[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pitchfork actually even relevant anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Pitchfork-Logo-small1.jpg (47 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork-Logo-small1.jpg
47 KB, 320x220
Is Pitchfork actually even relevant anymore?
>>
>>63329568
Teen white girls read it
>>
>>63329568
No, the hipster fad is long dead and pitchfork is clasping at its last strands of relevancy.
>>
>>63329568
hardly, but for some reason /mu/ can't seem to shut the fuck up about them
>>
>>63329568

not after their new layout senpai
>>
They haven't been relevent since they started rating hip-hop albums from the 00s & 10s anything above a 4.
New website layout is cool though, design is cool.
>>
It still affects /mu/ culture however much we all deny it, and 4chan culture in general has a tendence to trickle down through reddit, tumblr and other internet subcultures, and ultimately to Facebook, where it gets picked up by IRL "alternative" types, so I'd stay it still has a fair bit of influence.

For evidence of this, just look how popular things like Death Grips, Mac DeMarco and vaporwave have become nowadays.
>>
>>63329568
No because of the new shitty design
>>
As long as people like you keep posting and talking about it, I guess so.
>>
File: ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png (55 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png
55 KB, 209x204
>>63329568
The crazy thing is now Pitchfork are even more fucked up because of the redesign, and Fantano is too concerned with memes and political rants to be interested in music, Scaruffi is the best /mu/core critic.
I may disagree with him a lot, but at least he has a large range.
>>
>>63329568
>they now review people like Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsin
>none of the last few BNM's they've given have significantly improved the respective artist's career
>they haven't single-handedly created a buzzband in a while

They're done.
>>
>>63329568
unfortunately faggots here are still brainwashed by them
>>
File: 1456193588806.jpg (65 KB, 590x581) Image search: [Google]
1456193588806.jpg
65 KB, 590x581
>>63329568
It's the new go to music site for young black males. White guilt cucks say they read it to look cool. Beyond that, they are irrelevant.
>>
>>63329876
Deafheaven was created two years ago tho
>>
>>63329601
Look at their headlines, they don't even care about music anymore.
>>
it won't ever die as long as kids on this board (vast majority) are idiots and don't know how to venture or think for themselves
>>
you chucklefucks never shut up about it, so it is relevant
>>
>>63329658
le dadrap faec
>>
it's a shame TMT is too caught up in their "GUITAR MUSIC IS DEAD" shit otherwise they would easily be the best music site
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.