[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /mu/, I'm 31. My significant other is 28. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: sexism-youredm[1].jpg (101 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
sexism-youredm[1].jpg
101 KB, 600x800
Hi /mu/,
I'm 31. My significant other is 28. I've been listening to electronic music since I was about 10, and now that I have some money lying around, I've been going to a show or two, mostly drum and bass where other people there are also old and embittered like me. Anyway, to make a long story short I took said S.O. to Sun and Bass last year, it was her first festival and first real foray into electronica. Needless to say in spite of our advanced age a festival full of happy people on the beach is always going to be a win. Since then I rolled her for the first time and we fucked for about 4 hours while odesza and friends played in the background, and now shes hooked.

The problem is now she wants to drag me around to other festivals. Presently Mysteryland is what has been mentioned. The only acts I'd care about there would be Odesza and John Digweed among a few others, but Skrillex is the headline on Saturday and that sounds awful.

I'm here mostly to gauge responses from people who have been to Mysteryland or know someone who has and can report. I feel like it's going to be packed with 16 year old tight as fuck neon raver girls who I'm not allowed to fuck, music that I'm mostly 'meh' on, and I can't dismiss the fact that a camping package for the weekend is $800+... I'm also a bit unsure of when you cross that terrible line into 'that old guy at the festival' territory, but I think I have some time left yet.

Any opinions/feedback?
>>
>>63332909
>"I'll pass, the line up looks shit. you have fun though"

would that really be so hard?

is that what relationships are like? trapped in engagements you wont enjoy? I havent had a gf since I was a teenager
>>
>>63332909
fuck off
>>
>>63332943
you do shit together so yeah, basically

>>63332909
>I rolled her for the first time
does this mean mdma? weird phrasing
>>
> I feel like it's going to be packed with 16 year old tight as fuck neon raver girls who I'm not allowed to fuck
thats every major edm festival atm. you can't escape it. idk if you really wanna spoil ur S/O sure why not. but don't expect a good time. I went to edc last was shit m8

>I'm also a bit unsure of when you cross that terrible line into 'that old guy at the festival' territory
nah you're good ik guys in their 40's fucking 18 yrs old because he gives them free weed and "spiritual advice"
anyway I stopped caring abt edm last couple months shits become a commercial product for companies to scam us
>>
>>63332943
Oh, not really. It's not bad, I'm trying to figure out if it's shit or not. I can tell her what I like in all honesty, but if it's a decent festival then the line-up isn't the most important thing on earth.
>>
>>63332993
I've heard bad things about EDC. The only real 'edm' fest I've been to was winter music conference. I usually tend to the weirder stuff instead of just straight house, but if the vibe at ML is good I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>63332993
>shits become a commercial product for companies to scam us

How is this any different than years and years ago when it was """underground""" except it was almost exclusively drug pushers and mobsters running this shit? If anything they're still running a racket in this.
>>
>>63332909
i dont think this old guy at the festival stereotype exists desu, festivals always drag in a shitload of diffrent people
>>
who would shag these slags?
>>
>>63334236
Well thanks. I'll keep that in mind. At least now I can afford champagne.
>>
>>63332909
>that old guy at the festival
unless you're a fatty, nobody gives a shit about 31
>>
>that old guy at the festival

you're freakin 30 years old you're probably smack dab in the middle of the age range. Only time where'd you'd probably be considered "old" is at warped tour because the average age there is 12
>>
>>63332909
Fuck age, and fuck ageism.
>>
>>63334672
Only with a body condom.
>>
>>63332909
>odesza

man what a veteran of electronic music you are!
>>
>>63335711
Kek
>>
>>63335647
and fuck 16 year olds :DDD
>>
>>63335711
Lmao, this desu
>>
>>63335752
>>
>>63332909
lol just be open minded about the idea you might actually enjoy those acts more than you thought, or that there might be other stuff there you like... Shit you might EVEN like the experience just because it's with your SO bro...

Or try and compromise with a festival thats halfway between your two tastes
>>
why do people use "S.O./significant other"? shit is obnoxious
>>
>>63332909
>I'm 31 with the music taste of a 14 year old

I found the real problem, OP. John Digweed? Really? Time to grow up
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 640x426
Save some cash, go to Labrynth in Japan. Only festival worth a damn
>>
do it for the pussy man
>>
>>63336363
Digweed has been a favorite of mine since very early on. It's easy to write off his house sets as generic trash I guess, I haven't listened to anything from the last few years. But Northern Exposure is just gold... Still gives me the chills.
>>
File: 41FQCE0XGQL[1].jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41FQCE0XGQL[1].jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>63338014
For perspective, these are sort of relics I guess. Super duper good though, I'm genuinely curious what digweed is up to.
Wasn't vaunting Odesza as a bulwark of electronica or anything, but they're fun and ole girl likes em.

Anyway, if you haven't heard some earlier sasha+digweed stuff, you're missing out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaY3spCDdpY
especially this intro cut of believe by gusgus, another one to czech out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvFJXUUEqaA
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.