[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did all four Beatles offically take LSD? All the anecdotal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: MI0003995354.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003995354.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
When did all four Beatles offically take LSD? All the anecdotal stories online aren't accurate apparently

I thought it was AFTER sgt pepper, that paul was the last one to try it, and Mystery Tour was their collaberative effort to emulate the experperiences.

But people tell me it was Revolver or Sgt Pepper, etc

Revoler and Sgt Pepper dont even feel like acid records, while MMT is very weird and feelds more unpredictable like an acid trip, just m opinion
>>
DUDE LSD LMAO

who fucking cares
>>
>>63326572
George and John first either right before or during the recording of Revolver. Paul did before recording Sgt. Peppers. Ringo always pretended to drop with them but hid the doses in his big pink Sgt. Pepper pocket.
>>
>>63326720
how did paul take it before sgt pepper, if what he said was even remotely true about him taking it after the recording of getting better, which was recorded in march, two months before its release?
>>
>>63326572
John and George had taken it by early 1965.
>>
After they were done with Help!
>>
They never took LSD

They are LSD
>>
>>63328050
no that was weed, and that was with bob dylan, and that was like during the filming
>>
>>63329342
No, the weed started around Beatles for Sale
>>
>ITT: Spewing misinformation and differing viewpoints with no factual support.
>>
>>63329506
The Beatles smoked weed with Dylan on 28 August, 1964 but Harrison admitted to The Beatles smoking it before, but not getting high.

Harrison and Lennon took it in mid 1965, according to them, and had LSD parties fairly often after. McCartney didn't admit to dropping it until 1967.

There's your information faggot
>>
>>63329599
I knew that already but was stating that this thread is ridiculous.
>>
Watch The Beatles Anthology and all will be revealed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAEEiqcbkg
Here
>>
>>63326720
i wonder who owns that jacket now its probably still full of high grade owsley acid
>>
>>63326804
John said they'd all taken it by the end of making Revolver
>>
>>63326804
>if what he said was even remotely true about him taking it after the recording of getting better
Are you thinking of John?
>>
>>63326572
>The Beatles
>very weird
>unpredictable
K e K
>>
>>63326572
I believe John and George's dentist spiked their coffee with LSD a good while before Revolver. Can't remember the exact date

Source: Huge fuck off Beatles biography
>>
>>63331748
>dentist

I've heard this story too, but the dentist part has to be some in-joke from the trip or something.
>>
>>63326572
>I thought it was AFTER sgt pepper, that paul was the last one to try it, and Mystery Tour was their collaberative effort to emulate the experperiences.
No. Half of the Magical Mystery Tour album was just simply the soundtrack to film they were making. The other half were random singles they recorded before and after Sgt. pepper.

They weren't intending anything other than making a soundtrack album or EP, depending on your country.
>>
>>63331611
nope, wrong
>>63331668
nope, im not

paul recounts taking LSD after john lennon accidently dosed while recording getting better. he drove john lennon to where he was staying and then he took some himself, and the two stayed up all night bullshitting

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1965/08/24/lsd-los-angeles-byrds-peter-fonda/

somehwere on that link, its verified

also, that was way after revolver and near the end of the sgt pepper sessions (getting better was recorded in march, and sgt pepper was released in june)
>>
>>63331839
yeah, thats how the album was assembled but the idea was to encapsulate the LSD experiece

when writing the song 'magical mystery tour' the jumping off point for the film, paul simply said he was trying to recreate the feeling or make a song dedicate to it

if you've ever taken acid, its a 'magical' mysterious journey, in not so many words
>>
>>63328426
Damn.
>>
All of this is answered in the Anthology and Here, There and Everywhere.

John and George took it with a dentist first. He spiked their tea with it, so John and George's first trips were accidental. This was during the Rubber Soul era if I remember correctly. It was definitely before Revolver.

Paul's first trip was in the middle of the Sgt. Pepper sessions. It was at John's house after he'd accidentally dropped and had a bad trip in the studio. It's a really interesting story actually. But it was some time in the middle of Pepper.

I don't remember Ringo's story.
>>
>>63331913
>but the idea was to encapsulate the LSD experiece
[citation needed]
>>
>>63331783
No, apparently their dentist (in LA?) was also a rich socialite and I think it was a casual thing at his house. I think that's what Dr. Robert refers to
>>
>>63332268
>"John and I thought that was a funny idea-- the fantasy doctor who would fix you up by giving you drugs. It was a parody on that idea."
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.