[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is /mu/ still okay with Sigur Ros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: sr.png (630 KB, 930x930) Image search: [Google]
sr.png
630 KB, 930x930
is /mu/ still okay with Sigur Ros?
>>
Everyone likes Olsen Olsen.
>>
I think they're ok
>>
>>63319887
They're really bland IMO. Many of their melodies are campy as shit and they try too hard to be "dude ethereal floaty space lmao". I'm a huge post-rock fan but they don't appeal to me
>>
>>63319887
ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................ITS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH.........................
>>
>>63320030
>campy as shit

You don't know what "campy" means.

>I'm a huge post-rock fan but they don't appeal to me

Honestly, that's more an indictment of your taste. Post-rock is an awful genre overall.
>>
i like that track with the name i can't remember how to write
>>
My issue with Sigur Ros is and always will be their fans. Worst fans ever, with the exception of GYBE and Kanye.
>>
Valtari is their best album
>>
Really good live band. Kinda boring for sure.
>>
>>63320319
Trying waaaaay too hard
>>
They are firmly in the Icelandic Elf Trifecta, along with Bjork and Mum.
>>
>>63320299
t. Butthurt Sigur Ros fan

Good job, you've once again confirmed for everyone that Sigur Ros fans are autistic retards
>>
post-rock is the most pointless genre ever
are you such a rockist that you can only listen to classical if it's rock?
>>
>>63320378
There are post-rock pieces that are better than some classical pieces and there are classical pieces that are better than classical pieces.
Are you such a pretentious "elitist" that you can't listen to music if it includes non-classical instruments?
>>
>>63320413
Oops I fucked up. Classical pieces that are better than post-rock pieces*
>>
>>63320366
I don't even care for Sigur Ros that much, but nice desperate assumptions.
>>
>>63320338
Sorry, pitchfork
>>
>>63320378
Post-rock and classical have very little in common, dude, other than dynamics (and even then, not really).
>>
>>63320460
Do you think referencing your contra-pitchfork-ness makes you LESS of a tryhard?
>>
>>63320469
>>
>>63319887
i really like this new anonymous guise you've taken montie, it's much more in line with your worth.
>>
>>63320452
Wow good job you sure showed me
Here's your reddit gold
>>63320378
>post-rock and classical are the same thing
Lemme guess, you've only ever listened to GYBE (who are a fantastic group by the way, but in no way do they represent the entire genre).
>>
>>63320493
>Here's your reddit gold

>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1024x1024
>>63320515
>Wow good job you sure showed me

>>
>>63320527
>>Wow good job you sure showed me

>Wow good job you sure showed me

Wow great job
>>
>>63320551
>>>63320527 (You)
>>>Wow good job you sure showed me
>>Wow good job you sure showed me
>Wow great job
Wow good work
>>
>>63320562
You're showing me everything. You're just laying it all out there for me. Wow.
>>
>>63320609
Woah man you're opening my eyes. You're helping me to see everything. Nice job
>>
>>63320626
Just wow. Look at what you're showing me right now, look at it. You're really showing me some crazy stuff right now! What extremes! Where is God??! Good work, friendo
>>
>>63319887
I'm a MGTOW PUA and a proponent of a world White Christian Empire ruled by the Pope. Not SJW francis, I mean a real traditional pope ya know. Also blacks were better off under slavery
>>
>>63320310
this is a new one. in my experience sigur ros fans have been nice people who genuinely enjoy their music
>>
>>63320665
Wow
>>
>>63320665
Cool but reminder Iceland doesn't believe in Jesus, they believe in elves.
>>
>>63320656
Holy shit man this is crazy, I can see everything now. You're opening up my mind and I understand the world now. Absolutely mad. Fantastic job, m8.
>>
>>63319887
/mu/ loves sigur ros
>>
Jesus fucking christ these people who don't like Sigur Ros are real tryhard autists. I've never seen it this bad for a band that literally offends nobody.
>>
>>63320811
>stop disliking what i like
>>
>>63320838
See - tryhard autists with a meme argument
>>
>>63320898
See >>63320838
>>
>>63320898
They're not even the best band in a bland, restrictive genre, get over it
>>
>>63322083
>post-rock is bland and restrictive
m8 what
this is a genre where Spiderland and Laughing Stock are part of it
how the fuck is post-rock restrictive
if anything the definition is way too vague
>>
>>63322143
Yeah this. Stuff from Pram to Swans to GY!BE to Slint to Talking Heads. How can you possibly consider a genre like that "bland and restrictive"?
>>
>>63322166
>talking heads
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>63322182
No, I have no idea what I did there actually. Obviously I meant Talk Talk. I'm sorry, I'm really tired
>>
>>63322143
>mfw plebs dont know the difference between glorious 1st/2nd wave post-rock and shitty contrived 3rd wave
>>
>>63320319
objectively wrong
>>
>>63322323
But they are all still, by definition, post-rock. What was the point of this post?
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 78x103) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 78x103
>>63322359
>third wave is by definition post-rock
>>
>>63322372
Waves literally describe the era and current fads inside given genres. Third wave post-rock is still post-rock, whether you like it or not.

