iggy Pops corpse
>>
>>63341301
At this point he seems pretty humble honestly. Watch any recent interview with the guy. He's seems fine.
>>
>>63340438
Lmao. Blur literally bullied Narduar and tried to physically intimidate him because they're too beta to bully anyone else (namely the bass player).

Flash back to that Rollins interview where he physically threatened that hipster kid for being a trendy faggot despite being a trendy faggot himself.
>>
>>63341497
Links to either of those pls
>>
Just tape a mirror to a piece of cardboard and shit on it during class you fucking dork
>>
anthony keidas tried to blacklist mike patton/faith no more from the music industry because he said mike patton copied his vocal style (which patton was known to do before keidas was active)
>>
>>63339470
Emptiness is loneliness and
loneliness is cleanliness and
cleanliness is godliness
and god is empty
just like me
>>
>>63339246
im picking lauren for what she's done to brandon
>>
>>63339495
>Donating maybe a 10th at most of his net worth
>spends more time talking about it than actually doing it
Yeah actually
>>
File: 1457486798320.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
1457486798320.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>63339697
>>
>>63341022
>varg killed euronymous

Yep, but Euronymous was probably the biggest asshole of the two.
>>
>>63341375

He also used to fuck a 11 yo groupie.
>>
That douchebag from arctic monkeys I can't stand his fucking face
>>
>>63341522
Narduar:

https://youtu.be/AkNvk2MgiCc

Hipster kid:

https://youtu.be/8HGb7yo4SFM
>>
File: Hopsinfaggotry2.png (287 KB, 1186x1173) Image search: [Google]
Hopsinfaggotry2.png
287 KB, 1186x1173
>>63338568
>>
>>63342068
this made me very upset

THIS MADE ME VERY UPSET.
>>
>>63341371
she dumped him
>>
>>63341022
Euronymous deserved that shit.
The only thing that Varg can be called a real douche for is burning down all those churches.
>>
File: charles manson.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
charles manson.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
Charles Manson was a musician, I win.
>>
>>63338401
DEAD MOW FIVE
>>
File: lowkey goth.jpg (84 KB, 540x439) Image search: [Google]
lowkey goth.jpg
84 KB, 540x439
>>
>>63338319

go to bed robert
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.