[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
riot grrrl general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1401x788-BK-2nd-show1.jpg (171 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-BK-2nd-show1.jpg
171 KB, 1401x788
riot grrrl general
>>
dont you have dishes to wash?
>>
not even a femanon and i genuinely believe the riot grrrl stuff was the best thing to happen to punk music
>>
what are some essentials
>>
>>63319560
None of them
>>
>>63319526
Why? They're not even the best girl-bands of punk rock
>>
>>63319573
what are the best girl-punk bands
>>
>>63319579
Throwing Muses
The Slits
Tiger Trap
X-Ray Spex
Mo-Dettes
Au Pairs
Dolly Mixture
etc.

Also Sleater-Kinney, which is arguably a 'riot-grrl' group
>>
>>63319661
Oh, and The fuckin' Raincoats

And Liliput
Bush Tetras

blah blah
>>
>>63319560
Le Tigre
Bikini Kill
Bratmobile
Sleater-Kinney
Hole
Tiger Trap
G.L.O.S.S.
Team Dresch
Babes in Toyland
Heavens to Betsy

All p. much came from Pacific Nothwest. DESU I like riot grrrl even if it tends to get samey at time and it's telling me to go fuck myself. Kathleen Hanna is one of the greatest frontwomen of all time...knows how to handle press, consistently creative, smart, amazing stage performance etc. Main problem with the scene tho is that's it's overly aggressive to women of color and girl bands in the scene that don't identify as riot grrrl...see Fire Party from D.C. But, it's punk so go figure.
>>
>>63319674
One more:

ESG

Forever and for always
>>
>>63319771
>see Fire Party from D.C.

Uh, what happened with them? I don't see anything about them being shunned or whatever.

>"Revolution Summer" had been a phrase Pickering used in notes she sent out to people to reflect "a climax, the end of something" and to re-inspire punks in D.C.[8] It led to events like the punk percussion protest which protested Apartheid in South Africa and President Ronald Reagan. Tomas Squip of Beefeater credited Pickering with "setting a season into motion."[9]

This fucking navel-gazing. The worst thing about punk rock.
>>
File: 1452529333367.jpg (107 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1452529333367.jpg
107 KB, 768x768
>>63319771
>GLOSS
>riot grrrl
>>
>>63319165
>cab on its side

This is why women aren't taken seriously.
>>
>>63319771
Hole would object to being lumped in with the riot grrrl scene. Courtney was actively critical of it.
>>
>>63323048
Only thing she didn't like about the scene was that when she started making more straightforward rock they ostracized her for it. She still spouted some of the same rhetoric as they did.
>>
>>63323090
I think she had a bigger problem with Kurt having put his dick in Kathleen Hanna too often
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.