[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is coil actually good, or is it just poseur-core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: coil-the-ape-of-naples.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
coil-the-ape-of-naples.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
Is coil actually good, or is it just poseur-core?
>>
poseurcore is a meme
coil is actually fantastic and very easy to understand
>>
>>63304328
this
>>
File: 1457400118492[1].jpg (891 KB, 1597x1430) Image search: [Google]
1457400118492[1].jpg
891 KB, 1597x1430
Poseurcore
>>
If you tilt your screen you can see the name of the album on the bottom right.
>>
>>63304328
A lot of people have a really hard time with Drone, so I'd say for example Time Machines is pretty damn hard to "understand".

Things like The Ape of Naples and Music to Play in the Dark are a whole different story.
>>
>>63304311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYMbIuil8c
im not so much into Coil. i like musick to play in the dark, but also this song is amazingly danzable lol
>>
File: fixd.jpg (931 KB, 1597x1430) Image search: [Google]
fixd.jpg
931 KB, 1597x1430
>>
>>63304538
>Halber Mensch 1/4
Why?
>>
>>63304538
>comus 2/4
>tmr 2/4
>bird seed 1/4
>tokyo anal dynamite 1/4
ladd...
>>
File: Choc.jpg (26 KB, 371x463) Image search: [Google]
Choc.jpg
26 KB, 371x463
>>63304538
>not liking Exuma
>>
>>63304371
>that specific c93 album
someone explain to me why
it's definitely one of their most accessible albums
maybe i've misunderstood this meme though

>>63304538
what does this mean
are you rating the albums? why would anyone care?
>>
What the fuck is poseurcore? Does it mean someone is only listening to albums because they want to seem intelligent/like they have good taste?
>>
>>63305022
Pretty much, don't take it so seriously though, it's just shitposting
>>
>>63305053
Well,

A. that's hilarious
B. I'm using the chart to find new music. Fucking lol.
>>
>>63305098
Good lad.
>>
>>63305098
yea it's actually a really good chart
>>
>>63305098
>>63305653

fucking this man, i've said it before but although these charts are made to piss people off they've got some great albums on there and i've found lots of good stuff because of them
>>
>>63304371
add lou reed - metal machine music to that chart
>>
it's not poser core but it's not actually good. really mediocre or middling music with a bunch of hokey creepy junk. they are melodramatic with no self awareness
>>
>>63304371
Killer chart. Brb, gonna drone the rest.

>Ape of Naples: Ok, pretty tedious
>TMR: Great
>Ascension: Very good
>20 Jazz Funk Greats: Good
>First Utterance: Ok, don't particularly get it
>Unjust Malaise: Great
>Vision Creation Newsun: Very good
>Tilt: Good
>Parable of Arable Land: Don't particularly get it
>The Shape of Jazz to Come: Very good
>Faust: Very good
>Spiritual Unity: Decent
>Karma: Decent
>>
It's poseurcore, but that's fine, as all those releases (or, the ones I've heard) are great.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.