[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: flatbush3001 A Laced Odyssey.png (975 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
flatbush3001 A Laced Odyssey.png
975 KB, 740x740
First thoughts?
>>
I wish they would've made it more psychedelic given how often they talk about taking LSD. At least they have interesting character.
>>
do we really need a thread about this boring-ass group every day

I haven't even listened to the fuckin record but I already know what to expect

>Meech and Erick flow well but have nothing AT ALL to say
>Erick's production is tight and polished, well made beats, but ultimately boring and safe, just uninventive derivative shit
>no clever punchlines or other effective turn up shit, no intelligent observations, no deep introspection, etc etc just retarded semi-literate weedrap and MUH THIRD EYE trash
>Juice further proves himself one of the worst rappers in modern hip hop

fuck FBZ and their oblivious hypebeast fans
>>
>>63329110
Fantano reviewed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZzjXiRUDHw
>>
>>63329110
Great debut, tour's gonna be lit.

I really don't understand how this board can jerkin off Kanye and Death Grips and not enjoy Flatbush. It has all the best parts of rap, with a fun producer who'd manage one he'll of a solo career but enjoys fucking around with his fairly skilled rapper friends.
>>
I liked it. It wasn't quite the masterpiece that I wanted but I'm sure I'll be returning to it.
It's an 8.1 for me.
>>
>>63329270
sadly this. too fucking bland, really disapointing
>>
>>63329110
I listened to it yesterday on my way to work honestly I feel like Erick spits way more than on the other albums however I didnĀ“t feel no deep or dark lyrics. Good album doe, but not the best.
>Bouce and Your Favorite Rap Song was lit

Better Off Dead > D.R.U.G.S. > 3001
>>
>>63330163
they have the best parts of nothing. with the exception of Juice being remarkably bad, everything about the group is as stereotypical and milquetoast as hip hop can get.
>>
MY THIRD EYE INDIGO
beast coast is garbage sad to say fucking joey badass is the only good rapper
>>
>>63331507
Wiki shits all over any boring boombap loser
>>
The last song was awesome, other than that the project as whole was pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>63331464
objectively wrong tho
>>
>>63333196
are you going actually refute what I'm saying or just go "NUH-UH"? There's nothing unique or even exceptional in execution about what they do.
>>
To be honest on first listen I did find myself dozing through their interludes waiting for the songs to kick off again but overall I definitely enjoyed it.

I'd put a lot of my enjoyment of this album to me liking the group and doing drugs a lot so just hearing them drop lines about how they did drugs kept me interested.

So pretty much I degenerated it into an 8/10 for myself.

Hearing other people talk about it really makes me see it from a different perspective other than "MAH ASSEEED MA WEED TRIPPIN ON ELLESSDEE"
>>
>>63329270
snorted in amusement
solid observation
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
>>63329110
BOD was better but it was good, just wish it would have been more inventive for a group that works with The Underachievers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.