[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about the Gorillaz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: stockphoto.jpg (119 KB, 955x535) Image search: [Google]
stockphoto.jpg
119 KB, 955x535
>>
>>63321882
Plastic Beach>D-Sides>Demon Days. DD is great but madly overrated, probably because nostalgia.

I think if Damon wasn't so impatient and scared of commitment, the whole Gorillaz story would have been more cohesive.
>>
>>63321882
*le sigh
A bunch of edgy looking aliens
>>
Overrated little white kid rap. A bad side project.

Damon should stop doing this shit and just stick to Blur. Outside of their major singles their albums are boring.
>>
>>63321882
good pop music
better than mainstream pop at the time (and most acts of today) but most underground/less known artists within the genres the project covered tend to be much better in their respective genres
still a good starting point for someone getting into music and most of their singles are legitimately great pop songs that are really catchy

Plastic Beach is a great, consistent pop record though, even if it does multiple styles of pop and relies on the guest features a lot (although that was probably the point of Gorillaz from the beginning).

Full DoYaThing is still the best song from the project btw.

DoYaThing > Plastic Beach > D-Sides > Demon Days > Gorillaz > G-Sides
>>
Blur is so much better.
>>
>>63322134

except blur is completely different in every way. (except for damon)

you really can't compare them
>>
>>63322045
>overrated little white kid rap

Don't talk shit about Del The Funky Homosapien, It's obvious you don't know shit about rap.
>>
>>63322155
I think some songs on 13 and definitely Think Tank sound similar to Gorillaz. Crazy Beat feels like it could slot in on d-sides.
>>
>>63322299
Crazy Beat was also some mess that Fat Boy Slim produced, hence the similarity
>>
>>63322285
I'm not talking about the fucking rappers guesting on the albums. I'm talking about the target audience of the group in general
>>
I love them. I love how each album is completely different from the last, and I'm excited to see what Damon does after 6 years. Also Plastic Beach best album.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.