[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghost General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 720x405-GhostMain.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-GhostMain.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
Welcome to what is perhaps the first Ghost general thread.
>>
>>63311337
Damn I should have re-titled the title of the image. the "720x405" is really distracting.
>>
>>63311337
I've seen them a bunch of times since when they started. I don't really like the new vocalist. All their songs keep a pretty even quality level, which is nice and not very common. Their newest album is definetely the weakest though. Fun to see some new non-EDM music from Sweden reaching semi-mainstream abroad.

Opus=Infesti > Meliora.

Yup, that's my abstract of Ghost.
>>
>>63311536
They don't have a new vocalist, the identities of the band members are pretty much confirmed now. I think the singer changes his singing style in each album.

I'm completely in the opposite boat here. I first heard them back with Secular Haze and it didn't gel well with me at all. I gave them a 2nd chance with Meliora and instantly fell in love with the music. It is definitely more layered and complex than their 2nd album (after listening to it), though after repeated listens Infesti grew on me. Year Zero is so damn good.
>>
>>63311536
>I don't really like the new vocalist.

It's not a new vocalist. The band claims that they get a new Papa to replace the old one for each album but it's generally accepted by about everyone outside the band that they never actually changed the lead singer and it's been the same one since the beginning.
>>
>>63311599
Huh, didn't know that actually, I really thought they changed. Pretty cool that the singer can change voice then, even if I don't like the latest.
>>
>>63311536
>>63311641
Oh and for me I rate the albums like this:

Opus=Meliora (Because I'm still having trouble deciding which I like more) > Infesti
>>
>>63311536
>new vocalist
>>
File: Ghost-OpusEponymous.jpg (130 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-OpusEponymous.jpg
130 KB, 500x500
Stand By Him is still my personal favorite.
>>
>>63311693
I'm starting to think now that maybe Infesti > Opus. But not sure, Ritual is so damn good.
>>
>>63311706
yeahyeah, I got it senpai.
>>
>>63311732
I still like Infestissumam. It was actually the first Ghost album and I really liked it. It's just after listening to the other two albums it kinda pales in comparison.
>>
>>63311727
I think for me it's Con Clavi Con Dio, if we're just talking about songs on Opus Eponymous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M6-vtj-2hU
>>
Post your dream Ghost collaborations. I'll start:

Ghost and Kanye West.
>>
>>63311925
First Ghost album I listened to is what I meant to say.>>63312128
>>
>>63311925
First Ghost album I listened to is what I meant to say.
>>
>>63312128
Kerry King will lose weight just for the role to be the keyboardist for one concert
>>
>>63311536
Same vocalist you retard
>>
they are impossibly shit

go and listen to some uncle acid
>>
>>63313495
I enjoy both
>>
>>63313495
Uncle Acid is a better band, but they are different bands and have different appeals
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.