[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the new Brand new album? I know it's somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mt7ak5f1us1rt0581o1_500.jpg (446 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt7ak5f1us1rt0581o1_500.jpg
446 KB, 500x667
Where is the new Brand new album? I know it's somewhere super low key but I'm sure you guys know where it is.
>>
Post your skype I'll send it over
>>
>>63325549
Leaked Demos is on Spot/Tid
>>
>It's been a year since Mene

What the fuck is Jesse's problem? Release it already ya fuckin douche!
>>
>>63325567
I haven't used Skype in years. Is there a link you could send through kik?
>>
>>63325651
Mene was from the TDAG sessions

>>63325613
Leaked Demos is just a remaster of the FOYD tapes everyone has heard to death already and the only song that got significantly changed was Nobody Moves/Cleanser so who gives a shit
>>
>>63325713
>Mene was from the TDAG sessions
Are you serious?
>>
TAKE ME OUT TONIGHT
WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>63325708
Don't be retarded.
>>
>>63325783
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mene_(Brand_New_song)
>>
>>63325713
Sorry, i thought that was the one you were after.
>>
Any luck on finding it anyone? I've been searching everywhere and I haven't come up with anything
>>
>>63326139
I'm not the guy you responded to. Just pointing it out.

I'm glad they officially acknowledged it and all and I snagged one of the first copies but at the end of the day shit's been out there for almost ten years now
>>
>>63326599
To be fair the songs do sound a lot better now.
Also, mene was written at the same time as TD&G but it was recorded recently.
>>
>>63326408
wait did they say they finished an album? I just assumed that Jesse either has terrible writers block or he's trying to make the best album of his career so he can end Brand New on a good note. The fact that they've been touring the same setlist for 6 years is pretty depressing
>>
>>63326779
I know! I saw them right when Daisy released and really haven't missed anything in the past 7 years
>>
>>63326825
What about the fact that they dropped all the best songs from Daisy from the live show because their fans are dumb as shit.
>No In a Jar
>No Noro
>No Bought a Bride
>No Be Gone
Fuck this, I wish they would bring back Welcome to Bangkok, seen them 4 times now. That said, the setlists were all pretty different, after the Discography shows they were playing all sorts of stuff ( http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brand-new/2014/troxy-london-england-43c38faf.html )
On their 'intimate' shows in the UK I caught them in Glasgow, standard set aside from Brothers and Moshi Moshi. Side note, on stage Jesse talked about how small shows were a bit scarier on account of being able to see people being unimpressed, this was immediately after playing mixtape and I had been near the front looking very unimpressed, think I may have bullied Jesse. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brand-new/2015/the-art-school-glasgow-scotland-73c98a0d.html

Then again in London on the most recent tour, probably performance wise the best I've seen them at, You Won't Know closer was fantastic and went one for about 10 minutes, also seeing Play Crack the Sky, Sealed to Me and Soco Amaretto Lime, in the same show was great, also Limousine, which I haven't seen played before was fantastic. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brand-new/2015/alexandra-palace-london-england-33f74099.html

Finally, I saw them on the same tour above, only in Edinburgh where they played Deja Entendu back to front then a selection of songs from TDAG and Mene. Best sound quality of them all, I'd seen King Crimson in that same space only two days beforehand. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brand-new/2015/usher-hall-edinburgh-scotland-5bf487fc.html

Of those, I have the Vinnie's setlist from the Usher hall gig, and the sound guys setlist from the Glasgow show.
>>
>>63327031
>all these commas
Please excuse me, I'm saving all my grammar skills for the essay I'm writing right now.
>>
>>63327031
I've seen them twice and they've played most everything I wanted to hear. I've love to hear Moshi Moshi live and I'd like to hear Quiet Things played more seriously instead of like "can you believe we're playing this?"

Bought a Bride is so killer live. And they finished with You Won't Know once and Jesse just laid on the stage with blasts of feedback for like 5 minutes until they came and carried him off finally. I haven't seen any between album shows at all, only right after Daisy and TDAG were released (I'm old), but I won't miss their next tour with the new album, no matter what I think of the finished product.

I'm jealous of all these shows you saw
>>
>>63327031
They don't play any of those live? What the fuck? Why would anyone not be excited as hell to hear those live.

I hope I can get tickets to see them though. Still checking every day for the Nashville show.
>>
>>63327192
Yeah it's real heartbreak, Be Gone is one of my favourite songs of theirs. Yeah man, its deffo worth getting tickets for them, they do a reat live show.

>>63327190
Moshi Moshi was great fun, you have any of the bootlegged recordings? There's one in which they play it as a closer and it's fantastic, can't recall which right now though.
Yeah the You Won't Know jam outro is just too much fun, everyone else seemed a bit perturbed by the London one, full on feedback sonic wankery, Jesse put his guitar up against the amp, fucked with his pedals for like 5 minutes then picked the guitar up and started playing again when it was clear the jam wasn't winding down. Yeah, I'm hoping to see at least 2 shows next time they're in the UK (family home is in Edinburgh, I'm at uni in Bristol and my siblings are in London so I can hit any of those three+glasgow).

Very hyped for the new album now, what did people think of Jesse's Bad Day cover? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2XyOqWmxs REM were the first concert I ever went to, and this was one of my first favourite songs big fan of his version.
>>
>>63327327
I haven't heard that closer Moshi Moshi. The acoustic version of it for whatever radio station is one of my top favorite Brand New songs though. I don't super love the long Sonic Youth noiseblasts they do live, but I don't hate it. It definitely doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show. You're right about Welcome to Bangkok. That's a premeditated blast of sound people would love to hear and maybe it would help get that out of their system.

I am in love with the REM cover. He does a great job and it's such a great song to begin with. Couldn't ask for anything more
>>
>>63327563
https://docs.google.com/a/my.bristol.ac.uk/spreadsheets/d/1mrUe1a2oKJE7WhajXqpCboPvftWtFyhqKGobBnhOG-c/edit?usp=sharing#gid=1

Get hyped on that, it's a pretty good guide, I wouldn't bother with anything that isn't soundboard though. Brubaker Messiah College 2011 is the one with moshi Moshi closer.

I'm always game for the noisey bits, feels nicely cathartic, but it would probably be better just to play Welcome to Bangkok before it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.