[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Folk punk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: AJJ.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
AJJ.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
What are some good folk punk bands? I really enjoy AJJ but what are your favorites?
>>
Defiance, Ohio
Ghost Mice
Your Heart Breaks
Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains (Anything with Pat the Bunny really)
Paul Baribeau
Spoonboy
Mischief Brew
>>
>>63302848
Days n Daze
>>
>>63302912
to add to this

Hail Seizures
Psalters
Mallory
Days N' Daze
Igaf Sequoia
Chris Clavin
and The Taxpayers are ok
>>
>>63302912
Sounds like nationalistic bullshit to me
>>
>>63302955
Adding This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
>>
File: 1422052396833.png (92 KB, 236x255) Image search: [Google]
1422052396833.png
92 KB, 236x255
>>63302967
>>
>>63302848
>jihad
is the beat explosive :^) the kinda music i wanna play when flying a plane :^)
>>
Tim OT
Chuck SJ Hay
>>
listen to the ajj/ghost mice split
>>
>>63303021
kys
>>
>>63302848
Anorexic Olsen Twin
Paul Baribeau
Chad Hates George
Closet Fiend
Moon Bandits
Rail Yard Ghosts are ight

you'll be crusty in no time
>>
>>63303091
omg lol xDD memes
>>
>>63303080
AJJ completely blows Ghost Mice out of the water on this. they just seem hokey and corny in comparison
>>
>>63303117
you're right, the ajj half makes the ghost mice half near unlistenable. you'd have to listen to the two halfs at separate occasions
>>
>>63302926
>>63302955
>Days n Daze
my niggaz
>>
Can someone tell me what is not awful about Days n Daze? They seem like a calculated experiment to see if folk punk fans will willingly listen to the worst music possible.
>>
I'll call them Andrew Jackson Jihad for ever
>>
BLACKBIRD RAUM
>>
>>63303277
i wouldn't say folk punk fans consider their music to be "good" in that way. most people hate folk punk because it doesn't please the ears
>>
File: 7485.gif (3 MB, 629x455) Image search: [Google]
7485.gif
3 MB, 629x455
>>63303305
>>
Are any of the Ramshackle Glory side projects good?
>>
>>63303277
they're not even close to the worst folk punk

>>63303137
it's sad because I like their positivity but I think they go overboard and their musicality doesn't compensate for it
>>
Pat the Bunny (Mainly Johnny Hobo and Wingnut, but Ramshackle and his solo stuff is alright)
Cranford Nix

The only two that matter.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.