[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Bad assumptions that you have made at one point. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
>ITT: Bad assumptions that you have made at one point.

I was first getting into Animal Collective, and I saw that this album was listed as "Noise Pop". I've only ever seen that term applied to bands like Pavement, so I assumed that it would sound similar to that.

I was wrong. So very wrong.
>>
>>63314660
Your post actually reminds me of discovering Pavement after hearing them labelled as "indie rock", so I went into Slanted and Enchanted expecting it to sound like Arcade Fire.

Whoops.
>>
>>63314660
that, because it was a meme, it was a bad album
actually pretty good
>>
File: disco volante.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
disco volante.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1280
I thought this was average spork core. ie: it recycled a bunch of genres in rapid succession in order to appear "weird".

its actually very unique
>>
>>63314693
I guess that just goes to show how arbitrary a lot of genre labels are.
>>
>>63314829
It's pretty much useless to try and find something specific with. I like bands like GBV, Beat Happening, and The Halo Benders, but I have no idea what you would call their sound.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
Thought this would be shitty soulless 70s prog wank with little feeling
Actually a great album that gives me some weird nostalgia, I like it a lot
>>
>>63314922
This album is amazing
>>
File: Visions.jpg (130 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
Visions.jpg
130 KB, 600x538
I was expecting black metal
>>
>>63314922
awful album
>>
I just saw Mac Demarco pictures on here and for some reason I assumed he was a white trash rapper
>>
File: a1521343667_10.jpg (278 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1521343667_10.jpg
278 KB, 1200x1200
I went in expecting F#A#infinity, but then the 15-minute track where they tune their instruments happened and I lost interest. I gave it another chance, though, and it's been growing on me.
>>
>>63314777
Just because it's sporky it doesn't mean it's bad, see The Molusk.
>>
>>63314873
i think "twee" would be accurate
>>
>>63316749
Thought this was going to have music in it. I was wrong.
>>
File: dgd-dbm-cover.jpg (2 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
dgd-dbm-cover.jpg
2 MB, 1425x1425
Thought this was just another emo album

>now my favorite post-hardcore album besides Burn, Piano Island, Burn
>>
I expected memes

I got memes
>>
>>63315018
I was expecting something hardcore and aggressive, but still under the electronic umbrella
>>
>>63315018
I wasn't expecting black metal, but something a lot more hard than what it is
>>63318202
exactly
>>
>>63314660
I assumed your dad could handle my cock all the way up his ass.

I was wrong. So very wrong.
>>
>>63314777
>it recycled a bunch of genres in rapid succession in order to appear "weird"

I mean, that's basically what it did. But it did a damn good job of it.
>>
That's funny, because outside of all the harsh noise bits, Pavement is the biggest influence on this album.

Avey spent a ton of time dropping acid at Pavement concerts and he was in a band with Geologist and Deakin that was transparently a Pavement ripoff band.
>>
>>63318959
yeah not at all though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.