[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The budget Rihanna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.jpg (27 KB, 418x352) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
27 KB, 418x352
Someone I live with constantly listens to Sia and it gets on my nerves, Sia is not a good singer. She screeches and passes it off as "emotion", her persona is nothing new and played out anyway, and most of what sounds good is her production, not her.
>>
you're saying the new rihanna is better than the new sia?

challenge accepted
>>
>>63319955
No I'm basically just saying Sia is shit and people probably thought Chandelier was made by Rihanna
>>
>>63319964
>people probably thought Chandelier was made by Rihanna
what in the fuck

k
>>
jezz talk about backing off quick

guess i wont worry about the new rihanna then

since what I heard sounded like fucking shit anyways and bonus track goodnight gotham is literally one of the worst songs of the year so far
>>
>>63319947
I actually like Sia's voice, and I usually hate top 40s pop.

I don't even know why.
>>
>>63319964
??? ???
>>
Rihanna is a poor mans Maria Carey
Mariah is a poor mans Minnie Riperton
>>
Sia makes good pop desu
>>
>>63319947
k

on the real though, i give zero shits about rhianna and dig the shit out of Sia. On top of that those screeches are in tune so i don't see the problem there. Also to me, as an adult, don't give two shits about persona. Musics good. Not high tier art mind you, but good background tunes.
>>
anyone else first heard sia when six feet under ended?
:'(
>>
>>63321902
this was my very first introduction and I was immediately hooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILTZ8qZbNK0
>>
She's a fantastic singer, with beautiful vocal color/character. And she's a solid songwriter, which is why she's capably written so many major hits for other artists (not saying their success marks their quality, but it just happens that she can toe the line very well).
>>
>>63321914
ah yeah, that was 10 years later ;)
>>
File: isaac-brock[1].jpg (20 KB, 240x282) Image search: [Google]
isaac-brock[1].jpg
20 KB, 240x282
Someone I live with constantly listens to Modest Mouse and it gets on my nerves, Isaac Brock is not a good singer. He screeches and passes it off as "emotion", his persona is nothing new and played out anyway, and most of what sounds good is their production, not him
>>
>>63321954
Has it been really cool to follow her career? I think its been fun just between that and her new one so I can only imagine ten years.
>>
>>63321914
thats cute but fuck i hate pop culture
>>
>>63321887
It's actually more childish and naive to think that persona is not important. How is the look of an artist, fashion style, opinions, etc... don't effect their art? Obviously there's a big connection and you should always cared about the persona of artists you really like. As funny as it sounds music is more than just music because background informatino is so important.
>>
>>63319947
Rihanna is actually the budget Sia

but they're both pretty boring honestly
>>
>>63319947
>Sia is not a good singer.

>implying artistical stuff is the point of sia

she is not making music because of art
>>
>>63319947
I really don't know why but i always felt she was so bland. Her songs always have the same production, uses Autotube which makes me wanna throw up, and her videos with the cute little girl is so obnoxious and done a million times before its boring.

Really dont get the hype.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7IBLhK-ENA
>>
>>63319964
I mean I did
>>
>>63324350
same as me
>>
>>63319947
i just having to look at her ugly fucking face
>>
>>63319947
looks like a fuckin lunchlady
>>
>>63324536

>d'ya want chippies wit ya fish fingies
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.