[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Sounds 2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: brick.jpg (313 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
brick.jpg
313 KB, 1500x1500
Pet Sounds 2.0
>>
You're correct, but they kinda fucked it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (639 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
639 KB, 1440x1440
>>
>>63326817
>>63326956
Comparing lush, orchestral and at times symphonic pop with a bunch of electronic bleeps and farts made by eternal teenage manchildren.
>>
>>63327319
butthurt much?
>>
>>63327319
Should have put a meme arrow in there
>>
>>63327319
Haha the irony here
>>
Pet Sounds is good tho
>>
>>63327334
No but it's a dumb comparison.

>there's vocal harmonies so it must be Pet Sounds 2.0!
>>
The problem with the album is that it has a track order, though the name could have told you it's not a necessary sequence for these songs.
All these tracks feel interchangeable to each other, entirely unlike the last album.
>>
File: Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png (215 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png
215 KB, 1500x1500
>>63326817
>>63326956
Both wrong
>>
>>63327486
I find myself having a much better time when I feel like coming back to a specific song.
Going through the whole thing just makes it all go over my head.
>>
>>63326817
I don't remember The Beach Boys making music that sounded as obnoxious as this album.
>>
>>63326817
can people stop comparing anco to the beach boys? they sound nothing alike. Closest thing was MPP and still quite a ways off.
>>
>>63327653
yes
>>
>>63327367
If that's why people were claiming that they'd also be saying it for a fuckton of other albums
>>
>>63328485
What are the similarities between the albums that are prompting people to make the comparison then?
>>
>>63328631
It's a combination of the vocal harmonizing and effects with the instrumentals just having a really Beach Boys-ey feel desu, most of the samples he uses just have a really old, warm, summery and occasionally beach-ey feel to them that are really reminiscent of the band, at least to me. Bros demonstrates that the best imo, it's pretty much pure neo-Beach Boys
>>
I w never heard such a stupid analogy. Can someone explain the connection? Beside the fact that they both have vocal harmonies.

This is coming from a huge ac fan whose favorite album is MPP.
Saying this album is pet sounds 2 is retarded. It doesn't have the emotional or songwriting depth or complexity.
>>
>>63327319
upboated
>>
>>63326817
nice thread

>>63328856
except for the fact that reddit loves animal collective
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.