[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Smiths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: The-Queen-is-Dead-cover.png (163 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The-Queen-is-Dead-cover.png
163 KB, 300x300
Hatful of Hollow or The Queen is Dead?
>>
TQiD. I think their studio albums were better for the most part.
>>
>>63311713
the queen is dead obviously.
>>
Strangeways, Here We Come

It's my fave
>>
Louder than Bombs, tyvm
>>
>>63311713
The Queen is Dead is their most underrated album, and one of the best
>>
Hatful of Hollow for sure.
>>
clearly The Queen is Dead

>>63312120
how is it underrated? It was listed as the greatest album of all time by NME
>>
>>63311713
hatful of hollow sentimentally, but the queen is dead is far better
>>
>>63312120
You must be joking.
>>
>>63312120
In terms of their studio albums, The Queen Is Dead is their most celebrated by far. S/T is their most underrated studio album. Most overrated would probably be any compilation that wasn't a studio album.
>>
>>63312120
The album that they are most known by is underrated?
>>
File: smeeeeth.jpg (577 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
smeeeeth.jpg
577 KB, 1000x1000
>>63311713
The Queen is Dead, obviously, but the ST definitely rates above Hatful in my book.
>>
Meat is Murder.
>>
i have both and i vote queen
>>
I appreciate the compilations for the inclusion of tracks that weren't on the albums but otherwise the albums are what do it for me.
>>
File: smiths_-_meat_is_murder1.jpg (605 KB, 1414x1393) Image search: [Google]
smiths_-_meat_is_murder1.jpg
605 KB, 1414x1393
I don't get why MiM doesn't get as much love on /mu/ as their others
>>
>>63312355
Because when compared to TQiD or Strangeways it is really weak.
>>
>>63312355
I like it, in fact I'm listening to it now. But maybe it isn't as representative of them as compared to their other albums.
>>
>>63312374
I've seen a lot of folks say that but I've always felt it was the only one that was strong the whole way through without any bad tracks like 'Some Girls Are Bigger than Others', 'Unhappy Birthday' or 'Girlfriend in a Coma'.
I dunno what other people feel about those tracks but they ruin the atmosphere of the album with me and always struck me as kind of dumb lyrically.
Maybe I just have strange taste. Not trying to knock anyone else's preference or anything, mind.
>>
>>63312515
i think 'Some Girls are Bigger than Others' is one of the best songs on the album. it doesn't quite fit with the songs preceding it so it stands out to end it. I also think that 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is the best song on TQiD.
>>
>>63312374
>really weak
It's impossible for you to say that, all their albums are really consistent. Specially TQiD and MiM.
>>
>>63312234
S/T is still my favorite Smiths album.
>>
Meat is murder is my fave
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.