[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
...oh.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: cover.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
...oh.
>>
File: devos.png (634 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
devos.png
634 KB, 600x600
NO
>>
>tfw this took three years
>won't be getting another album in at least the same amount of time
I like some of the tracks on it but it's disappointing. I almost still feel the excitement of looking forward to it since it seems so minimal and incomplete.
>>
...oh
>>
underwhelming, but it's okay.

don't get the love for the burglars or golden gal though. hocus pocus is amazing though.
>>
>>63314627
>time between release dates is time it took to record the follow-up
It was recorded in under a year.
>>
>>63314627
itll prob come out sooner. i think they're putting all their side/solo projects on hold.
>>
>>63314641
I'm on the fifth track right now. I hated Vertical and Hocus Pocus, but I like Floridada and Lying In The Grass. However, none of them even match up against the worst song on say, Sung Tongs or MPP.
>>
File: ancoalbums.png (53 KB, 808x427) Image search: [Google]
ancoalbums.png
53 KB, 808x427
>>63314673
There was still a three-year gap. Compare that to how many great albums they released in the early 2000s.
>>
>>63314641
>don't get the love for golden gal though.
me neither
>>
>>63314746
hocus pocus is a grower imo.

didn't like it at all on my first listen.
>>
>>63314747
Nah they were both doing their own thing and in '15 found some time to write an album, likely under the span of 4 or less months. I personally think it's great so it's pretty impressive that they could write such a good album in a short amount of time.
>>
>>63314747
that's because they were focused on slasher flicks/pbvsgr and busy touring said projects.

like i said here >>63314719, panda has already stated hes putting his solo career on hold and avey probably will too. i got the feeling when i met him that slasher flicks is pretty much finished.
>>
recycling and on delay are really good but summing the wretch is terrible. wtf panda
>>
Will AnCo ever pick up an acoustic guitar again?
>>
It doesn't really feel like a full, proper album. A lot of the songs are good but as a whole it's pretty insubstantial, and feels underdeveloped.

It doesn't help that Panda tried exploring that vocal style on every single track.
>>
Guys hardly anyone makes 8+ albums there entire career. It's got decent tracks on it. At least Panda is still making good shit.
>>
Really good, but not great. Definatley gonna hurt AnCo's reputation with all of the shit reviews. Definatley not as good as classic albums, but much better than ChZ.
>>
>>63317356
Honestly I think if any artists don't give a single shit about reviews it's AnCo
>>
Anyone got the FLAC dl
>>
File: Josh_Dibb_-_Deakin_-_2009.jpg (17 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Josh_Dibb_-_Deakin_-_2009.jpg
17 KB, 267x200
This album feels like it's missing something...
>>
>>63316672
>It doesn't help that Panda tried exploring that vocal style on every single track.

>I didn't listen to the album guys! Look at me!

Please leave.
>>
Was extremely disappointed with it at first, but surprisingly it's grown on me quite a bit.

It's a 7/10
>>
worst lyric they ever wrote:
>i start to wonder does this system matter
>even in leaves some creatures build themselves a home

floridada
lion in the grass
andale
spilling gust
golden gal

would've made a great EP
>>
>>63318896
panda did do the hocketing on pretty much every one of his tracks though. natural selection is the only one without it.
>>
>>63319131
Yeah, and that's not every single track. That's less than half. People overexaggerate the prominence of that shit, it's really not that bad.
>>
>>63319200
yeah but i think when that anon said that "Panda tried exploring that vocal style on every single track" they were saying that panda did so on every one of HIS tracks.
>>
>>63319076
what's wrong with those lyrics?

I like the interplay between the interior/personal and universal, as well as the tension of internal conflict that it creates. It does a lot of poetic "work" in two lines.

Does this system matter? Well, creatures have systems themselves.
>>
>>63319131
natural selection does have hocketing so you should probs listen to the album again lol
>>
>>63319265
do you mean the chorus? is that considered hocketing? i thought he was just drawing out the the "way-ay-ays" not alternating like you do with hocketing. it's the same vocal track/line.
>>
>>63319257
i respect you as a songwriter, avey, so i'm going to refrain from ripping you a new one over some of the duds on this thing but you yourself have to admit lyrics have never really been your strong suit. go back to screaming.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.