[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does everyone like about MF DOOM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Ojy1b.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ojy1b.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
Why would anyone like mf doom, he has lazy beats, poor rhymes, nothing good
>>
white music /b/ types like him because of his nerdy references, non-misogynistic non-threatening subject matter, and non-aggressive instrumentalization
>>
His flow is pretty unique and hypnotic. I like that
>>
people like easy music
>>
>>63302788
>i like icecream you can skip the wedding
damn..
>>
>>63302884
he means sex

nice try though
>>
>Do not stand still, both show skills
>Close but no krills, toast for po' nils, post no bills
>Coast to coast Joe Shmoe's flows ill, go chill
>Not supposed to overdose No-Doz pills

so lazy amirite
>>
>>63302923
what is he trying to say
>>
>>63302788
>experimental beats using old cartoon samples, releases them all on special herb albums so people don't have to deal with shitty rips
>stream-of-conciousness style of rapping makes you hang on his every word, varied subject matter as well because of this
>great wordplay
>>
>>63302788
People desperately want to believe that some "intelligent", "true", "actually good" rap just HAS TO exist. One day he was listed as one and that's it.
>>
>>63302788
Doom is my version of easy listening. When I just want to feel chill. He never tried to be the best at any one thing. Just an all around solid artist.
>>
>>63302923
>do not stand still, both show skills
hes talking about madvillain aka mf doom and madlib, they both show skills
>close but no krills
they've done well but never really made it big
>toast for po' nils
advice for poor people
>post no bills
don't advertise yourself
>coast to coast joe shmoe flows ill
DOOM is talking about himself, he's a joe schmoe who is a good rapper and travels from coast to coast
>go chill / not supposed to overdose no doz pills
idk use your own interpretation faggot
>>
>>63302983
You don't think rap can be high art? You're missing out.
>>
>>63302983
we call those type of people faggots

i just like DOOM because he's yet another good rapper
>>
His music is pretty chill and easy to listen.
>>
>got more lyrics than a church got "ooh lord"s
>and he hold the mic and your attention like two swords
>or maybe one with two blades on it
>hey you
>don't touch the mic like there's AIDS on it
No further explanation necessary
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.