[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Liturgy_-_The_Ark_Work_cover.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Liturgy_-_The_Ark_Work_cover.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H45Ac1gkVJI
>>
I lowkey like this but it's so fucking goofy and weird
>>
i didn't listen to that album because vitriol was probably the worst song i heard all year
and when a song is that fucking appallingly bad i generally don't listen to any more of the artist that made it
>>
[glitches transcendentally]
>>
should their next album be a continuation of the sound of the ark work, or go back to the sound of aesthetica? i would love for them to go back, but the new sound is good too
>>
https://youtu.be/DZ-VT50SgUo
>>
File: 1456395503604.jpg (76 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1456395503604.jpg
76 KB, 878x814
>>63308322
>vitriol was probably the worst song i heard all year
I want plebs to leave.
>>
>>63308436
HEY
>>
>>63308322
it's terrible but the album is otherwise flawless, idg why it was included at all
>>
It's a great album. Only autistic metal purist manbabies hate it because "ITS NOT REAL METAL LIKE THEIR LAST ALBUM!!!"

either that or they're Scaruffi drones, and Scaruffi hates it for pretty much the same reason
>>
I really don't understand the hate for vitriol. Is it just because it is the decidedly least metal song on the album?
>>
>>63308775
>>63308322
that's one of my favorite tracks. if you think it's bad you are probably just not smart enough to understand everything it's talking about. It's an essential part of what makes the album and Liturgy an important band. Without it they would seem like faggots with all the performance art type of manifestos and shit, but that track really sells the whole thing and elevates the album. It's why years from now people will still talk about The Ark Work and say it's a masterpiece
>>
>>63308775
To be fully honest and not mememing at all, i have to admit that vitriol is actually my favorite song on that album. But to be fair i also love the opening track so I might be weird
>>
>>63309976
With not memeing I meant exactly that I'm not like >>63309917
>>
What the fuck, Liturgy is complete shit, All of you faggots should kill yourselves
>>
>>63310005
You're admiration shows nothing though. You just said Hurr durr I like it. That's a meme. my post actually had content that could prompt a conversation. yours is a dead end posted to wank yourself on the back for being different
>>
>>63309917
>that's one of my favorite tracks. if you think it's bad you are probably just not smart enough to understand everything it's talking about. It's an essential part of what makes the album and Liturgy an important band. Without it they would seem like faggots with all the performance art type of manifestos and shit, but that track really sells the whole thing and elevates the album. It's why years from now people will still talk about The Ark Work and say it's a masterpiece
So much potential for crappypasta
>>
>>63310194
You're kind of right, hurr durr I like it and I don't care. Now that you are mentioning it, I actually don't know what I'm doing on this board because I don't give a fuck what other people think about music that I love. Probably I'm just here for the memes so I guess I have to actually thank you
>>
>>63310283
> implying this wasn't already copypasta?
>>
>>63308338
I think it'd be cool if they went even further in this direction. I wish there were more good clean vocal black metal
>>
>>63310385
>>63310283
I guess I should add this to my word document of posts Ive made that people think are pasta.

it's a pretty long document and only about half of it was actually when I was trying to write pasta. I have authored a lot of posts that get this kind of reaction. I don't know why but I think it's cause I'm smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>63310457
Add that very post to the list as well. If it wasn't straight from it already

Can someone reply the meme-harder-kiddo copypasta please, I'm too tired to look for it
>>
File: u jelly.jpg (364 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
u jelly.jpg
364 KB, 1366x768
>>63310540
it wasn't from there, it was new.
>>
>>63309917
I agree that it's an important song on the album. I haven't spent much time looking into the lyrics or into the manifestos, so I can't say too much about how it relates to that, but sonically a clear theme of the album is mixing real and synthetic. Throughout the album the horns and bells alternate between real and MIDI, the vocals often become a repeated small samples of his voice rather than singing directly, and there is a layer of glitching and audio artifacting almost constantly. I think that is the album's biggest strength, and so Virtriol, featuring only synthetic instruments, is an important song thematically to the album
>>
>>63310731
I haven't read the manifesto either. does anyone have it to share?
>>
>>63308363
underrated post
>>
>>63308253
>tfw it didn't even come close to the haptic void
>>
File: shimmering-lmao.jpg (773 KB, 1029x915) Image search: [Google]
shimmering-lmao.jpg
773 KB, 1029x915
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.