(I don't even listen to third wave stuff like almost at all. Doesn't change the fact that you're retarded=
>>
>>63322414
Wow you sure know absolutely nothing about the genre, it's origins and why third wave isn't considered post-rock.

In the first place post-rock refers to rock music that focuses on texture and timbre over melodies and riffs. The songs structures are generally quite unorthodox and extended technique is not uncommon.
Can you show me a third wave band that does any of that? That's all the entire wave is, repeating the same melody to create a crescendo. There is nothing post-rock about that
>>
I love all of Agaetis, the first 4 tracks on ( ), Hopipolla and Saeglopur

Which I guess is another way of saying I'm a casual fan of em, yea
>>
>>63322456
>Can you show me a third wave band that does any of that?
No, because I don't listen to third wave post-rock.
> That's all the entire wave is, repeating the same melody to create a crescendo. There is nothing post-rock about that

But I can tell that you don't either since you think that literally the whole movement is the same thing.

I never said that I liked third wave post-rock, and I'm just saying that eventhough you don't personally enjoy it doesn't change the fucking genre dude. Get over yourself
>>
>>63320249
>
>>
( ) > Kveikur > Takk... > Ágætis byrjun > Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust > Valtari > haven't ever heard Von
>>
>>63322539
Ágætis byrjun > Kveikur > Valtari

rest is shit
>>
>>63322498
>third wave isn't all the same thing
Why are you even commenting on a genre you've never even listened to?
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>63322573
They're all post rock and are considered Post-rock you fucking wasteman.

Give me one example of a third wave Post-rock band not considered widely to be Post-rock
>>
>>63320378
I still don't get how SR are post-rock. They're literally the only band of their genre whose songs are verse-chorus-verse-chorus (except in Brackets and Valtari)
>>
>>63322603
why are you arguing with some autistic dude. 3rd wave is what made the genre popular and worth listening to. keep the 1st and 2nd wave acts in the 90s where they belong.
>>
>>63322639
>verse-chorus-verse-chorus
you're a fucking retard and you've never listened to Kveikur, ( ), or Takk
>>
>>63322641
>why am I arguing with someone who spouts shit opinions as facts
to prove him wrong and humiliate him, and to get him to leave the thread
>>
>>63322603
Wow you're definitely using points and arguments here and totally not using bad buzzwords.
Try again later when you figure out how to present an argument properly.
>>63322641
>>>/r/music
Go back where you came from
>>63322668
lmao cute
>>
>>63322763
Name one buzzword I used in my argument.
>>
>>63322641
this is the stupidest thing i've heard all day and i work in a special needs nursery
>>
>>63322828
That wasn't the point retard. The point was that you haven't proven anything at all throughout all of your shitposts. Do you not know how to argue or are you just retarded? I think it's both
>>
>>63322841
Oh, I'm a different guy by the way. Sorry for not making that clear.

I'm only arguing that third wave post-rock is still considered post-rock.
>>
>>63322855
Alright, you've presented your argument, now give me your proof
And no, popular consensus is not proof.
>>
>>63322654
I have, you idiot. Takk is the poppiest shit they've ever done, Kveikur is industrial and brackets = ()
>>
>>63322865
>popular consensus is not proof
the argument is that third wave post-rock is REGARDED (by people, ergo popular consensus) as post-rock. Which it is. I will allow you to tell me what you regard as third wave, exclusive from post-rock entirely.

Popular consensus in this context, is ABSOLUTELY proof.
>>
>>63322875
Yeah no it's not
>>
>>63322914
What?

The argument was fucking never about popular consensus. You're bending it in your favor, it was about whether third wave post-rock really should be considered post-rock at all or not. It had nothing to do with whether it was "regarded" to be post-rock by the larger community or not.
>>
>>63322937
Then who else would it be decided by other than the musical community?

I'm not moving goalposts here, I'm just re-affirming the facts
>>
>>63322969
That was the fucking point, retard. We were supposed to state out opinions and why, then dice it out. This is not some sort of fucking official poll or any shit like that. If I win Explosions in the Sky do not stop being considered post-rock, no matter how badly I want that to happen.
>>
>>63322539
I could get behind of this
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.