[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let it Be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: let it bee.jpg (321 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
let it bee.jpg
321 KB, 1400x1400
Let it Be or Let it Be....Naked?
>>
neither, let it be is a fucking trainwreck with very weak songs

the live get back sessions are fun, but ultimately nothing else they did in 68-69 will compare to abbey road
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 99x91) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 99x91
I prefer the naked version but the production on across the universe is great on the official version

(and the only worthwhile song on the album anyway except for the title track)
>>
>>63306723
you're a shitty person if you don't like across the universe at the absolute least
>>
>>63306723
I kind of agree with this but I do enjoy Let it Be for what it is

>>63306751
>>63306683
I really like Naked's production but I really prefer the original's track listing.
>>
I still prefer Get Back to the other two.
>>
I prefer the Naked version of I Got a Feeling.
>>
>>63306683
Naked is superior. I mean, it has Don't Let Me Down
>>
whats the best way to listen to the Get back sessions?
>>
>>63307458
Bump I want to know also
>>
>>63307458
>>63308144
naked?
>>
>>63307458
Just dl the complete sessions and listen to them all.
>>
>>63308200
torrent pls
>>
I like both, but prefer the original with the exception of that I play the naked version of The Long And Winding Road every single time
>>
File: 1451383121260.jpg (688 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1451383121260.jpg
688 KB, 1280x1707
shit album
>>
>>63308200

I checked soulseek and theres like 10 different "complete sessions"
>>
>>63306850
i prefer the studio version of across the universe and think it shouldve gone on magical mystery tour, the singles side, because it was kinda john lennon's last psychedelic outing before he tried writing more rock roots stuff for the white album (not that theres no psych on that either but its considerably less because of the direction they were moving in)
>>
Naked is objectively superior. It's the way they wanted Let It Be to originally sound before Specter fucked it up
>>
>>63309464
Spector's Long And Winding Road is better than Naked's
>>
>>63308267
A/B Road
>>
>>63306683
I like naked... :)
Nobody wants to see me then tho... :(
>>
The original Let It Be. I think Naked is well produced but it's revisionist history. It's not "naked" -- there's editing on every single track. And while it retains some of Spector's ideas, it doesn't use any of the pre-Spector ideas on Glyn Johns' versions of the album at all.

It's good in the same way "Yellow Submarine Somgtrack" is good -- a latter day remix that is completely different from anything considered for release in the 1960s.

The truth of the matter is that Spector's version is superior to the three mixes Glyn Johns prepared, and Spector was only brought in b/c all four Beatles were disappointed with Johns's work. Tellingly, "Let It Be Naked" uses some elements from what Spector did (lengthening "I Me Mine", sweetening and virtually rearranging "Across The Universe", using the rooftop version of "I've Got A Feeling", editing out the beginning and ending lyrics of "Dig A Pony") while leaving the orchestra and choral voices off of it. "...Naked" is a misnomer, since pretty much every song on the album has been cleaned up to eliminate mistakes.
While I do think "...Naked" did do a good job (specifically, "Across the Universe" is good, and it's nice to hear "I Me Mine" and "The Long and Winding Road" without orchestra, plus "Don't Let Me Down" is back in the running order), I also think it missed some opportunities (no longer version of "Dig It!"--it's left off completely, which John would not have allowed had he been alive to approve it, and the bonus disc could have been so much more.)

None of the versions are perfect. "Let It Be" and "Let It Be Naked" both have good elements, but both also don't do the sessions justice completely. But I guess that's all we'll ever get.
>>
Let it Be Naked is better except for Long and Winding Road. I like the Let it Be version more.
>>
>>63309510

is there a torrent for it anywhere?

All I can find are RAR's split into 9 pieces
>>
File: 1457916441602.jpg (129 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1457916441602.jpg
129 KB, 1024x640
>>63306683
Naked is better in every way: adds a great track, tosses the "skits", sounds orgasmic
>>
>>63309464
>they wanted

They had complete control over that release, they loved it, Lennon is on record saying Specter saved it
>>
File: kum-back.png (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
kum-back.png
22 KB, 225x225
>>63307458
>>63308144
>>
File: kum-back.jpg (11 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kum-back.jpg
11 KB, 600x600
>>63307458
>>63308194
Higher res version
>>
They're both great for different reasons but I pick Naked because it has the better two versions of the two best songs on the album.

John's sense of humor is completely lost on Naked though.
>>
>>63308244
fuck off Montie
>>
>>63306683
For You Blue is superior on Naked. Also the Anthology version is good too. better than the LiB original release
>>
>>63307458
Get Back - The Elektra Acetate
>>
>>63311278
John Lennon said all sorts of goofy shit, especially around that time. It's as likely he was being sarcastic, not really giving a shit about how a Beatles album was doing when he was so detached from the band by that point and wanting to focus on going solo. Of course it's also very plausible he was being serious. Also, "they loved it" really only means John based on what he said. The other members didn't like it very much. Paul was horrified by Spector's mix.

>They had complete control over that release
This is true, however Paul was skeptical of Spector from the beginning, but even he didn't think he would do that to the record. They let him mix it on his own thinking he would do well enough. By the time they got it back, if I remember right, it was too late to change it.
>>
>>63312287
This, forever.

Also, anyone who tells me The Long and Winding Road isn't one of Paul's best piano ballads has never played piano.
>>
>>63309656
Tradersden
>>
>>63309559
>there's editing on every single track
This is true. I was surprised when I read about the pitch adjustments the first time. Doesn't change how great it is though
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.