[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has noise died on /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
So has noise died on /mu/?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79bWoxvU1Bk
>>
>>63320847
one can only hope
>>
>>63320847
Noise is a pretty boring genre anyway.
It's music made by people not talented enough to do anything else. Not like I am.
>>
>>63320863
Another quality post from the waifufag on suicide watch.
>>
what is a cheap way of doing it?
>>
>>63321538
>download audacity
>import an application file as raw data
>>
>>63320847
>Implying it was ever alive
>>
>>63320863
THIS, where I'm from there is a local noise scene riddled with ADHD drug addicts too stupid to even play in punk bands.
>>
>>63321538
just record yourself wanking
>>
>>63320863
Said by everyone who doesn't actually know anything about noise. It still takes talented production, composition, conceptual merit, and talent and know how in using audio equipment to make good noise. Those who say otherwise are either ignorant of this, or biased toward structural based music.
>>
>>63323176
My cousin...
>>
>>63320847
>tfw want to start /noise/ general when none in the catalog
>know nothing about upcoming releases or my local noise scene
>would just post the same noise tracks posted countless times before
>>
noise is 2edgy4me
>>
>>63323176
I make great sounds all the time
>>
Listening to Utsuroi by Kazuma Kubota atm, it's really good famalam
>>
>>63324005
Really great release
>>
>>63323176
>It still takes talented production, composition, conceptual merit, and talent and know how in using audio equipment to make good noise.
And yet, tens of releases appear daily featuring none of the attributes you mention. The scene is full of beta-boy shitheads who otherwise would be into brostep. If you've been to a noise show in the last 4 or 5 years, you know what I'm saying is true. There's a glut and most of it is crap.
>>
>>63323332
Then discuss something other than the tracks themselves. There is a severe lack of discussion of concept, ideas, and imagery in these threads. Hospital Productions' output alone has threads worth of potential in discussing these elements.
>>
>>63324506
This is a criticism that applies to pretty much every music scene.
>>
>>63324661
Exactly. If we are being honest, the bulk of criticism of noise comes from the incorrect assumption that as a medium in general it takes no talent to make, which was the point that original post was trying to make.
>>
>>63324646
Fair enough. I'll post with some content next time.
>>
>>63324646
>Hospital Productions' output alone has threads worth of potential in discussing these elements.
Not really. It's not 2008 anymore.
>>
>>63321698

I just did this. How do I get signed to a label?
>>
>>63324646
When I first started listening to noise, when I started making noise, very often I'd be reaching for the uppermost, extreme catharsis. This holds true for some types of metal too, but I feel like noise is particularly good at achieving this.

The reason I like IAALOBO so much is because it was the first noise act that made me think of noise differently. It sort of changed the aesthetic from being about rage to being about sound-obscured, like a blue sky obscured by a canopy of trees, and how beautiful that can be.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 940x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 940x306
>>63320847
/noise/ is just in a coma atm.
>>
Anyone got any good noise compilations to recommend? Preferably japanese.
>>
>>63326801
The Artificial Nerve
Density 100 pts I and II
Journey Into Pain
Garbage Sandwich
Helter Skelter
really all the Beast 666 comps
>>
>>63321698
>Watch a Frank Javcee video on "How To Do Noise".
>>
I got bored of HNW and got more into Power Electronics. I tried talking about here about that but most people are into HNW, so I gave up.
>>
>>63327115
What is "HNW"?
>>
>>63326801
le pink meme square
>>
>>63320847
Pretty much. The hip hop retards are less receptive than the indiefags
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.